Hacked Characters

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Pred_667
SDF!
SDF!

Hacked Characters

Post by Pred_667 »

I know I will get flamed for this, but I restarted FO2 with a super character (FALCHE2) I saved the game before I entered the temple and fought my way thru the whole thing until I got to the tribal I am supposed to fight. I was actually able to talk my way out of it. Do you have to have an edited character to do that? or if you just tag speech and charisma I guess. I may just try to talk my way out of everything in FO2 just for Sh*ts and g*ggles.

Laterz
Fight Rush Hour Traffic, Legalize Vehicular Weaponry
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

You need to have speech tagged.

You don't need to have a hacked char to get eveyrthing in the game either, you'll probably just bore yourself with that... Instead take a new mission, like onlyusing melle, unarmed, throwing, or no weapons...
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I agree with Red, a hacked character will quickly become boring- you will, however, need to run through the game a few times to experience all the possible quests, etc. if you do it the "right" way.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Going through Fallout2 with a negotiator character is actually quite fun, although don't use a super character. Just lower your charcters endurance and strength in favour of Charisma and Intelligence.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Going through with a hacked character is pretty boring, if only because you can find just about everything in several trips through the game.

Stainless is right, negotiators are great fun. And besides, seeing the non-combat path through things gets old much less quickly than frying the same old critter in one hit with the same old gauss rifle.
fuck
Red

Post by Red »

Actually you're wrong. There quite a bit of stuff not atainable with a uber char - well, unless you take drugs of course. And this also wouldn't be available to other chars.

As a note, lowering both charisma and intelligence will make you miss a lot of stuff - albeit with int 3 or less you'll get a whole different game :)
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I tried playing through with int 3...I kept dying in the gecko nuclear reactor.

How I've played through before:
Jack of all trades first time round
Sneaky thief type guy second
Unarmed guy third
Hacked charecter (only with 2 .44 magnums though...I was a cowboy loner type guy)

And now I'm going to try and play through as the talking type guy.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Red wrote:As a note, lowering both charisma and intelligence will make you miss a lot of stuff - albeit with int 3 or less you'll get a whole different game :)
I know. What I hate is that by the time you hit New Reno, you are only level 5-6, as opposed to 8-9 with a normal INT. There should have been some good quests for retards only. I did like talking to Torr in Klamath as a fool though. :)
fuck
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

Ya i really like to talk my way out, or let my teammates fight the way out for me :). And i have a question, If you give Myron the jet cure, does he become better than Lenny?
Richy
Regular
Regular

Post by Richy »

myron will never be better than lenny. lenny can heal you and your party, while Myron simply stands there yelling obcenities. sure, he can make you stims, but you need heaps of apples and stuff, which gets boring.

Post by Red »

Wrong, Myron gets pretty good with a laser once you level him up a few. And to me he's a great source of super-stims.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

How the **** are you in New Reno with a char with level 5???

What's your order in playing the towns? Klamath, Den, Reno?!?!

I'm always above 10 when I get even near Reno.

I start the towns from the upper left corner... Klamath, Den, Modoc, VC, Gecko, Broken Hills, Reno( or NCR to complete all the VC quests), NCR, Vault 15, Sierra Army Depot after that a small trip to San Fran, there to Navarro, Old Military Base, back to San Fran, Navarro again (the slaughter run :twisted: ) and finally to Oil Rig.

The best char was level 6 when leaving Klamath, and the worst guy was level 3 or 4.... so how can you get to Reno with a level 5 char? Running there straight? Hacking :?: :?:
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I got to navarro with a level 12 guy once. Except I kept missing out redding, didn't do that reactor mission and missed out a lot of stuff.

I first completed the game with a level 22 guy. And I didn't take my npcs or use the sentry guns, just the soldiers and me.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

yeap... talking is my favorite part of the game...

actually, it is very fun to do talky smart computer shit, like getting whats-his-face's spleen from that shi guy. you can say it tastes good with favabeans, lol
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Warlord wrote:How the **** are you in New Reno with a char with level 5???

What's your order in playing the towns? Klamath, Den, Reno?!?!

I'm always above 10 when I get even near Reno.
I know. That is playing with a total moron with an INT of 1. Might be a little higher though, need to check again probably. Even though I am playing through FO1 right now, but it keeps crashing. Probably need to reinstall the damn game....

Actually, Strapon, what I do is go through with a Diplomat/Scientist character. You need to have the high INT anyway, might as well tag Science.
fuck
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I always play a negotiator char in every RPG, in my first game I mean. I usually finish Fallout2 when my char is just above level 25. I wander a lot in the map screen. My character is usually level 5 when I arrive to New Reno if I play an evil char. That's because I want to get to Sierra Army Depot before karma gets too much negative.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

What the hell is the science skill for?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Beef wrote:What the hell is the science skill for?
Hacking computers, getting the armor implants, curing the Redding Jet addiction, getting the best brain for Skynet, etc. Sure, you could have Myron do those things, but having Science tagged yourself frees up a slot for a bodyguard. I still leave Myron in the Broken Hills bar if I have plenty of Nuka-Cola and Fruit for Super Stims.
fuck
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Science skill is best of 'em non-combat skills cept speech, in my opinion.
Followed closely by lockpick, steal and doctor(implants) skills.
Our Host!