Reavers n' Rocket Launchers

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Reavers n' Rocket Launchers

Post by Max-Violence »

Has anyone else noticed that male "Reaver-Huge" actors can't use Rocket Launchers very well? Here's what I did:

Set up 4 actors - 2 Reaver-Huge actors (1 male & 1 female) and 2 normal Reaver actors (again, 1 male and 1 female) The two women and the male Reaver have no problems. The male Reaver-Huge, however, does.

He trys to shoot it, but every shot is a "dud." He's shown using the "fire the rocket launcher" animation over and over and over, but not once does a rocket actually fire.

In the end, I found out that male Reaver-Huge actors can only fire rocket launchers if the actor is in Crouched or Prone stance.

Wierd, ya?

If I keep this up, I'll discover all the bugs in FOT! :)

At least I hope so... in the hope that a certain game company will make a new patch with certain bugs fixed for a certain game.

Oh, and they could fix Make Picture while they're at it.

Like I said, I'm hoping...

:)
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Right I know what that sounds like. The StandAttackRocketSingle sprite sequence is probably missing it's release point. However, I've checked the version of ReaverMaleHuge on our server, and it seems OK. I'm slightly puzzled.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Right, so, where does that leave us mappers?

Oh, and "slightly puzzled" isn't quite the phrase I used when I discovered what was goin' on :)

If you could suggest a way to make it work (extracting/renaming/whatevering some file somewhere), I'd be all ears.

Any developments on the AI re-initialization issue?
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Remember the Sound Issue, Too...

Post by OnTheBounce »

Just in case everyone's forgotten, the Rocket Launcher doesn't make any sounds due to the WAV files having been misnamed. Rename the files as follows to fix it:

rocketlauncherOutOfAmmo.WAV = rocketOutOfAmmo.WAV
rocketlauncherReload.WAV = rocketReload.WAV
rocketlaunchersingle1.WAV = rocketSingle1.WAV
rocketlaunchersingle2.WAV = rocketSingle2.WAV

(Now this won't be lost when the other forum is shut down.)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Remember the Sound Issue, Too...

Post by Viktor »

OnTheBounce wrote:Just in case everyone's forgotten, the Rocket Launcher doesn't make any sounds due to the WAV files having been misnamed. Rename the files as follows to fix it:

OTB
I wondered why the damn thing was so quiet!! Will change the files when I get home!!

Cheers OTB!
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Reavers n' Rocket Launchers

Post by Viktor »

Max-Violence wrote:Has anyone else noticed that male "Reaver-Huge" actors can't use Rocket Launchers very well? Here's what I did:

Set up 4 actors - 2 Reaver-Huge actors (1 male & 1 female) and 2 normal Reaver actors (again, 1 male and 1 female) The two women and the male Reaver have no problems. The male Reaver-Huge, however, does.

He trys to shoot it, but every shot is a "dud." He's shown using the "fire the rocket launcher" animation over and over and over, but not once does a rocket actually fire.

In the end, I found out that male Reaver-Huge actors can only fire rocket launchers if the actor is in Crouched or Prone stance.

Wierd, ya?

If I keep this up, I'll discover all the bugs in FOT! :)

At least I hope so... in the hope that a certain game company will make a new patch with certain bugs fixed for a certain game.

Oh, and they could fix Make Picture while they're at it.

Like I said, I'm hoping...

:)
Should we have a "Known Bugs" topic in the main FO:T forum???

With regard to grenades and rocket launchers, I regularly see grenades and rockets thrown/launched by my PC, NPCs and enemies that just disappear into thin air - no sound/explosion/damage at all!!!

