the wonderful world of cats

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

awesome

Best thing is if it was neighbors pet and you mounted the artwork and left it on their doorstep along with a "Making Of" album.

The mounted art would have a little bronze plaque with the pet name on it.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Let me guide you through the preservation.

First off you need:

1 One quarter cup clear carbonated beverage.
2 One cap of hydrogen peroxide.
3 One part lemon lime soda to 3 parts of booze.
4 Two tablespoons lemon juice, one tablespoon sugar, one quarter 5 teaspoon bleach in one container of water.
6 Two tablespoons of white vinegar, two tablespoons of sugar to one container of water.
7 A bucket.
8 For cleaning use 50% warm water, 50% Sprite or 7UP plus one and a half teaspoons of bleach. )

On the first day, let the bodyparts soak in a mixture of the first to containts. Next day, fish it out and let it dry for an hour, then throw it into the booze mix ( nr 3 ). Day after that, go for Nr 4. Now remember -- THERE IS NO NUMBER FIVE, so once you take the parts out to dry, take that day off. Play some ball with your friends in the park. Then go for Nr. 6 and then either repeat the process from the start the next day ( depends on many factors ) or go for the cleaning.
TriangleDragon
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TriangleDragon »

You are a pschopath. I'm not kidding, and I'm sure all the other people who have told you the same weren't either...
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

:sadblinky:
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

TriangleDragon wrote:You are a pschopath. I'm not kidding, and I'm sure all the other people who have told you the same weren't either...
Wrong
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

negroes, stop with the orthography nazism already >:(
it's obvious he meant psychopath, though he should be clearer on who he thought is a psychopath
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I consider this cat thingy to be a sign of genious rather than psychopath.
The mere thought of a stuffed cat in a space suit orbitin earth is wonderful. The beauty of it.

However, I do think that a lightbulb and an mp3 player should be attached to it as well, so you can turn the light on, and the player starts playing <i>Ground control to mayor tom... lalalalala...</i>
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

using the head as lampshade sounds like utter brill though, or LED light through the eyes tres fantastico B)
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Re: the wonderful world of cats

Post by Icabod »

Megatron wrote:whats the best way to preserve a cat? I don't have access to formaldahyde or syringes. I've thought about coating it using clear matt varnish, but it's a bit pricey. Basically, I don't want it to decompose any more than it already has. Also, smell is another thing.

All I really need is the skin and it's shape, but it's hard to skin a head. Is there anything I can just dump it in until I find a more constant solution? It's buried at the moment, but time is of the essence!

2 days so far.
It's a clone, don't touch it unless you're in a clean room with anti-nanos boosted in your system.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

He's a psychopath because:

1. He took a real dead cat. The romantic idea of a tortured space cat can be drawn, made as a plastique or something similar. And the "genuis" of the idea was interpreted afterwards as a bad excuse.

2. Necrophilia, the urge to play around with dead stuff, is a official psychical illness. (and yes, I believe Megatron gets sexually stimulated by doing such crap)

3. It takes him so many days for taking a dead cat apart in his backwood-trailerpark-garden.
That shows how stupid he is. Stupid people tend to utter their unhappyness about the fact they're stupid in random acts of psychopatic deliria.

Now go and see a doctor...
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

first, 'psychical' isn't a word. second, necrophilia is stricly sex related. as far as i know, there's no dsmiv entry for the good old fashioned platonic love of dead things - unless you want to call it a mania, which it isn't. so stop giving 'advice'. third, this thread is genius. post more blurry pictures please :chew:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

In a moment of insanity I'm going to have to defend the prodigy hooligan pyro on this one.

The cat is dead. He didn't kill it and didn't torture it.

Taxidermy is a well known and widespread hobby, so who cares if he's pro or a butcher?

When all that's said, if you come within a mile of my cat, dead or alive, I'll chop your limbs off, and patch them to a spacesuit.
Testicular Pugilist
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Dreadnought wrote:He's a psychopath because:

1. He took a real dead cat. The romantic idea of a tortured space cat can be drawn, made as a plastique or something similar. And the "genuis" of the idea was interpreted afterwards as a bad excuse.

2. Necrophilia, the urge to play around with dead stuff, is a official psychical illness. (and yes, I believe Megatron gets sexually stimulated by doing such crap)

3. It takes him so many days for taking a dead cat apart in his backwood-trailerpark-garden.
That shows how stupid he is. Stupid people tend to utter their unhappyness about the fact they're stupid in random acts of psychopatic deliria.

Now go and see a doctor...
Shut up, you're ruining this thread. My prescription as a licensed doctor, die.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

I am gone one week and this happens... well, well.

First off, admins if you have not done it already, you should sticky this thread immediately.

Second, Megatron, you should find a new cat because this one has become ruined and, in my humble opinnion, unusable. Once you do that, prepare the cat and follow the guide here.
Also, if said cat is old and has been laying about for a bit, then you ought to wear a breathing mask for safety as you may inhale some toxic gases that carcasses tend to emit.

Godspeed!

P.S.

There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Delete this thread. Or put it in the Wasteland.

Calling the abuse of a dead animals body GENIUS indicates mental poverty.

I feel sorry for you guys.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

1. Nah, I've been wanting a dead cat for ages. I wanted a dozen or so to make a big cat, but this shall do for now. The whole idea behind this one is for russia project at college, to remember Laika and all the other animals and shit and also, unity. Or something, that doesn't really matter. Nobody on the course really does anything outside there little box.

2. I think it'd be a mental illness anyway. And shit, even if I was pschopath or necrophil, so what? I am totally and utter normal though to the point of boredom, more or less.

3. I just do it for a few minutes in the morning as I have other stuff to do. But I'm going to try and do more today. Perhaps my methods haven't been the best, but they've been the best for me :) Doctors don't really help either, so eh.

And relax Smiley, I love cats. As for the breathing mask, I had one the first day but threw it away after I got cat hair all over it. Mabye I can wear my san andreas bandana next time like a real cool cat B)
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I hate you less for the answers you uttered up there.

But if you rock up with a dead mutilated cat with stuff attached to it at school, they gonna chuck you in the loony bin.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

nah, she'll probably just look at me funny and the cute girls will think im weird, but eh. I brought a jawbone in off a sheep last year and they didn't seem to mind. I think she said bodies were okay to, but i cant remember if i dreamt that.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wonderful.
Dreadnought wrote:stuff
On the contrary, I don't see anything disrespectful in this endeavor. The feline probably would've always wanted to be a space cat.
Our Host!