Fallout d20 Updates

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout d20 Updates

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Glutton Creeper Games">Company: Glutton Creeper Games</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout d20">Game: Fallout d20</a>

<p>I got an email from <a href="http://gluttoncreeper.com/" target="_self">Glutton Creeper Games</a> today, detailing the state of <em>Fallout d20</em>. Here's what they had to say:
</p><blockquote><p><em>Our lawyer received a nice letter from ZeniMax's law firm, stating we had 2 days to remove any references promoting a Fallout PnP from our website, and they do not have any business with GCG since they own all media right to Fallout in any form and do not wish to do business with GCG in any manner. Also they still calm Interplay never had any rights to license a PNP game to us, refusing to give us prove of their claim, and that Interplay should be the target of our lawyer and not them. Interplay has been silent on this matter so far.
</em></p><p><em>So for now, Fallout PnP is being converted into a generic Post-Apocalyptic d20 that is suitable for any Post-Apocalypse setting. Use our storyline we are adding or just the general rules and add your own. We will still include the paranoia of WW2 and the Cold War, along with the 50' science fiction / comic book humor, and world events into our products, as these cannot be claimed as IP.</em>
</p></blockquote><p>It's unclear why Zenimax wouldn't give GCG a copy of the contract. It just seems they're bullying a smaller company who was put into a bad situation by Interplay.</p>
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Glutton Creeper's FO d20 not only was the biggest crap with Fallout name attached since FOBOS, but they were bullying fan PnP projects before, so I don't really feel sorry for them.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I feel sorry for them :(

Feelings Online :google:
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

I was hoping that this would never be released, but by their own decision after coming to the rational conclusion that their work was a hideous abomination... not Zenimax forcing them to close shop.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Ausir wrote:Glutton Creeper's FO d20 not only was the biggest crap with Fallout name attached since FOBOS, but they were bullying fan PnP projects before, so I don't really feel sorry for them.
I guess we'll see how good/bad it is once they release their generic post-apoc PnP. All I've seen so far was some mediocre artwork, which presumably has been revised since. I figure the changes to the PnP will mostly be cosmetic, and a step towards Wasteland. Who owns the rights to Wastelandâ„¢, by the way?
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

EA IIRC
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Brian Fargo's InXile bought the rights from EA.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Since it's no longer tied to Fallout, they can hopefully finally find an use to all those jet engines and orcs with miniguns.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I should've remembered that. Wasn't Brian Fargo willing to write the foreword to the Fallout d20 PnP? I find it possible they'll try to obtain rights to a Wasteland PnP. I know I would.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

While I feel a little bit sorry for GCG, their product looked like shite and I hate the d20 system. Maybe someone will now be able to develop an official PnP game using SPECIAL instead.

Anyways, getting screwed/sued is almost a rite of passage for RPG developers, so maybe this will give them the chops to play dirtier next time.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Our Host!