Have they found a 'code hole' in the map or did the combat engine just forget about them mid-flight?? As I often find my PC and NPC can 'see' an enemy in a level above/below in multi layer maps, my money's on the former reason.....
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Section8 wrote:However, I've checked the version of ReaverMaleHuge on our server, and it seems OK. I'm slightly puzzled.
Is it possible you fixed this but forgot to include it in the finished version or the patches? If so, could you post a link for us to get it?
Good to see you still care for the game enough to check this forums. Thanks. Btw, any luck with Max's previous problem?
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Is it possible you fixed this but forgot to include it in the finished version or the patches?
Hmm, it's possible, and I've just tried it at home with te release version of 1.27, and had my Huge Reavers "dummy" firing, so I'll check the sprite versions, and see if there's a fixed one for you guys to have.
Good to see you still care for the game enough to check this forums. Thanks. Btw, any luck with Max's previous problem?
Not really, it seems as though Human to AI control does some strange things to characters.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Section8 wrote:I'll check the sprite versions, and see if there's a fixed one for you guys to have.
Hey, thanks dude!

(It is dude, right? Not dudette? Boy, would my face be red :oops: )

But anyway, yea, it'd be useful to have a male Reaver-Huge that isn't a putz :)

All this sprite talk made me think of somethin':

Did you guys (The programmers/arteests @ MF) plan on having Civilians that can use weapons like normal actors, and then nix the idea, or was there no plan to have fully-made civies at all?

Oh, and why is it that Deathclaws can use lockpicks, but they can't use Doctor's Bag/First Aid kit? The two things are a lot alike, aren't they? Is it because Doctor's Bad and First Aid kits are required to use thier respective skills, where as lockpicks only bolster the skill?

Ah, I think I've reached the limits on what can be asked of the game's designers, so I'll shut up :)

For now...
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Hey, thanks dude!
(It is dude, right? Not dudette? Boy, would my face be red )
It's definitely dude. :)
All this sprite talk made me think of somethin':
Did you guys (The programmers/arteests @ MF) plan on having Civilians that can use weapons like normal actors, and then nix the idea, or was there no plan to have fully-made civies at all?
Civvies, BOS Scribes, BOS Elders and a few others have a cut down animation set (hand to hand, pistol, maybe melee) because they aren't intended as player characters.
Oh, and why is it that Deathclaws can use lockpicks, but they can't use Doctor's Bag/First Aid kit? The two things are a lot alike, aren't they? Is it because Doctor's Bad and First Aid kits are required to use thier respective skills, where as lockpicks only bolster the skill?
I'm not quite sure about that, it sounds to me like a hard coded multiplayer balance thing...
--
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Does that include Vault 0 Dwellers? Having a pistol animation I mean. Cause I think there wasn't such an animation when I tried to create an entity VD. Also can you explain why they don't crouch, go prone in game? If I put them prone they don't stand up, if I have them standing,they don't go prone.Any way to fix this?
Also, could you check OTB's thread FoT and Dates, in the Modding Forum? I would also be interested in an answer, it would come handy for everyone, if there is a solution.
Chaos
Respected
Respected
Location: Somewhere, don't really know I got lost on the way to Vault 13.

Re: Remember the Sound Issue, Too...

Post by Chaos »

OnTheBounce wrote:Just in case everyone's forgotten, the Rocket Launcher doesn't make any sounds due to the WAV files having been misnamed. Rename the files as follows to fix it:

OTB
do i just go into the sound file to fix this?
Soldier of the wastes. :gun:
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Just unzip those files from sound_0.bos and rename 'em as directed. I did it and the thing sounds pretty freakin' sweet. Very loud :)
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

ok i renamed the files but i still only hear a sound once the stupid shell explodes i still dont here the gun
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

When you renamed them did you make sure that you did so exactly as indicated? The file names are case sensitive, so if you have a "s" where there should be an "S" it won't work.

OTB
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

i copied each name right from your post using Ctrl + C
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

The two rocketlaunchersingleX.wav files should be rocketlauncherSingleX.wav

I totally forgot about that little hiccup in my previous post...

My bad :P
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

so wait should the file be named whats in front of the = or after the = in OTB's post??
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

The entry before the equal sign is what the files are named as they came w/the game. The entry behind the equal sign is what they should be renamed to.

OTB
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

mine still doesnt work either way (I'm bummed)
Our Host!