Interplay Attempts to Pimp DAC

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Level 8 > Level 6.
Ha, level 9.

BEND OVER
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

:waiting_for_Susan:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Mr. Teatime wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:You sold us out ages ago, Jon. No reminder necessary. :M
Level 8 > Level 6.
It's not how much you post, Jon, it's what you post, and everything you say is a fucking white flag, truce or peace sign. You're like the hippie vegetable of DAC man. What effect does that have on the troops y'think, Jon, huh? Commander and chief sharing bunk with Charlie -- think that's good for morale?
Hero of the Wastes
See this? Can you claim this, huh, Jon?
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Kharn wrote:Haha Teatime just e-penis pwned Toxic lololol

sai dus any1 here plai Runescape?
Played it for about 2 days and stopped just as I was about to slit my wrists due to the utter boredom.
Yea new runescape is total crap. It was fun with old graphics.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Haris wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Kharn wrote:Haha Teatime just e-penis pwned Toxic lololol

sai dus any1 here plai Runescape?
Played it for about 2 days and stopped just as I was about to slit my wrists due to the utter boredom.
Yea new runescape is total crap. It was fun with old graphics.
Who cares about the graphics, old or new? The entire concept of robotically spending time doing something like mining and woodcutting. Perfect game for 8 year olds, and lo and behold, that's what the rest of the people were.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Who cares about the graphics, old or new? The entire concept of robotically spending time doing something like mining and woodcutting. Perfect game for 8 year olds, and lo and behold, that's what the rest of the people were.
You dont have to spend time doing that. You can pay bounch of newbies that do boring work for you and you profit by selling it fruther to other players. For example i once payed a player 10k gold to milk 200 cows for me and i payed another player 10k gold to make me 200 pots of flours and third player 10k to collect me 200 eggs from chikens. That made me 200 cakes wich sold for 300 gold each wich made me 60000 gold. Pure profit of 30k gold and i didnt put any tedious work in to it. I let the newbies make 10k each wich was huge money for them.

If i would have done all those task by my self it would have taken around 12 hours.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Haris wrote:and i didnt put any tedious work in to it.
you sound like Herve.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Haris wrote:
You dont have to spend time doing that. You can pay bounch of newbies that do boring work for you and you profit by selling it fruther to other players. For example i once payed a player 10k gold to milk 200 cows for me and i payed another player 10k gold to make me 200 pots of flours and third player 10k to collect me 200 eggs from chikens. That made me 200 cakes wich sold for 300 gold each wich made me 60000 gold. Pure profit of 30k gold and i didnt put any tedious work in to it. I let the newbies make 10k each wich was huge money for them.

If i would have done all those task by my self it would have taken around 12 hours.
And what are you going to do with that 30k? Buy yourself new items? Too bad you cannot use them since your skills are not high enough. In case you hadn't realized, every single part of Runescape is tedious. There is no point in having a lot of money if you don't want to invest hours of your life into leveling up certain skills in the same consistent manner.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote::waiting_for_Susan:
What for? :aiee:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote::waiting_for_Susan:
What for? :aiee:
0MGZ0R ALL PWNT BY DA ALLMIGHTY LVL 15!!1one!11! :aiee:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

And I've only grown 1 green slot since the change :(
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

S4ur0n27 wrote:And I've only grown 1 green slot since the sex change :(
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Mismatch wrote:And I've only grown 1 green slut since the sex change :(
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Kharn and Mismatch wrote:And I've only grown 1 green slut since the sex change :(
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Sweet, my name somehow was removed :dance:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Sweet, my genitals somehow was removed :dance:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

sluts with green slots of commerce. :postapo:
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Kharn wrote:The main newsposters over the past years have, in order, been Miroslav, Odin, Briosafreak and Silencer/me. Those people are not moderators.
Amazing, you can't even bother to pay attention to what was written, and thusly you're going to round your ass being handed to you at three sites. I wasn't talking about "main" newsposters, I was discussing those who were posting news quite competently before you came around again and decided to be "useful". The moderators were doing a damn fine job on their own, that you are easily replaced. Now as for finding a replacement clue there at NMA...good luck!
The policy is not to post rumours unless gained firsthand, Rosh. Yes, I think we've broken that policy at times, as we did others, but it's not habit to break policy, it's the exception. The strange thing is that you were a newsposter yourself at NMA, so why exactly didn't you post it yourself? Why is it wrong that I didn't post it but ok that you didn't post it?
I had already explained this in depth, but since you're an idiot I'll repeat myself for your benefit.*

