Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Mod -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout Tactics: Rules of Engagement">Mod: Fallout Tactics: Rules of Engagement</a>

<p>We've received word on yet another mod project. No website or anything, so it may be non-existant like ALL the rest. Regardless, here's the skinny:</p><p>Today we will announch that the modification we've been working on for
Fallout Tactics has recommenced and after a long period of inactivity
we will still release our modification. The modification is called
Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement and will feature a new campaign,
storyline and new missions.
<em>
</em></p><blockquote>
<em>Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement will hopefully bring back some
of the more tactical and role playing aspects to the game and we're
trying to make character storylines and sidequests more interactive to
give them a more important role in your missions and the story. We're
trying to create side quests that will have to be followed in order to
unlock special items and weapons that will help your character and your
missions and offcourse sidequests will help you level up your
characters because every mission will be more difficult and the enemies
will increase their difficulties much faster then in the original game.
Aside from missions and sidequests we also intend to give playable
characters a more personal role in missions using their RPG traits and
skills.
</em>

<em>FOT: Rules Of Engagement will feature a lot of new content,
tactical gameplay and incredible new mission maps, unlike previously
released material. In order to ensure we bring out something the fans
can enjoy we don't want to rush our modification so we can't give any
indication on when it's finished. We're also short on a webhost so it's
hard for us to send in screenshots and concept art but hopefully DaC or
NMA can host some screens and art.
</em>

<em>If there are skilled mappers that are interesting in sharing some
of your work and if you are interested in working with us, let us know
by sending an email to : <a href="mailto:Amarudakota@hotmail.com">Amarudakota@hotmail.com</a>
</em>

<em>
I hope there are still people interested in playing FOT because FOT:
Rules Of Engagement will certainly bring some new and exciting features
to your gameplay experience.
</em>

<em>
Greetz,
</em>

<em>
Amaru (FOT: Rules Of Engagement Prject)</em>
</blockquote><p>
</p>
NeVeRLiFt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by NeVeRLiFt »

Thanks, I still play FOT and look forward to any mods for it.
iAMD64. µ
The World is changed, Some say Awakened.
It's 13:53:33 . Do You Know Where Your Meat Body Is?
Shadowrunner by trade...
mr.Zahn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by mr.Zahn »

NeVeRLiFt wrote:Thanks, I still play FOT and look forward to any mods for it.
HAHAHAHAHA your funny jokes are killing me :iamwithstupid:
Knuckle Sandwich Vendetta!
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

King of Creation wrote:
so it may be non-existant like ALL the rest.
I beg to differ, there is proof on DAC that at least one mod IS alive, alive and VERY healthy. :eyebrow:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I demand proof that doesn't require me searching through the Tactics forums.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

King of Creation wrote:I demand proof that doesn't require me searching through the Tactics forums.
Just razzin ya bud. :eyebrow: I was referring to my Fallout mod for civ.

In your news post you did not specify whether you were speaking about all mods in general, or only FO:T mods. :pirate:

Cheers. Thorgrimm
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout Yurop

:drunk:
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What's DU's project already? D;
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Http://www.bloodline-guild.net/FOT

Do you guys actually read your own forums ? I've been posting like mad this past week with small updates and stuff like that.

The website features screens of new tiles, new weapons, items & concept art.

Enjoy

P.s: It's a temporary host, so dont mind the stupid URL :D
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

damn boy, change the font color on your site, reading black text on a dark grey background is no fun
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Naw, we hardly ever read, just post.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

i meant the website for his mod. the red and black text is really irritating, i have to highlight it to read it.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

The day a mod with decent dialogue arrives I will play one. But not sooner.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

The contribution of a century. :dance:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Amaru wrote: Do you guys actually read your own forums ?
Sort of. Mostly not the modding forums, though. Maybe I should start...

