The Doctor from Vault 8

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Sanctuary
SDF!
SDF!

The Doctor from Vault 8

Post by Sanctuary »

Why the Doctor (then one inside the vault) from VC ask you to bring him Jet ? For personal use or for research ?
Sanctuary » maya modeler
http://www.sanctuary.ro (temp closed)
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I can't remember very well, as i've not played for a long time, but some of the things you could do: Bring him jet, don't ask questions, get a reward? Bring him jet, threaten to reveal him as an addict, get a steady(?) income(?)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's not just some lil' Jet delivery quest... It's allso part of a big scheme: To reveal how Jet addiction can be cured.

He needs the jet for the study - and study only! If you reveal doc's attempts to smuggle Jet to VC you'll get negative karma and you won't see him ever again.

So do the good thing - give him the jet, talk with myron and find out that there is a cure. Good ol' doc will mix some happy antidote powder for ye...
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Or you can just wait, and he'll eventually think out a cure for it himself. Take it to Doc Johnson in Redding if you want to get the following ending:

1:After Doc Johnson helped treat the miners during the Great Jet Scare, the Citizens of Vault City voted Doc Johnson into the Mayor's seat.
2:Under the Doctor's patient hand, Redding forged closer ties with Vault City until, some years later, Vault City annexed Redding, granting Vault City Citizenship to only 10 percent of Redding's population.

Asides from the fact that you cure the poor people from the jet addiction, it's not a very good idea...
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

--- BUT! If you allso give the mining chip to that bitch over at the Kokoweeb Mines, NCR will take over Redding :D So it's good, eh?
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roving_Rabid_Raider »

Once, after I finished the game, I went back to that doctor in VC, just after my character see the doctor, the game go into battle mode and the doctor went crazy and run away from me. Though, I had Marcus beside me while I went into the vault.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Did you kill anyone in VC?
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

That doesn't matter... VCs tend to get a bit hostile on the sight of mutants and ghouls... (Marcus and Lenny) Dr. Troy included...
Fallout Forever!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Well he would probably have to kill someone to get a mutant into the city. :roll:
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

Well, yes... If he didn't just run like hell, then... Don't think it would make any difference, though...
Fallout Forever!
Condie
Gestapo
Gestapo

Post by Condie »

I thought that they removed the "Dr Troy-Jet" quest in the last patch that was released.

The only way to get the antidote was to get Myron to tell you about it (Endorphin Blockers, I think, although I can't be sure), and then you go to Dr Troy and tell him about it.
________
Mazda b platform picture
Last edited by Condie on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Hmmm

Post by Gehenna »

I never cured anyone of their jet addiction. Piss on them and their little personal problems. I am the chosen one, not Nancy Reagan.

And at one point, I killed EVERYBODY in VC. It was very satisfying. I even killed that little janitor bastard in the vault.

Come to think of it, I believe that game was my world depopulation tour. I don't believe I killed EVERY NPC in the game, but damn if I was close.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Now, go and kill EVERYONE in FO2... I mean everything that comes by, even your followers, arroyo, everything!!! Kill every random encounter, kill every special encounter, kill everything between

(*I hope we'll get rid of him for a while*)

Heheh, it's like farting and telling someone to catch it and paint red :twisted:
Our Host!