Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

It just sounds like VD is travelling around the world like a secret agent, and killing of key anti-canoneers and Beth-Pr spreaders, while lecturing us on our worthlessness during his short breaks ( in between sleeping with busty blondes ). I don't see a more reasonable option than having a site dedicated to ze Truth about Fallout, even if it is as fruitless as any of the other options.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

St. Toxic wrote:My mother says I'm very articulate and am be making a huge difference with the words I write. :sadblinky:
You have a great style, so she's probably right. Now put it to good use.
What is your goddamn suggestion anyway? I mean, I'm pretty much beyond the point of caring.
Then why do you care about my points and suggestions? When you start caring again, you'll know what to do without me giving you suggestions.
And what is it you do?
Why the sudden interest? I'm an RPG Codex guy; if Beth manages to make a decent RPG, I'm happy. I'm not the one who promises that there will be hell to pay, YES HELL TO PAY!!!! if Fallout 3 is not as Fallout-y as it oughta be.

Besides, the Codex is still blacklisted and censored by Beth, last time I checked.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Look lets cut the bullshit, do any of you have any news that hasn't already been assumed by the community(RT, FP/3rdperson) or can you get a quote from a developer to confirm our assumptions?

I fail to see why you guys will suck the developers cock to get information but not share it. I think it's selfish and that you guys are just little fuckin 3 year olds who can't wait to see what they got for x-mas so are digging into your moms closet to see what you got. You aren't trying to get info for the community your trying to get the info for yourself because you feel better when your fill the mysterious hole in your ass with information.

Seriously, post the quotes or GET THE FUCK OUT! Your nothing but fucking teases who got lost on their way to journalism school(VD, Brios, Kharn, Rosh).
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Huh? Dude, I don't have no inside scoop. I've mailed developers, sure, but got the same run-around as the average joe who mails them, just the standard formulaic "we can't talk about that yet" responses as you would get if you mailed Pete.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

I say we all spam petes inbox with goatse
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Kharn wrote:Huh? Dude, I don't have no inside scoop. I've mailed developers, sure, but got the same run-around as the average joe who mails them, just the standard formulaic "we can't talk about that yet" responses as you would get if you mailed Pete.
Ya well fuck you anyways you buttface. :ANGER:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
Kharn wrote:Huh? Dude, I don't have no inside scoop. I've mailed developers, sure, but got the same run-around as the average joe who mails them, just the standard formulaic "we can't talk about that yet" responses as you would get if you mailed Pete.
Ya well fuck you anyways you buttface. :ANGER:
Gotcha.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:...do any of you have any news that hasn't already been assumed by the community...
When people tell the community news that haven't already been assumed, the community laughs at them. Must be the local customs.
Seriously, post the quotes or GET THE FUCK OUT!...
...from your internet?
Your nothing but fucking teases who got lost on their way to journalism school(VD, Brios, Kharn, Rosh).
I'm not teasing anyone, poops, old boy. I didn't troll these fine boards claiming that I know something you don't. I said that I talked to Beth developers in a NMA conversation. Teatime made a newspost about it, stating that he heard the same thing. Then I mentioned it again a few days ago when you guys were having fun taking shots at Rosh, which I thought was kinda ridiculous, but what do I know?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

VDweller wrote: When people tell the community news that haven't already been assumed, the community laughs at them. Must be the local customs.
How about some examples?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

It's Rosh.

Its like a rabid puppy.

You cant help but kick him.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Mad Max RW wrote:
VDweller wrote: When people tell the community news that haven't already been assumed, the community laughs at them. Must be the local customs.
How about some examples?
Didn't I post them before?

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... p?p=310955
Plus the two threads were Rosh was laughed at.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

VDweller wrote:http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... p?p=310955
Plus the two threads were Rosh was laughed at.
Uhm, VD;
Those aren't rumours that haven't already been assumed.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Shit that was in late July of 2006 that almost predates the first information we got about Bethesda getting the fallout license.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Kharn wrote:Those aren't rumours that haven't already been assumed.
Allow me to disagree with you, Kharn.

If you recall I made that post on NMA in response to:

"You know, you may think that I'm to optimistic but i have a feeling that Beth gonna make good sequel to fallout 2, I know it's just a feeling, but they are normal people, and if they would like to create PA FPS they would do it in another setting. 99.9% of Fallout community want to see fallout 3 which has TB combat Iso view etc. and these people are the main money source from fallout 3 for bethesda. Falout 3 is being created for us, so I don't think Beth gonna make somekind of FP piece of shit after seeing our reactions to this possibility."

Then I asked Sander to "Give me a single reason why Beth might want to make an isometric, TB Fallout." He replied with "Because that's what the established market would want."

But that's NMA. I'm sure that DAC's crowd is way more cynical. Let's see.

Pooper, circa July 2006: "So basically they are debating between using turnbase or using realtime and feeling the wrath of the fallout community. The fact that they are still deciding on how to proceed is probably a good thing for us."

Teatime: "Actually, I tend to agree with POOPERSCOOPER, it seems to indicate to me that they're still trying to decide on the key elements. "

Kharn: "I don't think it indicates that, but I'll not deny that it's obviously one of the possibilities. "
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

VDweller wrote:Allow me to disagree with you, Kharn.
You say that as if you ever do anything else.