You seem to keep thinking you can lick BIS ass for Fallout information. Sorry, kids, no longer.
As for your attempts to rebuild NMA. Admirable, I'll give you that, but it didn't benefit a single user.
Liar. You don't know ANYTHING of what I've done, and judging from your HTML expertise, you probably wouldn't begin to understand it, either.
While you spend years talking about fixing the site, you never went to the trouble to fix a single page by hand. So the net effect of all your efforts? Zero. That really, really sucks, and I understand your frustration with Marv's ineffectiveness, but that doesn't change the fact that the net effect is zero.
I've changed multiple pages, by hand, to deal with the style changes that people still don't bother to use properly, including adding more to the maps pages. Speaking of map pages, I made the FOT map pages and initial voting scripts, adding each in by hand, until they eventually got replaced by the forum script. I was also maintaining the scripts on the site, including the poll script, which seems to have been put back to an earlier version since it again runs into the old errors. I'd also constantly been working on the menu script for browser compliance, and put in a couple of work-arounds for Opera users to be able to see the menu despite however Opera had their JS fucked up between versions. I was also constantly evaluating technical DB scripts for suitability to use the game help forums for a troubleshooting DB...but oddly nobody really seemed to care to give their input.

I can do more than you, Kharn, than just edit out HTML links and leech news. So by merit of that, JS menu > minor link edits, as it allows people to navigate the site. If you want to play that game, child, you will find that I have already stacked the deck.
Your fucked list is a joke compared to what it was before I started the tedious job of content wrenching, which I did almost half a year before it even occured to you to make that list.
Funny, I had that list going since Marv decided to break things, and that was the revised list of currently broken things. I'm not going to post the entire list, it would easily compromise the site. I doubt any of you thought to make a recent back-up of what's left of the site.

No, you're not getting mine.
None of the images on any of the map pages worked,
HAH! Amusing, so you're the one who fucked up the maps pages. They worked before you touched them, and had a black background behind each of the green dot matrix maps to deal with the constant style changes that Odin never made sure worked with any page but the front one.
almost 2/3 of the external links were broken, the Fallout 3 pages made it look like Van Buren was still an active project, almost all the internal links on the maps and other gamehelp pages were broken. Those're almost all fixed now. Relatively unimportant?
Go go mad HTML monkey, you!

Oh, and they are NOT fixed, nor even close.
Sure, for atoga's reason, as well as for year reasons in that it's far from a longterm fix, it doesn't solve anything, but I think we all realised that. Does that change the fact that Montez and others worked on many of these others while you haven't fixed a single one? You made that list quite a while ago, didn't you? So why didn't you fix any of those errors in the past year?
Because those errors were miniscule to the other matters at hand, namely all of the missing content and other security issues I'm not willing to go into at the moment. That was the list of still-broken stuff. Guess what a "broken" list means? That "fixed" items are removed. So it would stand to reason that was what was remaining of the concerns with the site after I had already fixed other issues.

I was also working on a content system so that even a lazy shit like you could manage to put your "talents" to some use, and you could Copy+Paste HTML to rebuild pages, since in your "mad fixing" a long time ago, you don't seem to really have fixed anything either except update some links. Go you. That is nowhere on the same level as trying to get entire pages rebuilt as well as rebuilding the entire site. So someone can verify that you fixed a link. Congratulations. Now would you like to UN-"fix" the Fallout 2 Misc items link, since it's STILL broken and that is all you're good for? Oh, except to leech news, I almost forgot to give you credit for that!

While I was also using a bit of my time to converse with Bethesda employees and to see what was really going on. Which, if you want to go by relevance to the site, I cared to do a lot more effort to real find Fallout news than you could leech it from other sites.

It's amazing. You'd rather post news over an image in BioShock looking like a Fallout reference (though that's been months old, it qualifies as "news" because it wasn't posted at NMA yet, and someone had to point it out to you multiple times), rather than details about what a long-time Fallout community member posts (who doesn't suddenly make bullshit up, since you know, it's his JOB as a journalist to investigate this shit you're too fucking lazy to), and apparently one of your own staff doesn't count as a credible verification, and you kiddies would rather bicker over uselesss shit.

