Fallout 3 Developer updates

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Blargh wrote:
[color=red]I[/color] wrote:Are we providing anything actually worth "watching and reading"?
[color=red]I[/color] wrote:Just Thinkin'
Apparently not ?

I jest.

Or do* I ? :drunk:

*Or do** I ?
**Or d-
Lol I = Image
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Perhaps Emil can be lured back with a :spacecat: smilie? Maybe that's what he's looking for here at DAC. Why do we not provide!? People have provided many a template.

For shame... :no:
Death to quotes.
TPSO
SDF!
SDF!

Post by TPSO »

St. Toxic wrote:
TPSO wrote:I've promised myself that I WILL NOT SPEND A DIME on this game until it's reviewed by one of the more prominent game magazines and given the thumbs up.
It's time to jingle in your pockets for change, old man. Estimate 11 thumbs up from every magazine, game-rag or otherwise, followed by uncontrollable vomiting, showering and rolling around in money.

I'm not sure about that. PC Gamer is pretty hard on games. True that F1 and 2 made their best of all time. (just behind HL I think) but they always seem fair with their ratings. Mabye I'm wrong on this.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

You won't get any positive reactions here, I think I can say that everyone agrees that review magazines never do their job right and always fall into the whole buzz which affects their reviews. For example, see the reviews of Morrowind.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

pc gamer is pretty objective and well-written from what i've read of it and notsomuch guilty of buying into hype, it's just that their criteria for what makes a good game is idiotic.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I lost all respect for PCG when they gave Oblivion game of the year award and like 96%.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

does anyone apart from Fallout so called fans say Oblivion sucked? just wondering.. haven't played the game myself.
(my asking is not meant to imply you're wrong, good people of DAC)
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

atlantic monthly ran an article on the future of game design a while ago, and it complained bitterly about the lack of depth in oblivion. they used it as a prime example of what was wrong with the game industry. a pretty dope article, if a little academic.

i doubt any gamers read that, though. from my experience, almost everyone who has played oblivion liked it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!