the wonderful world of cats

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

if the cutting operation fails, atleast get the skull and use it as a hip lampshade.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I collect skulls in the bush. Once I found a skull of a boar, but it was to bulky to carry it around all day, therefore keeping it and taking it back home.

Go hunting bears with a knife. That's worth a trophy. Not roadkill. It's perverted.

You not real predators, bitches!

NEWS FLASH:

I found the hideout of the gecko living in my garage! Gonna catch it later! (i hope)
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

you're as dumb as an ox alright. I am making a SPACE CAT not some fucken trophy I can mount on the ceiling or whatever. SPACE. CAT.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

my mind has never been clearer, you dumb ape. what, you have some guns and go round killing animals? way to go. but this isn't just for FUN, you dumb leopard. this is going to be kosmonaut cat, hung from the ceiling. Not some trophy of found dead animal, you dumb mutt!

Anyway, I cut off it's legs and tail using some hedge trimming scissor bullshit. It was easy enough, no problemo.

The head was a new story. The scissors didn't seem to work in my usual style, so I had a go with the shovel and its neck snapped. Then I just cut it off using a scalpel and being patient as hell!

So I put all the stuff in a bag, buried the body and considering my next move. The head is possibly unusable since the eye is still hanging out, the jaw seems to be broken and the skin around the ears is starting to tear since I was a bit rough. I'm thinking I can make the body out of chicken wire, attach everything through an elaborate wire bullshit then wrap it in tin-foil, see how that looks. I'll also have to clean everything up, repair the head someway. Can probably cut out the hanging eye, glue everything shut. That work?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

super glue space cat. magnificent werk man.

:salute:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

well as long as i dont degenerate into a 22 year old nerd who collects mecha card games.
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

you're the supreme manifestation of awe-inspiring universal dimwitness, Megatron. I almost admire you.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yeah well you have the thinnest ring ive ever seen and you're agreeing with dreadnought so looks like i win, dimwits or no. mabye you could say whats wrong with it, my methods or my theories instead of just being an ass-grabbing worm and waiting for a reply that isn't yours so you can reply to THAT huh.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

good work megatron. i am a big fan of the space cat idea. my only question - why can't you take a clear photo? does you got the shakes or what?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

the photos are excellent, gave me a good laugh. keep it coming, Megatron :thumbsup:
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Why don't you just pour boiling water on it if you want to get rid of the fur, that's how I used to do when I needed to clean a chicken or a rabbit.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

I have never had any desire to skin a cat and honestly hope that I never do. However if I did wish to attempt to skin such a beastie I believe I'd try to dress it out like a rabbit perhaps? When butchering rabbits we'd usually suspend them from the hind legs by loops attached to a beam (a good position for draining blood which you have no need of). I've seen others use metal bars & hangers to acomplish the same goal.

http://www.chai-online.org/en/compassio ... t_skin.htm

This may also be of interest

http://msucares.com/livestock/small_ani ... ghter.html

Better luck next time.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

atoga wrote:good work megatron. i am a big fan of the space cat idea. my only question - why can't you take a clear photo? does you got the shakes or what?
yeah i got the horn.

here are my plans in case i havent made myself clear.

Now first I wanted a full cat in a space suit, with a helmet and everything. But I figured the smell would be to much, so I looked towards a method of preservation. Instead of that I thought, mabye I could just use the skin. But a head is hard to skin, plus it'd be not as accurate as just the actual cat.

Bringing me to just cutting off the bits I need.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

The whole idea & the thought of the smell disturb me to the extreme. Still I'd think that in that case your best bet would be to rid yourself of the brain as it will get terribly nasty as the thing decays. Pack & dry the bits in a salt cure or dry them out in borax.

Better yet, give the whole thing up & bury the rest of the creature & go back some months from now for a nice skull instead. Your parents are still not in the least concerned about you playing with dead things?
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Megatron wrote:Image
That was the most horrifying thing I've seen this entire year. And then it's not even in the Wasteland.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Better yet, give the whole thing up & bury the rest of the creature & go back some months from now for a nice skull instead. Your parents are still not in the least concerned about you playing with dead things?
Well mama changed her tune after the last bout of dead shit in the garden, so that's why I had to move out to the wasteland. But papa thinks its funny, so it all balances out. As for the smell, eh. The stuff you said sounds to pricey, so I think I'll just keep spraying it with axe/lynx until next tuesday and hope nothing slides off or drips out. I guess I could shove it in some salt mabye. How about vinegar?
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

This is the best thread ever. Seriously.

If you just wanted the skeleton, bleach and peroxide would work best.

As for preserving skin, fur, etc...I'd think smoking it like beef jerkey would work well. Sun-baking takes too long and risks exposure to uglies that eat dead things. Hang what you want inside a kiln for a few days, or inside a barrel full of charcoal or something..Salting the "meat" helps dry it out, but the salt may have the effect of eating away at the "meat."
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Thing is I can't really use the fridge, the oven, anything around the house really. I told mama I'd use the secetar bullshits and she said throw them away. I'd go for smoking, cept my dad won't let me use his chimney. I think I'll go the salt method.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

it's beautiful. genious. Ja! more pictures of the process? second ryno. best non-wasteland thread '06.
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

Megatron wrote:yeah well you have the thinnest ring ive ever seen and you're agreeing with dreadnought so looks like i win, dimwits or no.
well yeah looks like it was enough for you to win, tho' the only thing I'm half-agreeing with dreadnought is that you can't die silently, because I think you'll still be transmitting the course of your innovative dying research on your deathbed, doing your best to keep the pictures coming.
mabye you could say whats wrong with it, my methods or my theories
your methods doesn't bother me, althrough I rationally think they aren't likely to yield success, because you're too unpractised and prone to clownism, as for theories... stop. you have theories? you mucked up the cat trying to make a space suit, there's no such Nobel category as yet.
Our Host!