The Wall of Missing Members

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Blargh nailed it. Pretty spot on for someone constructed of deliquescent miasma. :drunk:

Still, Obama is much better off for America than someone like Bush, who tanked the economy, or Mitt, who would be forced by the tea baggers to do things their way. Can't wait to see the 2016 elections. Much entertainment to come! I predict an easy Republican victory if Obama can't pull off any major positive changes in his second term.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Speaking of choices and consequences I saw this in response to Obsidian speaking about choices and consequences and a branching plot for their new RPG.
I'm one of the persons who would not believe video games can accommodate many type of stories. If there are one single formula to fit everyone's bills, there should have only one novel in the world. A good story needs to be fixed to build up strong premise, the more branches you give a story, the weaker its foundation. I think story and options are counterproductive to each other.

Not that they can't co-exist, but by the time you managed to satisfy 100% of your backers, you're probably pretty close to your tombstone.
And this was completely serious. I don't even know how to respond to something like this. It is like they've never even played a role-playing game before.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Sad. Also it's not so much about branching, but writing.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Stalagmite wrote:Blargh nailed it. Pretty spot on for someone constructed of deliquescent miasma. :drunk:

Still, Obama is much better off for America than someone like Bush, who tanked the economy, or Mitt, who would be forced by the tea baggers to do things their way. Can't wait to see the 2016 elections. Much entertainment to come! I predict an easy Republican victory if Obama can't pull off any major positive changes in his second term.
Ha. Tell that to any small business. Because of Obama and his shit with Obamacare monopolizing student loans we are closing in May. Over 100 people are losing their jobs and a couple thousand others will be screwed. A major hospital I'm connected to that has been around for a century just closed because of this. Even Yale is moving more of their shit out of state. They are pretty much the last thing holding New Haven together. And more will follow. My state of Connecticut is emptying out faster than ever before. This state LOVES Obama and the Democrats, too. Because I work in an administration position I had a couple years notice. But for people who don't deal with accountants and hundreds of people on a daily basis have no idea what is coming. Students, part time workers, welfare recipients will be hurt most of all as a direct result of the current administration. But hey, you voted for him and elections have consequences.

Anybody who says we're better off with Obama is too young to really understand what they're talking about and what's going on. Move out, get a job, start a career, work your way up, then come back to me and see if your opinions are the same. This administration has pissed away more money than every previous president combined. That includes Bush. We're in more wars than ever before, have troops active in a record 75 countries now, and have spent 3 times as much in Afghanistan in the last 4 years than we did the previous 8. Welfare and foodstamps is our #1 expenditure for the first time ever. Half the states are bankrupt. Businesses and people with money are leaving. If you're a student you are fucked so hard it will make you shit blood. Even if you have any sort of skills in the labor force you are screwed. Forget about starting a new business or getting healthcare or a loan to buy a house. Or a loan for anything for that matter. And none of this has anything to do with Bush.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

ONE OF US UNE OS FO ENF OO SU

Post by Blargh »

As an Ignorant Outsider, I ask : how would those things be any <strike>better</strike> different under Romney, as you see it ?

Just out of curiousity. :drunk:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

First, if Obamacare was repealed we would see the federal government getting out of the loan business. The housing crisis of 2008 was setup by the government through the Dodd-Frank bill. Basically, they forced banks to give out millions of loans to people with bad credit or get shut down through lawsuits. When the bubble burst they saw it as an opportunity to control all of them, especially student loans. So right now they are picking and choosing where students can go to school. They are trying to squash smaller private universities and giving away millions to state colleges. In short, the private controlled affordable universities are getting fucked while the next generation of students are being forced into a situation that will see them in debt for the rest of their lives. It's another huge bubble that will collapse the whole system worse than 2008. Why do you think they focused only on Obamacare in the first 2 years instead of jobs? Because it has NOTHING to do with healthcare. In fact, under Obamacare fewer people will have any sort of healthcare because more than half the population is under the poverty level. The whole thing is a lie.

It used to be (or should be without government scare tactics) if you go to a bank and ask for a loan for a house, for school, to start a business, whatever, they'd look at your credit history and either deny or issue it after a background check. Most people don't have $100,000 or whatever stashed under their bed. Now you go to a bank and they call up somebody in the federal government and a panel in DC makes the decision. They act under the agenda of the current administration and don't give a fuck about the individual. The Democrats' agenda is to grow their voter base of poor welfare recipients to a level where they can never lose power again.

The next thing that could have been handled by Romney is currency inflation that is happening right now. Everything is getting more expensive because of Quantitative Easing to keep paying for our massive yearly deficit. The latest one (QE3) has an unlimited amount of money it can print and inject into the economy. What this does is over-saturate the existing pool and cause all money to be worth slightly less. As a result things like food, rent, electric bills, fuel, have more than doubled in price in the last couple years. And it all ties back into the government monopolization of loans. The current interest rate is 0% to entice more people to take loans. Normally when loans are given out they have a small percentage you have to pay back. That percentage is then given back to the Treasury and they literally burn it to reduce the pool and keep the dollar value up. We're doing the exact opposite. And we are fast heading toward the same kind of hyper inflation that hit the Weimar Republic. Half the states will be hit overnight and the other half will be expected to carry them bringing the whole country to its knees sending us into another Great Depression. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, we are in a depression now. No recession has lasted this long without any recovery in US history.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Mad Max RW wrote:lolz
Can't wait for 2016, it's gonna be a blast.

Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I'm just glad I have an understanding of what's going on and have prepared for what's to come. I wonder who you will blame. Who gives a shit about 2016.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I stopped giving a shit when they couldn't count all the votes in Florida, faulty voting machines HAH! After that election all my faith in due process was gone. Having said that, I blame Bush jr. But I'm over it.

I've already prepared, living with nothing because when you have something that's just raising yourself to fall again. Locking my door every night in preperation for the worst and so I can live to wake up in the morning and go back out and get things I need like food and cigarettes. Whatever is out on the other side of that door is going to be there no matter what, so I sit living through the internet all day and assume that if I open it the worst that could happen is someone trying to kill me. At least that would be exciting.

I'd like to say I blame Jesus, for being so selfish and not allowing us to account for our sins. How cliche. Problem is we don't have enough martyrs these days, or the will to care about them.
Jim the Dinosaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jim the Dinosaur »

what the fuck is this shit I'm telling you if smiley were around he'd've set you all straight go make your own thread or something

where's redeye?
Like petals
Falling from a dying rose
So does my tears

-Smiley
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Here and there. Ret's a ghost, haven't seen much of him either.

Yonmanc would be a welcome sight, too, truth be told.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

SenisterDenister wrote:Yonmanc would be a welcome sight, too, truth be told.
Cow Cud is a twin.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Am I stupid for noticing CloudNineGT (sp?) is gone? WTF it's been a long lurk even for him.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I love Cloud :9 and jetbaby too :love:
Ptars
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ptars »

Where have all the women gone? This place is so :yawn:
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

Was I ever missed?....

Yea I doubt it too.. Hahahaaha
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Derailed much? Still, good posts MMRW.
does this work
Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian
Scarf-wearing n00b