Weapons for FO, wadda ya want?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I have a 100psi nailgun that no one uses, i could try to convert it B)
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

ApTyp wrote:I have a 100psi nailgun that no one uses, i could try to convert it B)
You should, then YouTube it in action. I'd be entertained!
Death to quotes.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

TelemachusSneezed wrote:
ApTyp wrote:I have a 100psi nailgun that no one uses, i could try to convert it B)
You should, then YouTube it in action. I'd be entertained!
qfe cause its qft
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

bolt guns...those that fire with an explosion instead of compressed air...
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I want bodyparts hitting people and hurting them for like 2 - 3 HP. That would be fun.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

psionic weapons :dance: now in FalloutShock!
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Dreadnaught, thats actualy a cool idea, but only when an exploseve is used on someone.

It'll be cool if bullets bouncing off of hard objects or armor could still do dammage as well (tho no more than 1/3 prehaps, and loose all AP propertites)
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

PiP wrote:
psionic weapons :dance: now in FalloutShock!
"Pounds per square inch" you polish cunt!

Psionics though... that's a good idea! :levitates:
Death to quotes.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

PsychoSniper wrote:Dreadnaught, thats actualy a cool idea, but only when an exploseve is used on someone.

It'll be cool if bullets bouncing off of hard objects or armor could still do dammage as well (tho no more than 1/3 prehaps, and loose all AP propertites)
It's Dreadnought. With an O. Anyways...
Imagine you shoot someones hand off and it punches an enemy in the eyes for 2 HP.
Of course explosives would do a bigger mess.

Also funny: You shoot someone in the throat and sort of CUT the head off with the bulled, and the flying head gives some random bum a critical (coz unforseen) headbutt for 4 HP, traumatizing him for the rest of his life and causing his nose to bleed from the impact. :joy:

Maybe item held in the hand at the moment of death should also do something. Like a pistol hitting someone on the forehead, knocking him over. Or a knife flying around and stabing some unlucky cunt. :crazy:

And you should be able to toss some ammo into a burning bin, for a little firework. Maybe some destruction.
But mostly for distraction. So you can move around without being noticed by guards... which are of course rather interested in the sudden noise from the burning rubbish can.
Or a pack of rats, released somewhere. And you toss a bait, and they move in it's direction, causing guard to attack them. Again, you can move past them without being noticed.
You can catch rats in traps and store them in cages. Or maybe you should be able to tame them, so they run around with you and you don't have to keep them in the cage. But once you enter cities, the guards will tell you to put the rats in the cage or they'll kill them. You should be able to release rats in cities as a pest, causing diseases and destroying/eating the food in the storage. This could be part of a mission. Forcing some town to surrender because of a rat problem, so another town/group of raiders can take over.

Hell... Why the fuck am I so creative today?

Claymore mines, booby traps, acid spraying traps, shit like that. Would be pretty neato. You could put a super stimpack with a hidden explosive attached to it on the ground. The better your TRAPS skill is, the better the explosive attached is hidden and the explosion will trigger when the enemy picks the object up.

Breakable weapons. Baseball bats will shatter after you smack someone too often.
Plasma rifles explode. You have to maintain them (repair skill).
Knives get dull, and you have to sharpen them (well, who gives a fuck about knives anyway).
Spears can break, so you are forced to use the sharp end as a dagger. Would add some real good atmosphere at the beginning of the game, like imagine you're about to fight a Radscorpion for the first time and your spear breaks in it's claws and you're all fucked... at least you think, coz your rats eat him from the inside and you win!
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

LOLZ, yer funny tonight (my time) dreaddy! Let's go out some time.

You know what I want to see: suicide bombing. Not yourself of course (well maybe?), but rather you should be able to attach explosives to animals / children / women, then when they go into buildings you can explode them.

There should also be Korans in every village.
Death to quotes.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Technically you were able to do that in the previous Fallout games. Some npc move around randomly, but some have strict ways they always go. So you can time shit and put explosives on them and wait.

Of course making people do it willingly is more fun.

Going out with me often ends in violence or some kind of drug or alcohole (often both) excess. Also, I'm a total music nazi. Also, it's 12:41 PM here and I'm having lunch. But that's just coz I live in the future.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

That's what I mean: deliberately. One could build a cult of personality, then have his followers (Hubologists) bomb strategic locations.

Yeah of course it's midnight where you are! I need to think in the other direction of earthly rotation. D:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Fallout.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

:chuckle:
Death to quotes.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

It's not fuckng midnight, asswipe. It's lunchtime! :eats spaghetti:
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Maybe for swell guy Australians, but here in America we would hang you for eating spaghetti in bed! :salute: :neverforget: :spacecat:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Silence cunt. It's a beautyful day and I'm gonna go and hang out at the pool after I got myself a fresh headshave. :wattle:
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Dreadnought wrote:I want bodyparts hitting people and hurting them for like 2 - 3 HP. That would be fun.
You could beat your enemies to death with your own hardened arm from a previous life in Planescape: Torment. AWESOME BEYOND WORDS.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I wanna be able to squish my enemy's eyes in with my fingers. That's not too much to ask.

Chair legs
Table legs
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Anything will do as far as weapons go as long as the combat is implemented properly. I don't want real-time click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click combat, ffs.
Our Host!