Glittering Gems of Hatred Part 3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Glittering Gems of Hatred Part 3

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Article ]</strong>

<p><strong>Kharn</strong> has published the <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=34772" target="_self">third</a> and final part of his article "Glittering Gems of Hatred." Here's the word form <strong>Kharn</strong>:</p><blockquote><p><em>After some delay, <a target="_self" href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php? ... 2">here</a> is the (fairly short) third part of NMA's Glittering Gems of Hatred article. A few notes:

There's a text-info box in this part defining what the article means by
"Fallout fans". This was written in response to just criticism that the
article left this unnecessarily vague. It will be moved to part 1
(where it belongs) later on, but is added here now.

In response to the article, the word "manifesto" was dropped by both
supporters and detractors. This is nonsense. It is not intended to be
and obviously isn't a manifesto. The article serves two basic purposes:
encouraging a wider audience to reconsider their opinion of the
hardcore Fallout fans and urging Bethesda to foster a healthy,
BIS-esque relationship with the fanbase.

Finally, I (the author, <span>Kharn</span>) would like to thank everyone for the interest, comments and criticism, but for the actual proof-reading would like to thank <span>Briosafreak </span>and <span>per</span>, <span>Sander</span> for suggestions, spelling notes and helping with the final design and, most of all, the article's chief editor, <span>welsh</span>,
for spending hours meticulously picking out superfluous language,
though I secretly suspect he spent half that time thinking up creative
ways of calling my writing terrible.</em>
</p></blockquote><p>Check out the article <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=34772" target="_self">here</a>. </p><p>Thanks to <strong>jiujitsu</strong> for the heads up.
</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

There was a second part?
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I love you Jesus
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Jesus would be nothing without a search button.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Or the ability to look down about ten posts or so.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

You can't blame the man for capitalizing on my laziness.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

We can blame YOU, though.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

:sadblinky:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Stainless wrote:I love you Jesus
:hug:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Broken Xeno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Broken Xeno »

I enjoyed all three parts quite a bit. I actually stumbled across NMA and DAC in a google search, looking for fallout images for a completely different forum, and pleasantly so! I've been playing Fallout since the first one came out, and it's nice to find other groups that share a lot of the same views I do in regards to cRPG's and Fallout in general.

Anyway, great read, Kharn!
Last edited by Broken Xeno on Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Broken, Not Busted-
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Broken Xeno wrote:I enjoyed all three parts quite a bit. I actually stumbled across NMA and DAC in a google search, looking for fallout images for a completely different forum, and pleasantly so! I've been playing Fallout since the first one game out, and it's nice to find other groups that share a lot of the same views I do in regards to cRPG's and Fallout in general.

Anyway, great read, Kharn!
Keep the Faith.
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

I can't wait to see how this post finds its way into Glittering Gems of Hatred Part IV. Why is Emil posting now? Why the long absense? Is this some PR push for Oblivion Playstation 3?

Or maybe, (and I know I'm going out on a limb here) Emil hasn't posted in a while because:

a.) He's been busy, you know, working on Fallout 3.

b.) He decided to simply read the posts and not respond because, as much as he liked corresponding with all the cool Fallout fans, he really wasn't at liberty to say anything. And there's only so many ways you can say absolutely nothing creatively.

c.) He likes a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, and wanted to learn about his own nefarious involvement in the global Illuminati.

So I guess I'll take this opportunity to say -- hey guys! Still reading (everything). Can't promise I'll be a continuing presence until I'm at liberty to actually say something about the game, but information is coming (and probably sooner than you think).

So until then, keep guessing, hypothesizing, loving, hating, and -- of course -- posting.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I figured we scared you off by now actually, all the same, I guess it's good to see that someone over at beth reads our grumblings?
Broken Xeno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Broken Xeno »

Yeah, definitely! And hi, coincidentally, lol. It is nice to see someone working on the game who is interested in what the fans are posting about.
-Broken, Not Busted-
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:I can't wait to see how this post finds its way into Glittering Gems of Hatred Part IV. Why is Emil posting now? Why the long absense? Is this some PR push for Oblivion Playstation 3?

Pardon me for bristling, but you're confusing Glittering Gems, a publication by NMA (of which there will be no 4th part, I already made my point), with "Don't Buy the Hype" a viral piece that has no official site of origin.

I am annoyed by the implication of the articles containing something they don't. ANNOYED :drunk:

PS: general rumours hold info as coming in March. Sooner than we think would be a two-week deadline :?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by MrSmileyFaceDude »

Come on Kharn, everyone knows that you & Bradylama are alter-egos. The only thing we don't know is, which one has the goatee?
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

MrSmileyFaceDude wrote:Come on Kharn, everyone knows that you & Bradylama are alter-egos. The only thing we don't know is, which one has the goatee?
Yeah, we're identical twins.

I'm the handsome one.

PS: my copy of the March 2006 tech demo of Fallout 3 got lost in the mail. Would you be so kind to send it over again?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I don't suppose anyone at Bethesda could give us an idea when we will get some cold, hard information? I think people are getting more paranoid by the day, with so little information known and it being so easy to speculate (and, I'd include myself in that category). A date, or even a month, which we know we'll get something real to look at, would probably calm the hysteria. At the moment, as you can probably see, most of us are extrapolating from our worst nightmares for the game (and I'm reasonably sure that the game won't have a thong-wearing hooker on the front of the box at least, so that's one fear that could be calmed).
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

They won't show anything until most of the game is finalized in order to not promises things they in the end won't be able to accomplish. That's pretty simple and that's why we all hate politicians; they do the opposite.
Our Host!