Interplay Attempts to Pimp DAC

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Haris wrote:Item crafting has nothing to do with mmorpgs? What rock have you been living under for the past 9 years?
just because item crafting is present in mmorpgs doesn't mean that item crafting is synonymous with mmorpgs, or at all related to the other elements in them. hence the fallacy? how fucking stupid are you to not follow my incredibly basic logic?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Haris wrote:
atoga wrote:
Haris wrote:I didnt say vb was going to be mmo i said it was going in that direction with crafting and using skills to craft items from resources gathered.
pretty fallacious thinking. this has nothing to do with mmorpgs at all. in fact, most of us have been silently wishing for this feature. clearly you know nothing.
Item crafting has nothing to do with mmorpgs?
No, it doesn't. What's the basis of your argument?
atoga wrote:
Haris wrote:Item crafting has nothing to do with mmorpgs? What rock have you been living under for the past 9 years?
just because item crafting is present in mmorpgs doesn't mean that item crafting is synonymous with mmorpgs, or at all related to the other elements in them. hence the fallacy? how fucking stupid are you to not follow my incredibly basic logic?
Vouch.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Item crafting only works in game if it is multiplayer. Otherwise its just simulation of mmorpg. Kinda what it could be like if you where able to play it with others.

If you would start playing games for once instead of spending all your time spaming and reading forums than you would realise that 99% of single player games dont have crafting and 100% of all mmorpgs do.

Its like saying just cause a game has cars and you race against other cars it doesnt mean its a racing game. Thats your logic anyway.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Haris wrote:Its like saying just cause a game has cars and you race against other cars it doesnt mean its a racing game. Thats your logic anyway.
racing cars is the very definition focus of a car racing game, so any game with racing cars, at least in part of it, can be defined as a racing game. however, an mmorpg would have to be called "an item crafting game" for the logic you use here to make any sense whatsoever. how is a game where you make items "just a simulation of an mmorpg"? this makes no sense whatsoever, and you have offered no evidence to back this up other than "most mmorpgs have this feature and single player games don't", which is not actually an argument.

fallout is a survivalist game full of junk scavengers and the like, and as has been argued many times, item crafting makes a lot of sense for the atmosphere and it works with the gameplay elements which already emphasize resource gathering. that is all. i see no necessary connection to mmorpgs there. the burden of proof is on you to prove that any game with item crafting is in some spirit an mmorpg.
Last edited by atoga on Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Why do you still argue with Haris? Clearly logic isn't something he possesses or understands.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i like shooting the ideas of little kids down, i guess. i can only pray that he half understands my post and that it causes some deep emotional damage or something.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

atoga wrote:i like shooting the ideas of little kids down, i guess. i can only pray that he half understands my post and that it causes some deep emotional damage or something.
very selfless and patriotic. :salute:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

atoga wrote:
Haris wrote:Its like saying just cause a game has cars and you race against other cars it doesnt mean its a racing game. Thats your logic anyway.
racing cars is the very definition focus of a car racing game, so any game with racing cars, at least in part of it, can be defined as a racing game. however, an mmorpg would have to be called "an item crafting game" for the logic you use here to make any sense whatsoever. how is a game where you make items "just a simulation of an mmorpg"? this makes no sense whatsoever, and you have offered no evidence to back this up other than "most mmorpgs have this feature and single player games don't", which is not actually an argument.

fallout is a survivalist game full of junk scavengers and the like, and as has been argued many times, item crafting makes a lot of sense for the atmosphere and it works with the gameplay elements which already emphasize resource gathering. that is all. i see no necessary connection to mmorpgs there. the burden of proof is on you to prove that any game with item crafting is in some spirit an mmorpg.
So wait all of a sudden you want mmorpg features implemented in to fallout? You see item crafting comes from Ultima online. First mmorpg ever made and has been copied ever since. And when someone makes single player game with crafting in it he automaticly copies ultima online playgame system wich is mmorpg.

Your arguments are as stupid as someone claming that fallout isnt rpg just cause it has skills and stats and all other posible rpg ellements. So we are suposed to call fallout "skill stats and dialouges game"? Thats your stupid logic anyway.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Haris wrote: blablablabla... i think my brain is bigger than my dick
Comrades, NMA-Alarm

get in your vaults, take out the guns. :salute:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

frissy wrote:Hell, I've never encountered a MMO where there wouldn't be resource gathering and some sort of crafting.
City of Heroes for one.

