Pete Hines On 360Gamer

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Pete Hines On 360Gamer

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong>

<p><strong>Pete Hines</strong> spoke with <a href="http://360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=329" target="_self">360Gamer</a> about a bunch of stuff, including more non-speak about <em>Fallout 3</em>.</p><blockquote><em>We don&rsquo;t want to say that the combat works like this, or this is what
the interface will look like&hellip; we want to point and say &lsquo;there&rsquo; [points
at imaginary TV screen], that&rsquo;s what it looks like and it plays like
that. It&rsquo;s easier for us and it&rsquo;s easier for you. It&rsquo;s easier to
explain to someone when they can see the game being played.</em>

<em>
Even with Oblivion, it was the same thing &ndash; we prefer the showing rather than the telling.</em></blockquote><p>
</p><p><a href="http://360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=329" target="_self">360Gamer</a> also has "sources" which "know" when we're going to see <em>Fallout 3</em> stuff:</p><blockquote><p><em>Although Hines wouldn&rsquo;t be drawn on a date for the first public showing
of Fallout 3, one of our insider sources let slip that it was likely to
be during the new format E3 videogame tradeshow in July, if not before. </em></p></blockquote><p>So Pete...when can I expect my invite? ;-) </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: Pete Hines On 360Gamer

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Where else (other than politics) can someone get away with spouting this kind of inane bullshit?

So, Mr. GM exec. how big will the new Corvette's engine be?
We don't want to say that or not. We just want to say hey, that's it, that's what it looks like!

Excuse me waiter? What is in the sausage?
It's easier for us and for you, instead of explaining, to just eat it.

I'm not drinking Pete's fucking Kool-aid.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Re: Pete Hines On 360Gamer

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Honestly, what is so hard about explaining what the interface is like? Fallout fans are not mentally disabled. (for the most part) We do have the ability to visualize through words. Waiting till E3 is an obvious ploy to appeal to the teen market and in the process alienate the original fans. For Jesus' sake! We don't evn know if it will be primarily first or third person! They can tell us that, can't they? I mean the game has to be coming out this year and Bethesda has yet to give us a single freaking fact about the game!

It's an insult to the fans that they don't even communicate with the two largest fan-sites, and that the only discussion with the developers about Fallout 3 is in X-Box magazines!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

how scientific :coldhand:
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

I'm getting a vision..I see Bethes putting on a sandpaper condom and tossing out the lube.

Do we at least get bus fare if we smile?
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

No
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

It's an insult to the fans that they don't even communicate with the two largest fan-sites, and that the only discussion with the developers about Fallout 3 is in X-Box magazines!
What exactly would they gain by communicating with fallout fans? Goatse?
Tarnopol
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tarnopol »

Haris wrote: What exactly would they gain by communicating with fallout fans? Goatse?
If they would make a decent Fallout 3, I mean a real sequel, they could gain a fan community.
But under the current conditions, they would get what they deserve.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

If they would make a decent Fallout 3, I mean a real sequel, they could gain a fan community.
But under the current conditions, they would get what they deserve.
I am pretty sure they would get goatse and tubgirl eather way. If they would make a decent Fallout 3, a real sequel they still gain fan community no need to communicate with fans.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Why write a news post about this? It's ambiguous and without real content.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

vendetta wrote:Why write a news post about this? It's ambiguous and without real content.
qfe

I have read the same newspost about 300 times.

Rosh will come in soon to talk about his sources and how we're doomed. It will go on for 30 pages, there will be some new posters coming around to say "Hope for the best and it will all work out!"
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

Can you stop with the Bullshit amplifier/detector/whatever ???

Nobody finds it interesting/funny/amusing or even interesting(twice) any more (If ever...)

As to the article itself...Well nothing to see here,move along...
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

I don't want Rosh and I don't want sleazy optimism. I want facts. I'm really tired of these pussies beating around the bush and I am tired about reading the some old shit for over a year. Bleh...

Facts.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Bloodlust wrote:Can you stop with the Bullshit amplifier/detector/whatever ???

Nobody finds it interesting/funny/amusing or even interesting(twice) any more (If ever...)

As to the article itself...Well nothing to see here,move along...
Let me guess, your parents don't love you.
I don't mind the news meter. It's not effecting any of us in any way so take your depression meds and calm down.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Eh, at this point I would be surprised if it was not Oblivion with Gunsâ„¢
:lalala:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

First,fortunatelly enough for myself and my personallity,I stoped living with my parents at the age of seventeen and a half (which was more than 5 years ago) ,went to University as a computer engineer and have to work to support myself.Which means that I am hardened enough to ignore the existance of 30-yr old living-with-teh-daddy fags like you trying to prove themselves through teh magick of tah INTRAWEB.

Second,I am bored and annoyed for the constant and same ( In content) news updates where it's always the same thing.Nothing,no new information.Only just Pete or Todd saying they can't talk about the gaem iteself L0LL!111 in a random interview.
Posting news just for the sake of posting news because,well,there nothing else to post about doesn't get to me.

Third,About the bullshit amplifier,it get's boring to see the very same thing in every news post for the last three months.

Now,please go and fuck yourself :drunk:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Jesus Christ man calm the fuck down holy shit. Both of you. Let's get back to this lovely 9567363th topic about Bethesda and there bullshit, shall we?

It's gonna suck folks, 90% sure. I am sure they will add a few little tidbits to 'look' like they are appealing the hardcore Fallout fans like us, but overall we won't be impressed, I'm sure.

That being said, I will look for anyway I can to try to enjoy it as a GAME itself.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Unlike some people I don't have to describe my life to some other people on the internet to prove my worth in life..
I'm very proud of you though. It's not easy to be out on your own. It's a big world.

I'm just messin withyou. I'm actually about a decade under thirty... but since death is a big goal of mine, I take your age guess as a compliment.

I am also not happy with the posting of redundant news but this is a Fallout site. One of the only in existence, so usually when you visit this site you will run into Fallout news that ranges widely in importance. If you don't want to be bothered by it, then don't concern yourself with it.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Bloodlust wrote:Can you stop with the Bullshit amplifier/detector/whatever ???
no
Our Host!