Fallout2 Creating a char - stats earned?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
pipboy2000br
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Fallout2 Creating a char - stats earned?

Post by pipboy2000br »

Ive played long ago and now I mean to start a new game playing for the first time with a female! =)
But before creating my char I need help because I dont remember all stats you can get during the adventure.
There are 4 chips I think... one for ST, one for CH, one for EN and last to PE, right?
there is the adv powerarmor with gives 4 ST
And there are others I dont remember... implants or something like.
Please, help me!
The original brazilian pipboy!
Broken Xeno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Broken Xeno »

http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php? ... lkthroughs

You can check in those and probably find just about anything you'd need for Fallout.
-Broken, Not Busted-
pipboy2000br
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by pipboy2000br »

Broken Xeno wrote:http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php? ... lkthroughs

You can check in those and probably find just about anything you'd need for Fallout.
I know... but I really dont like reading walkthroughs... Ive completed most quests without them. Im just not sure about what I used to know. Could you or anyone please simple tell me with stats you earn when adventuring?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

2 LK from huboligist in NCR,
4 ST from the super duper power armor,
1 each ST, PE, IN, CH from the memory modules

that's it if memory serves
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
pipboy2000br
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by pipboy2000br »

atoga wrote:2 LK from huboligist in NCR,
4 ST from the super duper power armor,
1 each ST, PE, IN, CH from the memory modules

that's it if memory serves
Hey, thanks! I think thats it too. Man, someone really should do a patch where power armor ST enhancement takes no effect on perk pre-req and may up stronger players ST to overcome 10.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Plus the temp +1 charisma bonus from having the cool shades in an active slot.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

:fonze:
HEY!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

that must be the worst Fonzie imitation I've ever seen/heard/read32
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

PsychoSniper wrote::fonze:
HEY!
Undoubtebly
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

remember to call your char buffy
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wouldn't the game be more interesting playing a character without maxed out stats?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Indeed.

I would have noted that before, but I was drunk at time of previous post.

Seriously man, ROLE PLAY it.

Pick a female and design her.

Do you want a small, weaker, but quick, chick to play ?

High agility, low strength, and small frame trait, preahps finnese as well ?

Design it something like this:

S 4
P 5
E 5
C 6
I 6
A 10*
L 5

*Extra point due to small frame perk

There ya go, just one type of female characther you could picl

Or if you want her to be a looker, then use two agility points for charisma, have both at 8
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

1. Google for "Nearly ultimate Fallout 2 Guide". It's a nearly ultimate Fallout 2 guide.
2. What stats you can gain is listed there, somewhere in the Character Creation section IIRC, so you get no quest spoilers.

[Edit]Oh what the fuck.
When allotting char points there are some things to keep in mind:
Strength: Extremely useful for... carrying stuff. Believe me, this is a game in which you'll want to carry stuff. You should start out with at least 5 (especially if you're taking Small Frame). However, since ST can be increased by 6 points during the game (perk +1, surgery +1, armour +4), I wouldn't recommend going any higher than that; even if you go for the full 10 it will mostly be noticeable in the beginning stages of the game (and a waste towards the end).
Perception: Good for ranged combat. A starting minimum of 5 is required for the Awareness perk, but there are quest benefits to setting it to 6 even for HtH characters. Can be increased by 2 points during the game (perk +1, surgery +1).
Endurance: Determines Hit Points and not much else. Again unless you like close combat a little too much I wouldn't put more than 4 (and anyway, two extra points to EN still only means some 30 extra HP by the end of the game). Can be increased by only 1 point during the game (perk +1).
Charisma: Useful for keeping your dialogue options open, though not nearly so important as Intelligence. Affects bartering both directly and indirectly. Your maximum number of followers is equal to your CH divided by two, rounded down. Even if you don't plan to keep any company you might want to set it to 2 so you can at least pick up NPCs temporarily for xp and such. Can be increased by 3 points during the game (perk +1, surgery +1, shades +1).
Intelligence: Unless you plan to rely on brute force for everything, this is likely your most important statistic since it rules conversation and determines extra skill points per level. 7 is a balanced value since it means you only need one Mentats for the few occasions where you need to go higher, though anything up to and including 9 is probably not too much. Can be increased by 3 points during the game (perk +1, surgery +1, weird brain alignment +1).
Agility: Determines your Action Points, so you don't want less than 6, and starting with anything up to 10 doesn't hurt. Can be increased by only 1 point during the game (perk +1).
Luck: As the effects of Luck are not so obvious, it's easy to perceive it as the trash stat of the system (much like Charisma usually is everywhere else). It does have an impact on your rate of critical hits, especially with the Sniper perk in place, but early in the game you won't suffer much from a low Luck score. It can be improved by 3 points during the game (perk +1, either a weird brain alignment +2 or another weird brain alignment +1).
Stats can never be effectively raised above 10. Of those stat rises mentioned above, the "weird alignment" which gives IN +1 and LK +1 and the other which gives LK +2 are mutually exclusive. Also evil characters will normally lose out on the "surgery" IN +1 bonus.
Serious Business.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

PsychoSniper wrote:Indeed.

I would have noted that before, but I was drunk at time of previous post.

Seriously man, ROLE PLAY it.

Pick a female and design her.

Do you want a small, weaker, but quick, chick to play ?

High agility, low strength, and small frame trait, preahps finnese as well ?
Role Play FTW. Remember that you're making a woman, so she needs to be much weaker and inferior in every aspect to her male counterpart.

Stat distibution should be something like:
Luck 10
Cha 10
End 7
Int 3

Allocate rest as you wish.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

you're a good man, frater, that post alone just made up for all your previous months of posting rubbish. :salute:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Remember that you're making a woman, so she needs to be much weaker and inferior in every aspect to her male counterpart.
Why bother with stats, she'll just be in the weed the whole adventure.
Our Host!