Looks like I'll have to conceed here. But in that case you'll have to concede that laughing reactions from DaC asides, the release of said rumours has apparently had the effect of making the understanding that we're facing a TB isometric Fallout game now possible. In other words, that rumours were not fed into a bottomless pit.

PS: did Poops just reply to your post before you made it? total twilight zone
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

drunk old soldier
giver her a fright
hes a crazy lion
hes a-howling
for a fight
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I like how VD digs the dirt on us when he gets threatened, anyways I journeyed into my past hoping to find something that will make VD look like a fool maybe but I didn't really find anything except some 6th sense stuff;

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 214#219214

"Anyways I still think MR. HOWARD is playing us for a fool. How many times do you hear developers go "FO1 is teh fuckin best man", thats something you mostly only see on the Fallout boards. People are usually like Fo1 and Fo2 are teh fuckin awesome. He looking over the forums and saying what we say.

No one can trick pooper, pooper senses this and he sees a war coming. I think they can make a good game but some of the answers just seem BS."

Feb 4, 2005

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 643#285643

"It's just hard to theorize that they will make something really good and different from the elder scrolls series, when all they've made are those games and maybe some barbie playhouse." Feb 15, 2006

That kinda helps, but not much. Anyways, I think that we all had skepticism from the beginning and Bethesda's silence has proven our worries not your striking charm for the devs.

From now on I give Megatron permission to take my place in discussion.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

VDweller wrote: You have a great style, so she's probably right. Now put it to good use.
Well, you don't. So close the gap, we'll both be on P. 1 and everyone can get a piece of happiness.
VDweller wrote: Then why do you care about my points and suggestions?
Because you're fucking Vince D. McWeller, the Interweb Highlander, the Forum-based Guru, the cross-eyed Zen master, the Confucius who flaps his mouth and says nothing. That goes beyond Fallout and/ or Bethesda man.
VDweller wrote:When you start caring again, you'll know what to do without me giving you suggestions.
Ah. Ancient Chinese wisdom; can only be fought with quotes from other important men.

"ACHHOO. I'm sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit." / Isaac Asimov
VDweller wrote:Why the sudden interest?
So it's actually the first time you've been asked that question? Bet it made you think long and hard before coming up with...
VDweller wrote:I'm an RPG Codex guy
Well I'll be darned. That does put you ahead, doesn't it?
VDweller wrote:if Beth manages to make a decent RPG, I'm happy.
Oh wait, so you're a neutral contender? I guess your claim to fame would be, I don't know, starting threads like these then? http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 60&start=0
VDweller wrote:I'm not the one who promises that there will be hell to pay, YES HELL TO PAY!!!! if Fallout 3 is not as Fallout-y as it oughta be.
Me neither. Most SDF's who're on the FO Canon track usually start out by saying something about assasinating Beth devs ( if push comes to shove ) to make themselves look cool. Beyond that it's probably a romantic perception that Fallout spin-offs kill the company in the end.
VDweller wrote:Besides, the Codex is still blacklisted and censored by Beth, last time I checked.
Well, you guys sure did tease them. Way to... eh... take one... uhm... for the team? :M
Vince wrote:I'm sure that DAC's crowd is way more cynical.
"DAC's crowd" is Pooper, Teatime and Kharn?

Mismatch wrote:Image
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

St. Toxic wrote:
VDweller wrote:When you start caring again, you'll know what to do without me giving you suggestions.
Ah. Ancient Chinese wisdom; can only be fought with quotes from other important men.
Come on. I really meant what I said. You all know what to do. Remember FOBOS? They had to shut down the fucking forums because no bullshit and hype could stop the spreading negativity. The Fallout fans were at every forum. It's called creating awareness in marketing speak. This reaction HAD TO BE recognized, acknowledged, and dealt with. FOBOS tanked hard because nobody wanted to buy this piece of crap after the Fallout fans were done with it.

So, why do you ask me for suggestions?

Mind you, I'm not saying go and trash the game. We don't know much about the design yet. It could be a pretty decent and enjoyable PA game after all, and *I* can live with that. The question is, can you (and other people here)?

If having a proper sequel is important to you guys, then get off your asses and go and demand the fucking answers. Don't ask Pete if he's ready to talk to you yet, ask him why the fuck the game is not turn-based and isometric. Instead of turning the rare developers visits into official DAC holidays, ask them about the game's fucking features. Talk to reviewers/previewers, ask them what they own expectations are, explain your points, create some fucking expectations for fuck's sakes. Don't have contacts? Establish them. And so on, and so on.
Oh wait, so you're a neutral contender?
Haven't decided yet.
I guess your claim to fame would be, I don't know, starting threads like these then? http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 60&start=0
?
Well, you guys sure did tease them. Way to... eh... take one... uhm... for the team? :M
It's not the point.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Remember FOBOS? They had to shut down the fucking forums because no bullshit and hype could stop the spreading negativity. The Fallout fans were at every forum. It's called creating awareness in marketing speak. This reaction HAD TO BE recognized, acknowledged, and dealt with. FOBOS tanked hard because nobody wanted to buy this piece of crap after the Fallout fans were done with it.
you were dealing with a very different set of circumstances. Interplay hadn't released a "good game" in a while. Oblivion's hype is still strong to this day and Bethsoft is pretty much untouchable. I'm not saying not to try. I'm just saying you're way behind the curve at this point.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Our Host!