Edit: Also, did I miss another series of Haris retard posts?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Haris wrote:
atoga wrote:

So wait all of a sudden you want mmorpg features implemented in to fallout? You see item crafting comes from Ultima online. First mmorpg ever made and has been copied ever since. And when someone makes single player game with crafting in it he automaticly copies ultima online playgame system wich is mmorpg.

Your arguments are as stupid as someone claming that fallout isnt rpg just cause it has skills and stats and all other posible rpg ellements. So we are suposed to call fallout "skill stats and dialouges game"? Thats your stupid logic anyway.
What you don't understand is that atoga is saying item crafting isn't an MMO genre-defining features.

It could easily be implemented in singleplayer games without turning it into an MMO game. Actually the only feature for an MMO game that defines the genre to be MMO... is to be massively multiplayer and online?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:did I miss another series of Haris retard posts?
Totally.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

This thread really just proves that nma and dac only has bounch of flamers left in the comunity and that all real fallout fans that still actually play games left long time ago.

Would be kinda fine if all of you dumbasses where any good at flaming but this is starting to get pathetic and old. You got nothing good to come with. Your bashing of fallout mmorpg just turned in to prasing it as soon as someone pointed out that van buren had mmorpg feature in it.

This just shows that all games and mods you flamed so far has had close to no reason to be flamed for, except the actuall flaming.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Haris wrote:someone pointed out that van buren had mmorpg feature in it.
:rofl:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

This thread really just proves that nma and dac only has bounch of flamers left in the comunity and that all real fallout fans that still actually play games left long time ago.
So.....are you implying we no longer play Fallout or something?

Also, since you're still technically in the community, does this mean you're not a "Real fallout fan"?
Would be kinda fine if all of you dumbasses where any good at flaming
This is an ironic statement.

Your bashing of fallout mmorpg just turned in to prasing it as soon as someone pointed out that van buren had mmorpg feature in it.
Listen retard, and pay special attention as I'll make it as clear as possible. Just because Van Buren had Item Crafting doesn't mean that it had an MMO feature. There are plenty of games that AREN'T MMO's that have item crafting and there are plenty of MMO's that are WITHOUT item crafting. THE TWO ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT A MMO FEATURE. IT JUST MEANS THAT IT HAS ITEM CRAFTING.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Wolfman Walt its not about if that is mmorpg feature or not (even thoe i think it is), the thing is alot of dumbasses including rosh and kharn and about 90% of people left on nma and dac claimed that just those kinda features are something that would never work in fallout. Hack nma bans you if you mention crafting being a cool thing in fallout.

Edit: And sure if a game has crafting it doesnt automaticly make it mmorpg but that doesnt change the fact that its a mmorpg feature. If a first person shoter has stats and skills it doesnt make it rpg, but its still rpg feature.
Last edited by Haris on Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Haris wrote:Wolfman Walt its not about if that is mmorpg feature or not (even thoe i think it is)
Then why make it an issue? If it's not about it, then why mention it?

The thing is alot of dumbasses including rosh and kharn and about 90% of people left on nma and dac claimed that just those kinda features are something that would never work in fallout.
And you kinda don't know that they would work. Newsflash - Van Buren was never released so it's quite possible that the system was a clumsy piece of shit that never would have worked.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Then why make it an issue?
Only cause Kharn pointed out that Wasteland merc sucked cause it had those features.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

And where did Kharn say that he wanted those features as you claim after you posted that Van Buren had them? Oh, he didn't to my knowledge.
it mmorpg but that doesnt change the fact that its a mmorpg feature.
So what, DnDO, City of heroes, etc aren't MMO's because they lack that feature or something? Face it dumb fuck, Item crafting IS NOT neccesarily a MMO feature.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Fine than i will claim that fallout is not crpg but a hack and slash dungeon game with couple of rpg ellements. And i will be as right as you are.

You face it dumb fuck, Item crafting IS neccesarily a MMO feature.
Our Host!