Most frustrating mapping/modding moment

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Most frustrating mapping/modding moment

Post by Max-Violence »

In the spirit of the thread in the FOT forum, here's your place to vent your anger over goof-ups, bugs, crashes, etc., that happen to you/because of you whilst mapping.

My contribution, one I'm sure most of you can relate to: Staring at your computer screen for an hour straight, wondering why one of your triggers doesn't work, only to realize that you forgot to initialize a variable in the mission header...

Anyone else?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

In my quest for FO RPG weapons I had added the 10mm Pistol. Since 10mm is a custom ammo type I had to use BoSEE to tinker w/the entity once it had been set up. Since I also wanted to see how the Leather Jacket and other entities were working together I decided that I would playtest the first bunker and first mission of IOOI. So I fired up the game, recruited my squad, drew their equipment from the Assistant QM and distributed it. I then spent something like an hour fighting my way back to where a single Raider was equipped with a 10mm Pistol. As I neared it I had a great sense of anticipation, waiting to see how effective this Raider would be armed with his Colt 6520.

When I got there, what did he do? He came barrelling out of the nice, cozy bunker he was in and tried to beat my people down with the Lead Pipe he was also equipped with. Why? Because I had tampered with the damage for the weapon using the Entity Editor and hadn't reset it using BoSEE so the Ammo Type was set to "None" and it was basically a paperweight that had a barter value of $250...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

fucking with vehicles... didn't otb almost go bald with this one?
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Some tiles

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Actually I had one yesterday....

I was making this little carved-in cave on the side of a mountain and so was using the ROCK tileset. I made the walls from the grey walls that looks like they could double for a stone floor lying down (So it looked manmade) but when I wanted make the uppermost corner the tiles just wouldnt connect! Even though the tile animation didnt hit each other, the bounding box apparently did.... really anoying. First I thought it had something to do with the rst of the construction and started moving everything around.... well anyways, spent a good 45 mins and I didnt find a solution. :mad:

Pipes are anoying as well, first time I tried making a vertical pipe line it took me 30 mins to figure out how to make them connect properly!! Which really made me feel dumb..... :oops:
Our Host!