Speaking of "a little birdy", nice that you can't credit people and decide to instead post easter eggs over rumors given to you by someone NOT "a little birdy", which are in turn verified BY ME. So drop this "we don't post rumors unless we have firsthand information" bullshit, that excuse went out the window after I affirmed it and gave more background info.
SimpleMinded wrote: Seri, the problem here is you talk like no one is doing anything. Do you really think Kharn and Briosa and the rest of the gang just sit on their asses and twiddle their thumbs, waiting for bethesda to shove the information in their faces? If they bother to run this site, I think it's safe to say, they care enough about fallout that they are trying to get the information you want.
Hah! If only he knew the truth of it...
Kharn wrote: Man, I wouldn't even care as long as some news was finally released, that said, many people have contacted Bethesda many times, including our staff and fans who keep informing us Bethesda gave them the sendaround.

Bethesda don't answer no questions. They'll make no exception for you.
Liar. Bethesda developers in private have stated a number of interesting things, in particular what to note about what Pete and Todd, among others, have to say. Too bad you're one of the lazy shits without a spine that aren't worth speaking to, because you'd rather bicker over useless shit than material people put their JOBS AT RISK TO MERELY SPEAK WITH US.

Oh! Wait, you were talking about news that you can steal for content, because you can't be bothered to find news on your own unless it's a forum quote, and even then you're a bit useless for that.

Speaking of useless, Odin proves you to be a fucking liar:
Odin wrote:What do you think? Do you really think we have been sitting on our asses this whole time?

In the beginning when the news broke about bethesda we here at NMA have kept in touch with some of the workers of Beth, but sadly they cant really say much and if they can...then sometimes we gotta keep our mouth shut.. Its politics.
* Except that when we go ahead to speak about some things since the sources gave their approval...some morons would rather ignore it and bicker over useless shit. It was slipped first in by an off-site source in a news thread so that it could get public attention first without being a full news item, and then when it's made into a news item it's gotten reinforced awareness (harder to play "damage control" with that on Bethesda's part). Except...it didn't get any attention, instead being ignored in light of other miniscule items, making the sources go "We're risking our jobs and livelihood for WHAT, exactly? They don't seem to care." That was my bigger concern, that of my contact, than being a glory-hound and posting the info myself. Unlike you, we know what we're doing, and for a reason that you're a bit too naive to understand.

Yes, it was your absolute idiocy, along with Sander's, that was seriously endangering the contacts. Your "we don't know anything yet because Bethesda hasn't told us" shit was getting pretty old, even for our contacts who saw us hand you the information, repeatedly, to see you verbally masturbate the same line to excuse not doing a single fucking bit of effort on your own except troll the DAC and RPGCodex forums for news. So, when has Interplay explicitly ever given you information that they might not want people to know about? "Never" sounds about right. So why does Bethesda, in particular Emil, own your balls?

Speaking of Odin, YES, he HAS been sitting on his ass the whole time (or at least since WoW). So has every other person there. The only ones who bothered to dig for a clue conituously after the announcement were myself and VDweller, and VDweller wasn't even a member of the site to give you information like that. So minus me, who the fuck is now talking to Bethesda? I can honestly say that nobody at NMA besides myself was recently speaking to anyone at Bethesda to any significant degree. From the hints I kept dropping, and the other info, it was clear that other admins were clearly not aware of what would have been considered "common knowledge" among the leaked into. For fuck's sake, Silencer can't even bother to read his own news forum.

So, in essence, you'd rather post information about outdated similarities simply because it resembles Fallout, instead of dig for actual Fallout news. And, since Bethesda hasn't told you directly anything, you don't have the balls to repost that.
Kharn wrote: However, Rosh is full of bullshit because of this; he knew the same details VDweller did. He could've reposted from VDweller's post or made his own newspost stating said rumours and sure as hell knew he wouldn't have to fear anyone vatting it. The fact that his whole accusation towards the rest of NMA consists of us not doing his job makes the whole story a load of crock, so take a word of advise and don't believe a letter of it. Don't believe me? I called Rosh on his bullshit on DaC. Since he doesn't have to ability to ban me there, he just up and ran for it. That works well for his credibility.
Actually, I hadn't been at DAC, RPGCodex, or anywhere for a while, as I was cross-country attenting a funeral.

