Bioshlock

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Bioshlock

Post by Mad Max RW »

Is anyone else looking forward to this game only to see everybody be as disappointed as I expect? Ignore the kinda cool setting and it's just Doom 3 with a couple magic spells. All the proof you need is in the gameplay videos. Plus it's being developed for console so there's no way in hell it'll be as complex as System Shock 2 (Bioshock being the supposed "spiritual succesor").

Pooper wanted me to bitch about something, and this mediocre game's hype machine is getting way out of hand. So there.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Good old Mad Max RW. I actually somewhat agree with your bitching too on Bioshock. I like Irrational games but I don't get the whole fuss about non-linear type gaming in Bioshock as you just kill enemies in slightly different ways and its not like its going to be like tons of ways to kill things. From what I saw there are sentries and spells that cause damage, with the spells there are different ones that do different things (lewl) like one you can electrocute water which is kinda cool. Also turning enemies against each other isn't that revolutionary but is praised in all the previews. It's a pretty standard shooter and not the RPG people are claiming.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

As someone who never played System Shock, Bioshock just looks like another gimmicky shooter.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Spiritual Successor to System Shock II? I'll believe that when it knocks me out and steals my kidneys. Or makes me want to go turn on the lights. Whichever.

Pretty good FPS with nice graphics? Probably.

Eh, it'll never do what they're saying it will, but I'm still interested enough to try out a demo or just go buy the thing, if only for the setting/production design.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Come on guys, don't give up. It's shock-full of retrofuturism!

But yeah, it needs more pant-shitting scary moments to call itself the spiritual whatever to SS2. And I don't mean scripted events.

I don't care much about stats and shit, you're not a super hacker cyborg space marine dude after all.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I am hoping that Bioshock will be a pleasant surprise. If not, it is not as though I have sleep to be lost.
GRATING OLD ONE wrote:psychic super hacker cyborg space marine dude
Mended. :drunk:
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Its more complex than System Shock 2.
And i believe Ken Levine.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Looks like hyped up crap. But then again, everything sort of looks like hyped up crap nowadays. Maybe it's me?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

St. Toxic wrote:Looks like hyped up crap. But then again, everything sort of looks like hyped up crap nowadays. Maybe it's me?
I agree depressingly. :cry:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

If you hold me, I'll hold you.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

I don't think adding a grade 12 critique of Objectivism ("it's selfish and leads to a dog-eat-mutant world!") to a first-person shooter will do much for gamers like me. If this was an RPG I would be all over it, but it's going to be a frag-fest with uber-cool plasm powers instead. No thanks. I might d/l it for the pretty visuals and Vault Boy-like ads, but that's my limit. Plus I don't care for the horror genre that much.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

St. Toxic wrote:If you hold me, I'll hold you.
:hug:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

St. Toxic wrote:Looks like hyped up crap. But then again, everything sort of looks like hyped up crap nowadays. Maybe it's me?
nah
computer gaming more or less died in 1998 or so
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Bioshock looks like nothing but a hyped up pile of shit. Graphics, "OMG like System Shock 2" to try to appeal to the older gen gamers, and running around killing things via Halo is all that it will be.

It looks like they chose careful words to the press in the early stages of development to hype this up, and it's working as usual, as the younger gamers will swallow everything they're fed.

I'll repeat it, say hello to next-gen gaming. :cry:
Thor Kaufman wrote:
nah
computer gaming more or less died in 1998 or so
Oblivion was the last nail on the coffin.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I'm thinking maybe some of us are just harder to impress now..

Add the lower overall quality and gaming seems *dead*.

I'm giving this one a shot, but mainly to see how fucked up my main character can get with all the different genetic changes.
Testicular Pugilist
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Re: Bioshlock

Post by Koki »

Well, after they announced that you can't kill Little Sisters freely anymore I dropped down from the hype, and broke my finger. I am still looking forward to play it though.

And to everyone who say they can't see what's great in it, or doubt it being spiritual successor to SS2, read up or shut the fuck up your whore mouth.
Serious Business.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

this bullshock hype doesn`t works on me, mang. I probably will buy a new computer in the year 2008/9, so i don`t care, it looks too much of a FPS anyways, i can`t see the special thing, which they are talking about, the setting is like meh. Serious Sam kicks this Bioshlock thing in every fun aspect. Crysis is the FPS heavan anyway. GTA 4 is teh shit, too. Fallout 3 won`t be any different like Bioschlotz, just a little bit better, because of dialoges and shit. The name Big Daddy sounds like Hip Hop.
St.Toxic wrote:Looks like hyped up crap. But then again, everything sort of looks like hyped up crap nowadays.
Hyper Hyper

Ahh... Germany 94` B)
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Crysis looks boring as fuck to me. Nice graphics but that's it. Maybe someone will make a decent Predator game out of the engine or even better a remake of Ghost Recon 1.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Nah, Crysis developers are muslims or something, they can`t produce shit or they need to re-open a Kebab-imbiss, which they don`t want, so i think it`s gonna be a good game. :chew: My professional opinion strikes again.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

As a profesional self-pleasurer, my professional opinion is that Crysis will be another gimmicky shooter. Boring.
Our Host!