The Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer and updated info

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

TelemachusSneezed wrote:Question: Is the BOS logo pre-nuc or post-nuc? That is, was it created for the purpose of the BOS, or was it the logo of the North American Annex "armed services" or whatever before the war?
Re-post... 'cause it's so damn important to me!

I ask the question, because could it be possible for the BOS logo not to imply BOS? After the collapse, there would have been a whole bunch of military stuff to be scavenged, so the appearance of a BOS logo every now and then would be expected.

This is not to say that this is what BS is thinking... they obviously want there to be a BOS branch on the East Coast.

In Bethesda's defense though, power armor really is a symbol of Fallout; it's on all the covers of each FO game. So, BS' thought might have been "Here's yet another symbol from the original series that we can throw in to reassure the fans that we are trying to stick to Fallout's origins." Whether this is a fail or not is besides the point.

And now, for your entertainment... Googly Black Kid!
<marquee>
</marquee>
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

So they overused symbols that they really DIDNT understand, while trying to reassure us they understood them, only to make us thing they dont understand them.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

PsychoSnipers wrote:So they overused symbols that they really DIDNT understand, while trying to reassure us they understood them, only to make us thing they dont understand them.
what symbols are you referring to? theres only one that is an issue of contention, and its the BOS logo

you dont understand nuka cola, bethesda. you just dont understand
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I've heard people saying that "war...war never changes" was being said by the power armor guy, is that true? I was thinking it was just the normal fallout type narrator intro.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I've heard people saying that "war...war never changes" was being said by the power armor guy, is that true? I was thinking it was just the normal fallout type narrator intro.
It was Ron Perlman melting your eardrums.

Alexantard wrote:
jetbaby wrote:bla bla Powerarmour bla bla
Jetbaby, you have been trolled.
No shit?

TelemachusSneezed wrote:logo
To my best knowledge it was designed specifically by and for the Brotherhood. Each image within it represents a faction within the Brotherhood, as described in Fallout, if I recall.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

VaultDweller
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 2008.... wha?!

Post by VaultDweller »

Its been ten years since the release of Fallout. Nine years since Fallout 2. The others no one really cared about (you know that game with all that walk around and hit things in real time crap and then that other one that was on something called a console?) LOL! Anyways yeah it sucks we gotta wait another year. Guys we made it this far and at one time we seriously didnt even think we were even getting a Fallout 3. Its still a wha? situation and i think even after this third installment it still will be just that. Soo much trauma and drama that its all vain but I loved every min of it since day one 10 years ago. I'm also happy to know we have such a great community and others like me (thats right I'm talking about all of you out there :P) to know a great game that turned into a great series to finally in my opinion to become the greatest E! True Hollywood Story Conspiracy of all times in video game history!
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Fallout 2008.... wha?!

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

VaultDweller wrote:Its been ten years since the release of Fallout. Nine years since Fallout 2. The others no one really cared about (you know that game with all that walk around and hit things in real time crap and then that other one that was on something called a console?) LOL! Anyways yeah it sucks we gotta wait another year. Guys we made it this far and at one time we seriously didnt even think we were even getting a Fallout 3. Its still a wha? situation and i think even after this third installment it still will be just that. Soo much trauma and drama that its all vain but I loved every min of it since day one 10 years ago. I'm also happy to know we have such a great community and others like me (thats right I'm talking about all of you out there :P) to know a great game that turned into a great series to finally in my opinion to become the greatest E! True Hollywood Story Conspiracy of all times in video game history!
? lol im olny her 4 goatse
Death to quotes.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've little doubt I will start saving for a new desktop.....just for Fallout 3....

:sadbuttrue:

Even if it sucks, at least I'll have a slick rig to play solitaire on.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

It pains me to say this, but I'll most likely be playing it on my brothers 360. My computer couldn't handle it.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

At least you'll have easier time chaining comboses for Speech(craft), Dogmeatlives.

:alwayslookatthebrightsideoflife:
Serious Business.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

ExtremeRyno wrote:Even if it sucks, at least I'll have a slick rig to play solitaire on.
:yes:
Koki wrote:At least you'll have easier time chaining comboses for Speech(craft), Dogmeatlives.

:alwayslookatthebrightsideoflife:
:thehorror:

anyhow, let's start looking for numbers '3' in the trailer :chuckel:
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

tardbaby wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I've heard people saying that "war...war never changes" was being said by the power armor guy, is that true? I was thinking it was just the normal fallout type narrator intro.
It was Ron Perlman melting your eardrums.
Ron Perlman-Burgundy is inside the Powerarmour! Plot twist!

tardbaby wrote:
Alexantard wrote:
jetbaby wrote:bla bla Powerarmour bla bla
Jetbaby, you have been trolled.
No shit?
NO SHIT. Shit, no... GOD, NO!
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

-Low-res models and textures -- quite the top-down arsenal if I'd attempt to say so myself.

-A budget enough to buy the intended Ink Spots tune. Well done, chums.

-Relatively few thongs.

Looks like a well designed crowd pleaser. Either get your hopes up, or prepare for the worst rape of Fallout you'll ever see.

:lost son:
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

St. Toxic wrote:-Low-res models and textures -- quite the top-down arsenal if I'd attempt to say so myself.

-A budget enough to buy the intended Ink Spots tune. Well done, chums.

-Relatively few thongs.

Looks like a well designed crowd pleaser. Either get your hopes up, or prepare for the worst rape of Fallout you'll ever see.

:lost son:
Aiee! Did you get your situation straightened out? Where have you been?
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Well, I've been living out of a dumpster for the last few years. A week ago I scored an apartement, managed to dig up a few sacks of cash, and now I'm pretty much back to normal. I'll tell a lengthy story at the end of the week, mangs.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Holy crap! Toxic! Welcome back.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

King of Creation wrote:Holy crap! Toxic! Welcome back.

chyeah, basically. WHADDUP MANG?

Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

St. Toxic wrote: I'll tell a lengthy story at the end of the week, mangs.
we want all the sordid details, though!
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I want a bible-sized novel. I want to be stuck reading the epic journey you went through for the next ten years.

Our Host!