Fallout 3 in Xbox Magazine

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QFE

he probably means 'quoted for emphasis', brazilian that he is. if not that, then it's gotta be 'quad fast ethernet'.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

all in all I think it's "Quick Fix Engineering"

BTW Atoga it just struck me both our avatars sit at the table (well mine is a counter but it doesn't show in this pic). Looks like two shots from a table-talk movie scene.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Oops. I meant to say "Quoted For Emphasis", one of the beautiful phrases people use to flame me. However, I'm using it to say your quote is cool, PiP. If that was engrish, so sorry.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Cthulhu wrote:Oops. I meant to say "Quoted For Emphasis", one of the beautiful phrases people use to flame me. However, I'm using it to say your quote is cool, PiP. If that was engrish, so sorry.

Engrish. :drunk:

I remember in 8th grade many students only pretended to learn a language- we would just figure out what words went in what place and mix it with english.

I got a "D" in Spanglish.

Japlish is maybe the best "lish" ever.

That stuff is just great.

wiki

PiP

Post by PiP »

Cthulhu wrote:Oops. I meant to say "Quoted For Emphasis", one of the beautiful phrases people use to flame me. However, I'm using it to say your quote is cool, PiP. If that was engrish, so sorry.
cool beans dude; I didn't know what 'qfe' is and I thought it's DAC-specific, so I asked for clarification. No need to apologise :drunk:
philowar
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by philowar »

atoga wrote:where are the whorehouses? where's the gratuitous swearing and violence? where are the monty python and star trek references? where's bettie page? where are the community and designer in-jokes? :gnasher:
Please, oh please God, don't let any of the afforementioned be in FO3. Let it suck if you must, but please none of that overblown pubescent shit that helped to make FO2 such a big turd compared to the piece of art that is the original.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

philowar wrote:
atoga wrote:where are the whorehouses? where's the gratuitous swearing and violence? where are the monty python and star trek references? where's bettie page? where are the community and designer in-jokes? :gnasher:
Please, oh please God, don't let any of the afforementioned be in FO3. Let it suck if you must, but please none of that overblown pubescent shit that helped to make FO2 such a big turd compared to the piece of art that is the original.
I gather you missed the sarcasm.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

or maybe you missed his sarcasm.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
XIT WOUND
SDF!
SDF!

Post by XIT WOUND »

What most of you should already know is that if the first real details about Fallout 3 come out and DAC isn't in the loop, most of you will have no one to blame but yourselves.

None of you know *any* concrete details that will be in game. None of you have seen any form of media (with the exception of the poster at E3) ie screenshot, gameplay, or even design art and yet 97% of you continually bash the game and say how shitty it will be. Even if Bethseda gave you exclusivity to all media before any one else, most of you would still shit on the game.

As for the FO community still packing punch, it could be true and maybe that's why you won't get anything from Bethseda because if they give you something you probably just going to give it bad word of mouth.
I don't have a clue what you're talking about, not a fucking clue.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

XIT WOUND wrote:What most of you should already know is that if the first real details about Fallout 3 come out and DAC isn't in the loop, most of you will have no one to blame but yourselves.
DAC has already demonstrated it won't be in the loop. Nor will any fan site. Priority will always go to bigger publications. Fact of life.
None of you know *any* concrete details that will be in game.
No one is attacking anything concrete in game. It's called musing. We're combining our experiences with Bethsoft products and our low expectations (lowered by said products) into projections into what might be...
None of you have seen any form of media (with the exception of the poster at E3) ie screenshot, gameplay, or even design art and yet 97% of you continually bash the game and say how shitty it will be.
We have seen BethSoft's track record and we mock it by extrapolating it to Fallout 3. Micro transactions, shallow world interaction, characters devoid of personality and buggy software. All hallmarks of a BethSoft production.
Even if Bethseda gave you exclusivity to all media before any one else, most of you would still shit on the game.
Doubtful, Teatime is a bit of a spineless hippie.
As for the FO community still packing punch, it could be true and maybe that's why you won't get anything from Bethseda because if they give you something you probably just going to give it bad word of mouth.
We're just a vocal minority. The bigger crowd might recognize the annoying micro transactions, bland/non existent story lines and repetitive gameplay but they'll quickly fall into step once the advertising dollars start pouring in or they feel like the fanboy backlash might be a little too heavy.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Killzig wrote:DAC has already demonstrated it won't be in the loop. Nor will any fan site. Priority will always go to bigger publications. Fact of life.
With extra priority points given for going along with the hype.

Exitwound, your criticism is ridiculous. DaC bears no responsibility to censor the opinions of its userbase and both DaC and NMA have not been bashing TES5...I mean Fallout one the frontpage.

Also, Bethesda is not going to blackmail any of us into liking the game by not giving us info because we think for ourselves. Don't be stupid.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
PiP

Post by PiP »

don't feed him :rolleyes:
Our Host!