Power Armor for realz yo

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Micmu
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Micmu »

So, if this armor really is so self contained, does it have a waste/liquid recycling unit?
The box. You opened it. We came.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Micmu wrote:So, if this armor really is so self contained, does it have a waste/liquid recycling unit?

Try READING THE FUCKING ARTICLE that's linked on page 1 fucker.

And nope, Im not feeling like being nice, so you can look it up yerself.
Keserian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Keserian »

Ya, I saw this on another forum, and I was mulling it over with some of the guys and we pretty much came to these conclusions:

First, this guy has a history of interesting inventions. I would take anything he says with a grain (or mountain) of salt. He claimed he had developed something called the "angel light." http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/webl ... ents/2296/
Not saying that this is false, just, take it with a grain of salt.

Second, the AC appears to only be for the helmet from what I gathered from the article. Anyone fancy wearing that much gear in places are the called "Purgatory" on nice days? (Iraq, Afghanistan) Psycho, you might be able to enlighten us.

Third, I wouldn't be surprised if the US Military is already looking at something similar to this in relation to this project here: http://bleex.me.berkeley.edu/bleex.htm That is researched through Berkeley and funded (I think) through DARPA. Not sure about the DARPA connection, but I think that's what I remember.

I could really see applications for this thing with EOD (Explosive Ordinance Detonation) teams who would love the added protection when a Mine Clearing Line Charge fails to detonate, and if the heat issues can be resolved, Marines in Iraq would probably fall head over heels trying to get a variation.

Looking at the helmet, it does beg the question, with the improvements in decreasing the size of laptops, and the longer power life of batteries, maybe it's time to revisit Land Warrior? Maybe not the huge attachments for the rifle, but something along the lines of a SCAR with a small snake camera attached to the barrel, linked to a monocle monitor inside the helmet. Mate that with all of the advanced communications gear that Land Warrior was meant to have. Then, put these guys in a Stryker unit. The Stryker already has a version of that for vehicles, so in theory you could have a unit commander inside of a Stryker command vehicle who knows exactly where each one of his soldiers is.
Yes, I like Fallout. Yes, I like Fallout 2. Even Brotherhood of Steel had its merits. I enjoyed Morrowind, and I play Oblivion. They are five separate games, so stop comparing them!
That's right, five separate games.

Unless you get the Fallout combo-pack.
Our Host!