Interplay Attempts to Pimp DAC

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Haris wrote:Fine than i will claim that fallout is not crpg but a hack and slash dungeon game with couple of rpg ellements. And i will be as right as you are.
Ok, and why is that? What is hack and slash about the game considering you can go throughout the whole game without killing a single person.
You face it dumb fuck, Item crafting IS neccesarily a MMO feature.
So then City of Heroes and a buttload of other MMO's aren't MMO's because they lack the feature? According to your logic they aren't, but ANY RATIONAL INTELLIGENT person will tell you otherwise. So honestly, you're the dumb fuck here, dumb fuck.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

So then City of Heroes and a buttload of other MMO's aren't MMO's because they lack the feature? According to your logic they aren't, but ANY RATIONAL INTELLIGENT person will tell you otherwise. So honestly, you're the dumb fuck here, dumb fuck.
For a game to be called mmorpg it doesnt have to have all mmo features. Hack it doesnt even have to have chatt system but it is still one of typical mmorpg features. You can see it as rpgs are. Not all have leveling and not all have dialouges like fallout does. But they are still rpgs. Same as leveling is a rpg features in game, item crafting is mmorpg feature.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

So then by that logic, what makes it an MMO feature? Just because it's in MMO's doesn't mean it's an MMO feature by your line of thinking.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Yes that is my line of thinking and in this case item crafting by gathering resources and using your skills is a mmo feature. Its mostly used there and thats where it comes from and thats where it was invented first.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

That isn't an answer to the question. Remember what you said, just because some genre has something doesn't neccesarily make it something else. I.E. just because a game has leveling doesn't make it an RPG. So what makes it an MMO feature. Answer the question.

So you're saying that Item Crafting came from MMO's? Prove it.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Haris wrote:Yes that is my line of thinking and in this case item crafting by gathering resources and using your skills is a mmo feature. Its mostly used there and thats where it comes from and thats where it was invented first.
You, Sir, are an idiot.:)
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Oh my. Can we ban him now?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Dreadnought deserves it more. Better ban both to be sure
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I say we take off, ban them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

DaC-Sniper wrote:
Haris wrote: blablablabla... i think my brain is bigger than my dick
Comrades, NMA-Alarm

get in your vaults, take out the guns. :salute:
Pay attention, negro, Haris is purebred DaC. In fact, we banned him from NMA for breaking UN conventions on lowest level of intelligence allowed in a human being.
Wolfman wrote:This is an ironic statement.
And iconic
those kinda features are something that would never work in fallout
"Fallout doesn't work as an MMO" = "Fallout can't have item crafting"

Yes, I definitely see how your brain is wired. Tell me, how hard did you fall down the stairs as a baby?
Only cause Kharn pointed out that Wasteland merc sucked cause it had those features.
Don't worry, Haris, Wasteland merc would still suck without those features. It's just a shitty idea period.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Just because some game/thing/whatever is missing one feature doesn't mean it's not a thing that's usually defined by such a feature.

Just because City of Villains doesn't have irtem crafting doesn't mean it's not a MMO.

Just because Van Buren had Item crafting doesn't mean it's a MMO and automatically a impossibility to be a Fallout game.

Just because item crafting is a usual feature in MMO's (not always) doesn't mean everything with such a feature is a MMO, but it's still a feature used mostly in MMO's. So one can say that item crafting feature used in Van Buren would be a feature most commonly seen in MMO's and therefore an common-online-game feature.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Once again, please tell me what makes it an MMO feature. A feature is something that is a distinctive part that distinguishes it from other genres, so if Item crafting is a "Feature" of MMO's, then you can't have an MMO without it.
Last edited by Wolfman Walt on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

This is like discussing dialectic with a mute.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

In fact, we banned him from NMA for breaking UN conventions on lowest level of intelligence allowed in a human being.
You baned me from nma cause i had my own opinions instead of sucking up to Rosh and rest of the lamers at nma. Nma is prasing 100 times lamer mods than Wasteland merc is just cause creators where good little yes sayers.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

D:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Haris wrote:100 times lamer mod
Dude, you just gave me nightmares.

The thought of a mod lamer than Wasteland Merc is already horrifying, but 100 times? Holy shit, man, scary.

PS: do you type like a retard intentionally so you can be billed as a disabled person under local law? Just wondering.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I like it how Kharn and Rosh have nothing but insults to come with when someone puts the truth infront of them. :bored:

Why dont you go back to Nma Kharn and keep writing news about how great Mutant rising is going to be?
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Haris wrote:I like it how Kharn and Rosh have nothing but insults to come with when someone puts the truth infront of them. :bored:
Really? Then why haven't you explained yet how liking Van Buren is the same as liking a Fallout MMO, or showed how people really loved the idea of item crafting in Van Buren? Or, for that matter, adressed the fact that the whole bloody argument was about Fallout not working as an MMO (which you somehow turned into a discussion on armorcrafting).

Answer the question, man, gotta have that shit!
Haris wrote:Why dont you go back to Nma Kharn and keep writing news about how great Mutant rising is going to be?
:?

I'll say this, in its current status Mutant Rising will be a better mod than Wasteland Merc.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Well when someone puts the truth infront of you, you have nothing but retardation and the same argument that's already been destroyed about 30 TIMES IN THIS CONVERSATION ALONE.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Kharn wrote:
Haris wrote:I like it how Kharn and Rosh have nothing but insults to come with when someone puts the truth infront of them. :bored:
Really? Then why haven't you explained yet how liking Van Buren is the same as liking a Fallout MMO, or showed how people really loved the idea of item crafting in Van Buren? Or, for that matter, adressed the fact that the whole bloody argument was about Fallout not working as an MMO (which you somehow turned into a discussion on armorcrafting).

Answer the question, man, gotta have that shit!
I have explained it. Read the thread dumbass.
Our Host!