Making the world a shitter place...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
tux
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by tux »

I also think that many of the nukes used would be tactical, thereby leaving little radiation behind, but who cares :roll:
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

I care, firstly lets considder the fallout universe. that they use vacuum tubes instead of transistors kinda makes you wonder if they'd have all these fancy tactical nuke affairs and not the nukes used in ww2.

I look for a degree of realism in a game. firstly, i dont want people being able to fly due to radiation. lets face it, that's way out there. I look for guns which reasonablely close to our modern day weapons using solid projectiles rather than lasers etc. Fallout had the right degree of realism for me. it was a conceiveable universe which with a stretch of the imagination could rightly exist.

Only if the wrights no longer have the stills and the other crime bosses are dead do you get a nice pleasant Reno. But where's the fun in that place?

Reno is meant to be the hive of scum and villany from the wastes... hospitals? wtf?
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Nukes are made to fuck up the target. At least in the 50's.

Fallout doesn't have to be realistic, it isn't very realistic when you think of it. But the gameworld and everything in it should make sense. The realism shouldn't be exaggerated. Sure, real world weapons belong to fallout, but so does some made up ones too.
Our Host!