...with a slight chance of a missile exchange this afternoon

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

...with a slight chance of a missile exchange this afternoon

Post by ApTyp »

<strong>[ Film & TV -> Article ]</strong>

<p>A rocket carrying two experimental
satellites blazed across New Jersey early <a href="http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... 7985">this morning</a>, prompting a
few anxious calls to authorities.</p>
<p>
A few early rising New Jerseyans called state police to report
seeing a missile fly over the Garden State Parkway.</p>
<p>
What they really saw was the result of the first-ever rocket
launch from the mid-Atlantic region's commercial spaceport in
Atlantic, Virginia.</p>
<p>
The Minotaur One rocket's main payload is a satellite that will
test the military's ability to quickly transmit images of enemy
targets to battlefield commanders. A second satellite belongs to
N-A-S-A and carries an experiment to test the long-term effects of
space on living organisms.</p>
<p> </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.6abc.com">ABC6</a></p>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm no astrological physicists but if they were sending a rocket from virginia, why would it go up to new jersey to get to space? By the time it reached the new jersey area it should already by way up in the sky that no one could see? Gosh I'm such a critical thinker, always questioning everything.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

If the story was a cover-up, don't you think they would've called it swamp gas or a weather balloon, genius?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I'm no astrological physicists but if they were sending a rocket from virginia, why would it go up to new jersey to get to space? By the time it reached the new jersey area it should already by way up in the sky that no one could see? Gosh I'm such a critical thinker, always questioning everything.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I'm no astrological physicists but if they were sending a rocket from virginia, why would it go up to new jersey to get to space? By the time it reached the new jersey area it should already by way up in the sky that no one could see? Gosh I'm such a critical thinker, always questioning everything.
well, if it's headed into orbit, instead of deep space, wouldn't it fly off at an angle so it would 'catch', so to speak?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

We once had some rocket scientist lecture us at school and he told us that rocket science isn't even all that hard. Stuff like aerodynamics is meant to be properly more difficult.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Does it say Snake there? I almost feel honoured.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

MR Snake wrote:Does it say Snake there? I almost feel honoured.
SPACE

DUMKOPF
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:We once had some rocket scientist lecture us at school and he told us that rocket science isn't even all that hard. Stuff like aerodynamics is meant to be properly more difficult.
Rocket Science isn't Rocket Science.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

ApTyp wrote:If the story was a cover-up, don't you think they would've called it swamp gas or a weather balloon, genius?
I wasn't trying to put on a conspiracy theory I'm just questioning how the god damn thing works. If this is the first ever rocket satelite launch from Atlantic, Virginia and that rocket had to go all the way up to new jersey to get a window then how is it that no one has reported "zomg missles" if they were fired from other spaceports.

Perhaps I'm getting CONFUSED AGAIN but this sentence is a tricky son of a gun.

"What they really saw was the result of the first-ever rocket launch from the mid-Atlantic region's commercial spaceport in Atlantic, Virginia."

First rocket launch or first rocket launch from Atlantic Virginia?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

atlantis rediscovered. also, prelude to nuke exchange programme. hooray. green and grey glowing christmas.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Lenin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lenin »

new jersey sucks.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -rock.html

January 5, 2007�It looks like a shiny lump of fool's gold, and it certainly has authorities fooled as to just what it is.

This metallic rocklike object crashed through the roof of a New Jersey home on January 2, ripping through the ceiling and ricocheting off a tiled bathroom floor before lodging in a wall.

No one was hurt by the impact, but local detectives trying to identify the mysterious debris may have their professional egos a little bruised.

"I've never seen anything like it in my career," Lt. Robert Brightman of the Freehold Township Police Department told the Associated Press at a press conference yesterday.

Experts from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration have already inspected the 13-ounce (0.4 kilogram) lump and determined that it is not a stray airplane part.

Another test found that the object is not radioactive, although it does appear to be magnetic.

Some astronomers have speculated that that the object could be a meteorite, since the Quadrantid meteor shower occurs annually in early January.

But meteor showers typically involve small particles of icy rock, not big metal chunks, so if the mass is a meteorite, it's likely an unusual one.

Other theories have suggested that the lump is a tool lost by an astronaut or flotsam from an orbiting satellite that melted as it entered Earth's atmosphere.

Brightman said scientists are currently testing the object and hope to have results by the end of the week.
btw ur registration sucks too, I anser "George W Bush is an animal" and it gives me error
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Lenin wrote:bla bla sucks
Get out.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Hey, look guys, it's Joe Courtney ...uh...I mean...uhm...Lenin!
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Har har har

b& joo
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Lenin wrote:new jersey sucks.
ban lenin
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

thinking of new jersey, I haven't even been to Jersey

Is Jersey worth a trip?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Thor Kaufman wrote:thinking of new jersey, I haven't even been to Jersey

Is Jersey worth a trip?
Jersey is a racket.

The whole thing is just a maze designed to get you onto really expensive toll roads.

Their secondary industry is toxic waste storage.
Or maybe they manufacture it. There are huge tanks of it all over the place. Who the fuck buys toxic waste?

They call it "the Garden State".

Whenever I read that I think of Gamma World.

Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

You are forgetting Bada Bing, it can't be that bad.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Our Host!