Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Rumor Time: Fear the story? View next topic
View previous topic
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Editorial ] - More info on Game: Fallout 3

Just to poke the Fallout 3 rumor fire....

Rosh, a respected and oldtime member of the Fallout community, has posted the following in a thread on DAC:

[Oblivion with guns...] Mmm, add RT combat, a near Oblivion/Gothic style viewpoint, and some art that suggests they should have used the Fallout d20 art, and you're about right on.

Oh, and when you hear bits of the story, you're going to be wishing for Van Buren, and I tended to loathe the concept of that game for a reason.

Rumors like this have been floating around for a while now, but I wanted to bring it back to the front page because we might be seeing some stuff from Bethesda within a few weeks (if OXM actually reveals things).

Discuss!

Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uh, man... It's almost one month old.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and i dont want to sound overly optimistic, because i have very little faith in bethesda, but what does rosh know about the storyline?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

:ec_not_dc_comics:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2382 wrote:
Rumors like this have been floating around for a while now, but I wanted to bring it back to the front page because we might be seeing some stuff from Bethesda within a few weeks (if OXM actually reveals things).

If I heard correctly, OXM gets nothing but a broad-stroked picture. There's one more presentation in the pipeline for a major gaming website, and after that the game is announced in March, and the hype machine goes into full thrust.

If I heard correctly.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kharn wrote:
2382 wrote:

If I heard correctly, OXM gets nothing but a broad-stroked picture. There's one more presentation in the pipeline for a major gaming website, and after that the game is announced in March, and the hype machine goes into full thrust.

If I heard correctly.

Trying to make up for the buttfucking rosh gave you?
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but what does rosh know about the storyline?

He's always six moves ahead, you fool.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i dont even understand why this is newsworthy. its just a community member bitching and moaning about how bad the story is likely to be, as though hes an authority on the development of fallout 3. is he an authority on fallout 3? if not, why is this newsworthy?

if i make a comment in that thread saying, "the story in fallout 3 is probably going to be bad," will i get my own news post?
l84wrk
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any chance that this is delayed to April 1st and ends up being some really bad April Fool's Joke?

Sigh.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

johnnygothisgun wrote:
i dont even understand why this is newsworthy. its just a community member bitching and moaning about how bad the story is likely to be, as though hes an authority on the development of fallout 3. is he an authority on fallout 3? if not, why is this newsworthy?

if i make a comment in that thread saying, "the story in fallout 3 is probably going to be bad," will i get my own news post?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Bethesda contact informed me that the soil erosion effect in Fallout 3 will BLOW YOUR MIND!!
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:

you lack e-cred, so no
Dagon
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys did you saw this:
Quote:
http://www.ashleycheng.com/2007/01/fallout-revisited.html

i just spotted it on NMA, it's a blog of Bethesda's producer and the lates entry is about fallout series, which he claims to be his favourites. When i read this stuff I even started gbeing optimistic until I read this sentence:

Quote:
I prefer to pretend Fallout stopped after the 2nd game:)

it's just after he is telling about F:POS and Tictacs but it can also refer to Fallout 3 i don't know... anyway this guy seems to be quite intelligent
VDweller
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

johnnygothisgun wrote:

Rosh's opinion is based on some inside info he had access to. The rest depends on what you own position in regard to Fallout stories is. If you are flexible enough and think that FOT story (for example only) was pretty cool, then you may like Bethesda's story. If not...

From what I've heard through my own contacts, Rosh's right though. Not that anyone would expect a good story and setting's consistency from Bethesda after Oblivion, of course.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have lost interest, when this is true, and i think it is.

edit: also have lost interest in bioshock, now there is not much left.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how does rosh have "contacts"? i can't imagine rosh & anyone at bethsoft being bedfellows.

DaC-Sniper wrote:
I have lost interest, when this is true, and i think it is.

edit: also have lost interest in bioshock, now there is not much left.

suicide is the only solution, kid.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

atoga wrote:
how does rosh have "contacts"? i can't imagine rosh & anyone at bethsoft being bedfellows.

It's a large company and people do like to talk about what they do.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I get contacts and e-cred if I'm condescending and pretentious in every one of my posts?
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SuperH wrote:
Can I get contacts and e-cred if I'm condescending and pretentious in every one of my posts?

Apparently not. I've been condescending and pretentious in most posts I've made for *months* now, and I've yet to receive a *single* mail from a Bethesda dev telling me he thinks I'm really kewl because I hate Oblivion and here's all the details of Fallout 3.

I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe I should be even more pretentious and create i-hate-oblivion.com.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SuperH wrote:

Absofuckinglutely.

Kharn wrote:
Apparently not. I've been condescending and pretentious in most posts I've made for *months* now, and I've yet to receive a *single* mail from a Bethesda dev telling me he thinks I'm really kewl because I hate Oblivion and here's all the details of Fallout 3.

I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe I should be even more pretentious and create i-hate-oblivion.com.

I've never been contacted by Bethesda or any other company. I initiated all the contacts myself, trying to arrange interviews and such. That's how I interviewed Bioware, Obsidian (three developers, only two were posted), Gothic 3, Witcher, Drakensang, etc. I've talked to 7 people at BethSoft in 2006. 5 agreed to answer some questions. Even Kathode (although that was in 2005) agreed to talk about the Fallout games, but Pete killed the first three or four attempts, and then I stopped asking him and just talked to people who were willing to discuss different aspects of Oblivion and FO3. Only two people had something informative to say though.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic