FOT just discovered and its great...

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Julius_Sneezer
SDF!
SDF!

FOT just discovered and its great...

Post by Julius_Sneezer »

I never tried Fallout 1 ,2 or FOT BOS until recently. I was missing alot.
I loved Xcom games and was always looking for similar. Ufo After games
Aftermath, Aftershock and the last one in particular;UFO Afterlight was really good.

The majority of people don't seem to like Xcom, FOT type of games, because it's too slow and long. The sales of these games were not great, but the gameplay is!!!!

After trying FOT BOS now, I think too bad somebody didn't use this graphic engine to make a Xcom mod or a new Xcom game. It's crying out !!!!
somebody use this engine to make Xcom 4!!!! I'm going to try to learn about modding FOT and try it myself, " if I have time "

The graphics for FOT are quite detailed for 2D the last of the 2D games before polygon based. Only now is polygon catching up in detail.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Glad you liked it. I believe alot of people are fan of the xcom games (before aftermath anyway). I didn't like the UFO After games very much, I always had issues with resources, etc and I really couldn't be bothered with sorting through it. What I did play of it though, I liked.
SoldiersOfHope
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SoldiersOfHope »

True...... I mean everyone said the game was horrible and was it? NO. Sure it was dissapointing but it was still a pretty ok game on its own. I managed to beat the whole thing.... With one player....
Julius_Sneezer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Julius_Sneezer »

The artists who did all of the highly detailed and realistic isometric art should have won an award!!! How did they do it? What process did they use? Did they simply use paint programs like MS PAINT or photoshop with actual photos? Or did they create 3D polygon models then photographed that?

I want to mod the graphics, I'm going to try to contact the artists behind FOT.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

what the fuck are any of you talking about

julius, i am glad that you are enjoying fot, i think its a pretty good game in its own right

i think that to gain the best possible look, the characters and things were actually modeled in 3d, and then the in-game sprites you see are recordings of them at the necessary angles
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

johnnygothisgun wrote:what the fuck are any of you talking about
I think the X-Com games were named something different in the UK or something?
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

nevermind. i was referring to psychosnipers comments, which a moderator has judiciously removed. they were pretty standard psychosniper fare

julius, im pretty sure there are a few mods for tactics that you can get involved with, if youre so inclined. the duck and cover mod scene appears rather dead, however
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I think the X-Com games were named something different in the UK or something?
The original was named UFO: Enemy Unknown. :euro fags:
Our Host!