Invalid Page faults?

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Exodus
SDF!
SDF!

Invalid Page faults?

Post by Exodus »

does anyone know how i can tackle an invalid page fault?

it usually says " BOS caused an invalid page fault in MSS32.DLL ".. i hear thats miles sound system.. but i'll be damned if i knew what to f**king do >.>

ive re-installed and re-patched, and still doesnt work. anyone know how to counter this problem? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

When/where do you get the error? What are your specs? What have you done to try and rectify it?

Have you even tried changing the sound set up in the game options, updating your drivers? Or even searching the forum for miles sound system?

If you can't start the game try moving the files mssa3d2.m3d and mssa3d,m3d out of the miles folder.

If the crashing is happening during gameplay try changing the options to 'no 3d sound'

If that doesn't help run the game from the command line and add -s to the end to disable the sound.

i.e. "C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\Bos.exe" -s
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Exodus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Exodus »

well, originally i never had the problem in the beginning.. o.0 then pretty much as soon as i got up to the robot chapters it started performing all these illegal operations and sellin crack >.>

what ive done is just uninstalled, re-installed, re-patched no luck, i switched to no 3D sound to see if that would help the problem but its a persistent bastard:|. it doesnt crash at a "specific" time just an inconvenient time like at the end of a mission on tough guy mode >.>

i dont use tactics on this computer i got my fallout series installed on an old computer which runs *GASP*... windows 98 :drunk:

ive searched high and low for information about it, google'd it and what not. damn near impossible to find a solution =/
Last edited by Exodus on Tue May 22, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I LOVE YOU REQUIEM

WELCOME HOME
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

It's a known problem that the late part of the game in tough guy is very unstable. http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32723

There's no real solution.

Hi Jetbaby, I've been back for a while, incognito. :)
Our Host!