More Fallout 3 concept art

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

How did it get there?
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

That picture, coupled with the epic music, makes me want to die.

Notice the glow coming from inside the vessel, where
Orcs are clearly forging weapons to carry out the will of Saruman.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I like the idea of having a vessel working as the base. Almost any bigger military or other vessel are designed for long periods of self-sufficient activity.

Plus those carriers are fucking HUGE (not as big as in the pic though), but lilterally those are big. One of those would pretty much be my second choice after vaults. Of course this means that the nuclear core is ok...

:flamed:
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
s_hole
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Mirror, Mirror

Post by s_hole »

"nucular vesls"

4too wrote:Why does the Image fail here and NMA for Firefox after 20 or so minutes?
site does not allow outside linking to it's images
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I have no patience to read this entire thread. Suffice to say this picture is absolutely awesome. That is to say WOULD be awesome, if it were not concept art for a Fallout game.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
ixg
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ixg »

Well I think it's been a consistent problem so far with all the concept art: it's too modern looking.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Someone need to invent a 50s Fallout setting photoshop filter.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

DaC-Sniper wrote:Someone need to invent a 50s Fallout setting photoshop filter.
linkles.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Splatterpope wrote:linkles.
sucks even more. :rofl:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Looks more like DC.

Would it be too far fetched to predict the game takes place entirely in and around DC?
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Fallout was not set in the post-apocalyptic 50's though? It was set in the post-apocalypse of a future 50's world? So I imagine they could easily have made a gigantic carrier, and they probably could have easily made a gigantic futuristic city.

As Rosh is so fond of pointing out, the cities you'll find in EC comics sci-fi tend to look even more futuristic and shiny than what you can make out through the destruction in those images?
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

SuperH wrote:Fallout was not set in the post-apocalyptic 50's though? It was set in the post-apocalypse of a future 50's world? So I imagine they could easily have made a gigantic carrier, and they probably could have easily made a gigantic futuristic city.

As Rosh is so fond of pointing out, the cities you'll find in EC comics sci-fi tend to look even more futuristic and shiny than what you can make out through the destruction in those images?
There's no art deco or googie architecture in sight on these concepts, while the Fallouts were full of the former and nodded towards the latter.

As for the carrier, it's a copy of the USS Oriskany, which was commissioned in 1950.

The city appears to be DC, yeh.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I'm guessing that maybe most of the game will be focused around DC... hmm, they could be doing a GTA thing, huge city to explore, some excursions out into the wasteland. Dunno.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I don't mind the art, But we seem to be getting these HUGE over-views when really, Fallout was more in the trash heap style. I'd like to see some more focused concept art, not some nuked out city-scape that I can look at deviant art for.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Washington DC = Imperial City? :illuminati:
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

Mr. Teatime wrote:I'm guessing that maybe most of the game will be focused around DC... hmm, they could be doing a GTA thing, huge city to explore, some excursions out into the wasteland. Dunno.
in a way, that sounds good. we allready know that we'll have to interact with a father figure throughout the game - at least now we know it won't have to happen through hakunin-style telepathy, dreams or voip, since he'll be right there in our own city.
this game is starting to sound like the sims, and hey, who doesn't like the sims, right?
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I could see a game working based around the ruins of one huge city. A lot of it wouldn't be populated, maybe a number of small villages scattered between the ruins.

However, that does take it in the direction of Oblivion, a bit. Presumably you'd be able to travel on foot to each location, crossing the map in a reasonable amount of time, and I can't see how random encounters would work in a city (each one would most likely be fixed, ala Oblivion's dungeons).

If they took inspiration from PS:T, with Sigil as the hub for other adventures, yeah, I could dig it.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

i'm actually not a fan of starting in cities. i thought bg2 and ps:t were very confusing for the first hour or so, and i actually uninstalled the latter very quickly the first time i tried it.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well, PS:T worked for me, but I guess with writing that standard it would work wherever it was set. But I enjoyed exploring Sigil, getting a feel for the place.

As for Fallout, I'm not sure how it would work when were used to being lone wonderers walking in to small settlements, beaten and bruised from the wastelands. I'm not sure if there'd be that global scale of apocalypse. Who knows. And the first piece of concept art wasn't a city, so I guess maybe DC will be like the big settlement in the game but not the only place to visit.

Kind of like the capital city in Oblivion. Hmm.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

yes, in a FO game, you've gotta have that grand scale, that desolate wasteland, that nuked out feeling. but the pics have looked very desolate, and that's a good thing. maybe they woke up one day and thought:
"heeeey... no trees, no bushes, no demon gates..."
"wtf! no graph1x!"
"well, we can put in some old buildings... and a couple of carriers..."
"okay, do that. i'm gonna go check out that new mod that makes obliveus play like tetris"
Our Host!