I Am Legend Trailer

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I have never and probably will never read a King book. Martin Luther or Stephen.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

You're an ignoramous!

Anyone recommend me a Clive Barker book btw? heard he's got the whole horror thing sorted out as well.
tykjen
SDF!
SDF!

Post by tykjen »

Will fkn Smith..good enough reason to skip this movie.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

tykjen wrote:Will fkn Smith..good enough reason to skip this movie.
qfe
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Anyone recommend me a Clive Barker book btw? heard he's got the whole horror thing sorted out as well.
Hellraiser...enough said.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

King of Creation wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:Anyone recommend me a Clive Barker book btw? heard he's got the whole horror thing sorted out as well.
Hellraiser...enough said.
a.k.a the Hellbound Heart

It's been a decade since I read any Clive Barker but The Books of Blood (1-3) and The Inhuman Condition were great, most of those stories got turned into comic books as well.
His novels tend to be really long, epic wankfests, I'd stay away from them.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

double post fuck me.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:His novels tend to be really long, epic wankfests, I'd stay away from them.
Yeah :cough: imajica :cough: Could have been a great 100-page short story, but no...
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Ok, explain Susannah in The Dark Tower.
Yeah, and she's also a fucking nutjob. Half of her personality was hewn together by some CRAZY HONKEY MA-FUH (by the way what the FUCK does that even mean?!) hating guttertrash prone to beating men up after seducing them.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Mr. Teatime wrote:You're an ignoramous!
And you're British.

@Gaijin: Crazy honkey mother fucker?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

The Gaijin wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:Ok, explain Susannah in The Dark Tower.
Yeah, and she's also a fucking nutjob. Half of her personality was hewn together by some CRAZY HONKEY MA-FUH (by the way what the FUCK does that even mean?!) hating guttertrash prone to beating men up after seducing them.
Well, if you look at it that way, Eddie's just some white trash junkie, and Roland a psychotic with a gun complex (like when he slaughters that entire town in the first book). Nah, I don't buy your theory with Susannah. All the characters change, and Susannah's the only one who escapes from the whole thing at the end of it all.

CRAZY HONKEY MA-FUH = crazy honkey motherfucker. Just in, uh, black speak. Ok, that's kinda weak, but even King points out that the way Detta Walker speaks is kind of a televised 'black speak' that doesn't really exist in the real world.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

There are alot more crazy white people in his books than black people and quite frankly I find it degrading to our race.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Dogmeatlives wrote:There are alot more crazy white people in his books than black people and quite frankly I find it degrading to our race.
"Our race"? he's a Hebe.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

CRAZY HONKEY MA-FUH = crazy honkey motherfucker. Just in, uh, black speak. Ok, that's kinda weak, but even King points out that the way Detta Walker speaks is kind of a televised 'black speak' that doesn't really exist in the real world.
Cause when you live in Maine, TV is the closest youz evah gohn gets to po' blax folks. How about some more stories revolving around a writer who lives in a small New England town....
Dogmeatlives wrote:There are alot more crazy white people in his books than black people and quite frankly I find it degrading to our race.
He's a Hebe, world-wide zionist conspiracy? :?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Am I giving you the Hebe-jeebies?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

Dogmeatlives wrote:If you're a Stephen King fan, you have to read THe MIST. It's like a 100 page novella. It's in the beginning of THE NIGHT SHIFT I believe. I have read alot of Stephen King and it's my favorite story. It's kinda like a very fucked up Twilight Zone episode. I'm pretty sure it's also being made into a movie with the Shawshank Redemption director directing.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

-- and another (book) bites the dust --- and succumbs to the action tendencies of today.

Sadly, I knew this was going to happen as soon as I saw will smith was foing to be the main character as all his movie characters have been action characters, starting I think with the sci fi movie, Men in Black.

And just because he did starr in that movie, this doesn't mean the can starr in a movie about a man trying to survive in the wasteland after an apocalyptic event. And how humans in these sort of conditions slightly deteriorate to --- our baser instincts... and what this does to our relationships...

-- not will smith running around shooting vampires...

edit:

I have nothing against will smith personally or as an actor, but I really don't think he's right for the part of the last man on earth. The producers probably wanted someone with experience from sci fi movies and he's been in what?? --- Independence Day, Men in Black 1 and 2, I, Robot,
and maybe some other sci fi movies??

All of these movies are action movies, it seems. I, Robot, was definitely an action movie more than a philosophical piece/movie about the difference between a man and a robot. and the tradic thing is - that it really wasn't that great of a movie.

I have nothing against the main character in 'i am legend' being african-american (black) either, but couldn't they have gotten another african-american actor like Denzel or Eddie Murphy ? Eddie Murphy is mentioned because I would like to see him do a serius role once in a while instead of doing comedies all the time....
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Try The Damnation Game (my favorite Barker novel back when I read his stuff) and some of his shorts.

Also, you might want to give House of Leaves (by Mark Z. Danielewski) a shot if you're looking for good horror fiction.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Cheers nico. neither of those books are in any of the libraries near me. Heh. But keep the suggestions coming - yeah, I'm after good horror fiction right now.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Give James Herbert a look-in if you haven't done already. The Fog, The Rats, Lair, Domain. All good, especially if you like rats. That's four separate books, btw.

Only Clive Barker book I've read is Creed, and that was only so-so.

And yeah, that Mist Stephen King short story kicks ass.
Our Host!