Fallout Tactics- Junction City- Invisible Reavers

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Brandon_Rule
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout Tactics- Junction City- Invisible Reavers

Post by Brandon_Rule »

Upon arriving at Junction city, I go to the lower left corner of the map to Hank's house to get the robot piece he is supposed to have. When I am supposed to be "ambushed" by the reavers, the red dots appear on my map however, the reavers are completely invisible. I am able to kill them but only because I have my characters set to automatically shoot enemies. basically, on the other side of the map, in the reaver camp, the same problem persists. The game text log registers that I am killing reavers and gaining XP, however, i am unable to see the reavers themselves or pick up any of their gear. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

spr-character_D.bos is either missing or corrupted. Check the fallout tactics\core folder on your hard drive, it should be 40,717KB.

You might have to manually install the file from your cds or try using winrar to repair the archive.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Brandon_Rule
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brandon_Rule »

there's several of the spr-character files, with different alphabetical extensions, but there's no spr-character_D.bos
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Brandon_Rule wrote:there's several of the spr-character files, with different alphabetical extensions, but there's no spr-character_D.bos
Sounds like that's your problem then.
Brandon_Rule
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brandon_Rule »

I tried getting the needed file manually from the CD but b/c i think my cd's are fairly scratched up, the file itself can't be accessed :(
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Is the file the right size on the disc?

If so try cleaning it and do you have access to another disc drive (maybe a friends) so you can copy the file across. Hell my cd1 has a split across a third of a disc but it still can be read.
Brandon_Rule
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brandon_Rule »

I found the right file, i appreciate you helping me find it, thanks. it just sucks that so far, I haven't been able to get it off the disk. do you have any suggestions on how to clean it?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Try a disc cleaning kit from an appropriate high street store.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

gosh, someone just lend this man the appropriate file
Brandon_Rule
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brandon_Rule »

So, by some miraculous stroke of fortune and after re-installing the game several times, I was finally able to complete the Junction City mission, with all reavers present (it was kind of laggy but somehow, I got it to work). However, now, I'm stuck on the Newton mission. Albert Lamore, the reaver ambassador, is nowhere to be found. Sometimes, I can move my curse around where he's supposed to be, and if I click just right, I can initiate a conversation with him even though he's invisible. Well, every time I get the invisible reaver delegate to join my party, Fallout Tactics crashes within 20 seconds of me leaving the building he's in. Any suggestions ?
NATIK
Respected
Respected

Post by NATIK »

Go download an image of the disc of a torrent site and either extract the file from it or reinstall using it...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

A fixed version (the default wouldn't fire the rocket launcher while standing upright) of the reaver male sprite is available here. Just rename it ReaverMale.spr and create a folder on your hd fallout tactics/core/sprites/characters for it.

If that doesn't help then check if mis-core_D.bos is 3,614kb.

You might want to download the booster to unpack all your files (re-apply the patch afterwards), which might help with the lagging.
Our Host!