Angry Cops in NCR

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
mooserider
SDF!
SDF!

Angry Cops in NCR

Post by mooserider »

I wandered into NCR with guns drawn. Now the cops are trying to kill me. I don't have a recent save that I can go back to (shame on me,) and don't want to start killing the authorities in NCR. Is there a way via some editor or trick to get the cops to stop drawing down on me when I enter the downtown area?

Thanks in advance.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

you're fucked. start a new game. use more save slots.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Re: Angry Cops in NCR

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

mooserider wrote:I [...] don't want to start killing the authorities in NCR.
Are you sure you just don't feel that way right now?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

just kill the gestapo, you dumb jew >:(
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

if that's is first time in NCR it might prove a lil tricky..
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

To my knowledge there is no way to make them friendly again ,(this teaches you to respect rules), short of reloading to a recent slot, there might be an editor ill search for one if u still have the problem
For now i have none...but i will soon....
mooserider
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mooserider »

Yep, still got the problem.
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

Ive searched around and i seem to find no town reputaion editors or anything similar to that...so my only answer is either brace urself to replay much of ur game or just never plan on going back to NCR
mooserider
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mooserider »

I've not had much of a chance to work this out yet, but I do notice that the only cop that is mad at me at FIRST is own the center street. I think I might be able to skirt around the fool.

Or I'll relent and go way back in save time.
"Wot!? No meat!?!" - Captain Sensible
beryllium
SDF!
SDF!

Post by beryllium »

Steelkage wrote:(this teaches you to respect rules)
About those cops, they are crazy. The fact is that I was walking the NCR street without any weapon or drugs or even any company of partners. I just walked, did nothing wrong, hurt nobody. And those bastards started shoting me no reason!

The most dissapointion thing about this is that I am playing Fallout in a "hard style" (rough combat, hard level of the game, using saves only if I am switching the game off), so if you are dead then you are dead and you are welcome to start playing from the begining and forget about your saves.

So, is ther any justice in NCR? Come on, you tell me!! :anger:
<a href="http://www.corso-don.ru">He is not dogmeet, he is different!</a>
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

beryllium wrote:
About those cops, they are crazy. The fact is that I was walking the NCR street without any weapon or drugs or even any company of partners. I just walked, did nothing wrong, hurt nobody. And those bastards started shoting me no reason!

The most dissapointion thing about this is that I am playing Fallout in a "hard style" (rough combat, hard level of the game, using saves only if I am switching the game off), so if you are dead then you are dead and you are welcome to start playing from the begining and forget about your saves.

Those evil computer generated cops! Have they no sence of morality?
Kill them all is what I say.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

beryllium wrote:

Maybe you did sumthing else to piss off NCR like mess with an ally of theirs...idk how deep the game gets into checking allied city releationships...but i mean if NCR is mad at you just go back there later and waste them (nice stress reliever) since NCR isnt really that important to advance the story plot...
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

beryllium wrote:

Did you remember to tell your party members to hide their weapons as well? I think in the unpatched version, this included Goris' claw, so you just had to leave him outside.
beryllium
SDF!
SDF!

Post by beryllium »

Did you remember to tell your party members to hide their weapons as well? I think in the unpatched version, this included Goris' claw, so you just had to leave him outside.
If you would read my post carefully, you would notice that there was no one with me. I was totally alone.. Just a peaceful wasteland citizen, hurting nobody, walking the streen, listening to a bird songs! And they shot my so without any mercy, those bastards :chainsaw: !! God, I hate them!! :anger:
Doggedmeat
Respected
Respected

Post by Doggedmeat »

I have no idea if this will work. Raise your sneak and steal skill up to max with an editor. Since it is only one cop, sneak up to him and plant a bunch of explosives on him and blow him up.
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

I was thinking that too as a solution but if one cop is mad at him doesnt that make them all hostile anyways?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

clear case of rodney king easter egg implant. hope f3 gets this feature too. :f3_shock_treatment:
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
beryllium
SDF!
SDF!

Post by beryllium »

vx trauma wrote:clear case of rodney king easter egg implant. hope f3 gets this feature too. :f3_shock_treatment:
What the hell is this rodney king easter egg? Never heard of it berfore!
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

beryllium wrote:
vx trauma wrote:clear case of rodney king easter egg implant. hope f3 gets this feature too. :f3_shock_treatment:
What the hell is this rodney king easter egg? Never heard of it berfore!
Yo
If you don't have RealVideo

More Fun
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

beryllium wrote:
If you would read my post carefully, you would notice that there was no one with me. I was totally alone.. Just a peaceful wasteland citizen, hurting nobody, walking the streen, listening to a bird songs! And they shot my so without any mercy, those bastards :chainsaw: !! God, I hate them!! :anger:
Maybe you should be the one chilling. God damn it, they're probably just having a bad day. Give 'em a break.
Our Host!