As for the info, I did have other bits I managed to acquire. You know, the point about one of my contacts being in the art department and something about the art direction...aw, fuck it, you never pay attention unless it has to do with you personally. You like to downplay that info VD released because it does several things:

1. Makes it obvious that most of the staff at NMA weren't doing a fucking thing to clue themselves in, if Kharn and Sander kept playing this "we don't know shit because Bethesda hasn't told us anything" routine.
2. Tries to make small of the point that VDweller scooped NMA on their own forums, and aside from me trying to add in background information to put it into context to add in more info, nobody cared to pay a bit of attention.
3. It shows off your failure, again and again, in light of your attempts to drama queen.
4. I know more than I've told.

But we were seeing how well you handled info being released to the public, even noted as a rumor, and you failed. So the sources and myself did not care to see what else you could fail at doing, so I wasn't going to put the jobs of people who risked themselves like that in the hands of an incompetent child. I was the responsible one and left NMA, refusing to give Silencer my contacts, as frankly he hasn't earned that information either. Nobody was doing sufficient effort to be allowed to hold onto that information, and hence why it was never brought up onto the STILL INSECURE NMA admin forums.

DAC did what was right, and posted it as a rumor according to someone prominent in the community - effectively putting them as the source of the info instead of the site. You want to call yourself a fansite but won't post anything that Bethesda doesn't directly feed you. It doesn't work like that. You either care about the subject or you care about the company. You can either be a fansite or a press kit repost site. Pick one.

Posting info as rumors, info that Bethesda will not tell you because they are dishonest, would make the issue public and make it something the developers would have to address sooner than at their leisure to sucker consumers. They would have to address the issue, much like happened with F:POS and FOT. But keep on going with an editorial policy that revolves around sucking BIS ass and posting leaked info about dead titles...
Kharn wrote: 1. Since the move to telefragged and the switch to a php-based cms-esque system, many pages were broken. They've been fixed over the past few years.
No, they haven't, which was a major point I have made a number of times. NMA's content is fucked. Editing out the links to broken pages doesn't count as "fixing", either, you lazy shit. Now bother to "investigate" your own fucking site again to see what is broken.

It sounds like *quite* a 'Fallout fansite' you have there, kiddies. Too bad you don't have Briosafreak crawling up BIS' ass to hand you information anymore, and it's amusing that he posts this load of horseshit. Different company, kiddies, different procedures and games. When was the last time a BIS employee was fired or threatened for posting or visiting at a blacklisted site? Then you might want to consider that the BIS folks had it pretty fucking easy to leak info, compared to how it is at Bethesda. Given that your "expertise" in dealing with BIS seems to be licking up MCA's ass, you're now going to try that with Emil? Good luck.

As if this "going to be for X-Box" crap is any startling revelation when you look at the other shit Pete and others said in the past, collected up by others for your benefit - and you're still too stupid to use them. So you guys can't even read your own site or news forums, can't bother looking for a clue on your own or getting your own contacts (except for Briosafreak, and he's gotten NMA used to people handing them everything), can't even read your own news forum, and would rather post about irrelevant shit than about Fallout, and you can only half ass bother to leech from DAC and RPGCodex for that.

What the fuck is the point in continuing the facade? You've got a broken site, a broken forum, and you'd rather post about useless shit and what you can take from other sites than what would be important to the Fallout community, simply because you couldn't care to be anything other than a lazy, spineless press-kit repost site. Thanks to you, that is what NMA has become, everything it used to stand against.

Congratulations. NMA's reputation and integrity has left with me. Now have fun competing with GameSpy/GameBanshee on who can lick ass the most.
MR Snake wrote:Yes,

In conclusion to Rosh post.

Unless it has to do with "the order" Kharn does not give a flying fuck about the rest of nma.

Well fucking done you Dutch retard.
Yup, and it was the Dutch retard's cronies that instigated the problems that eventually led to the blow-up of MR leaving NMA. Frankly, with as much problem as they cause and how irrelevant TO is to Fallout, it would have been far better to have given them the boot instead.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

I'll reply to the rest if you want me to, but mostly I'm still left with one question:

Your ego excuse doesn't cut it. How does fear of epeening stop your from providing info when you're swinging about how you're the only guy they talk to now? Where did this sudden humbleness come from and where is it now?

In other words, it doesn't work. If you wanted to show the developers their value to NMA, if you wanted to pressure Bethesda and inform the fans...why didn't you newspost? Simply question, so where's the straight answer? You could've newsposted as much as any of us, so any good reason you didn't? Or are you saying you're expecting us to do your job?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

fuck you kharn >:(
:chew:
Our Host!