As for people who want things covered in the news, all you have to do is post in the submit news forum, or PM me.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

johnnygothisgun wrote:i meant the website for his mod. the red and black text is really irritating, i have to highlight it to read it.
he was clearly referring to the "Do you guys actually read your own forums ?" part of amaru's post, puta :M
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Re: Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement

Post by Rosh »

King of Creation wrote: No website or anything, so it may be non-existant like ALL the rest.
Ah, so someone found the remains of [RoE] Snake's mod and is trying to rebuild it. Pardon me for a moment while I try to regain my breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It still looks about the same, so maybe we'll see it completed sometime in 2010. That is, assuming he can learn how to use a forum. Hell, it took them months to figure out where to post modding shit on NMA's forums, and they still got it wrong leading to an eventual banning.

He's even had a bit of fun on this forum, which was locked after he whined too much about having his threads Vatted and then being banned for being too stupid to read forum descriptions. It gets hilarious around page 9, where the lazy bastard didn't want to bother doing much work himself. It's kind of ironic to say that you're going to be having amazing maps and then have to ask for someone to make those maps within the same thread.

Scotty's was unfortunately forum wiped at some point, so the goldmine of comedy that was him asking for people to map monkey for free, and the replies, is lost. But I do have a funny quote:
[RoE]Snake wrote:every other attempt to seach for help in the past has payed off and now, because some noob doesn't know me like others do, I am pretty fucking demotivated to finish my project... I really don't want to bring it out anymore cause I see so much people hating and flaming that I don't even want them to play it...
Care to give an explanation of the backstory, "Amaru", or shall I? I think I shall, and kill all interest in this turd:
I'm working on a project called: FOT: Rules Of Engagement, and so far the story will feature something like this:

The Single Player campaign for Fallout Tactics takes place just a few months after the original game ended. The campaign against the Robots have decreased Brotherhood troops. After several set-backs on several scout missions the Brotherhood is putting their new trained troops out in the wastelands to strike back at the ones responsable... Here is where your mission starts... Through out the campaign, the story developes & new key features are introduced. The Total convention will feature new maps, new characters & new gameplay. We're focusing on making tactical gameplay a key feature... no more runnign around in open fields without the enemy spotting you, no more solo character actions... team work will be nessasary in completing your objectives ! The character storylines are much more related, characters in the game have a real relationship, we intend to give the Brotherhood Of Steel troops a much closer connection, so it will actually feels like a real Brotherhood.

I'm looking for a MAP designer / builder who wants to help me continue the work... Some files have been lost last month duo to a virus. I'm working on it as fast as I can but I will need someone to help me with the maps... Feel free to let me know at: Snakediablo@hotmail.com
It goes on, but it's about on par with a Herve Caen press release. For one, just like this "current" "press-release", it neglects to mention many important aspects of the mod, and it's going to be interesting watching how this plans to re-do the combat and qualify as a TC when mapmaking alone poses quite a challenge.
johnnygothisgun wrote:damn boy, change the font color on your site, reading black text on a dark grey background is no fun
Two years and the same crappy font scheme and same spot in development*. Because dark grey and black is COOL! Just ask GluttonCrapper!

* - "Does anyone have some spare maps I can rip off?" Back to square one, circa over two years ago. Kind of hard to do good work and add strategy, in-depth quests, etc. when your maps are leftovers. Part of area design includes the map having some coherency with those living in it, so why they think quests/NPCs can be dropped like the earlier demo maps...

Thorgrimm: Differences and past arguments aside, good work on your mod. :)
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Good post, Rosh. Can't believe I forgot Snake's earlier mapwhining attempts on this.

So label this vapourware.

As for Amura, if you want sites to properly newspost, supply them with the proper information. If you're not supplying information, they're under no obligation to do all the soulsearching themself, especially not a fansite. If you're actually shocked that KoC doesn't read his own modding forums with interest, then...wel...stupid
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

atoga wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:i meant the website for his mod. the red and black text is really irritating, i have to highlight it to read it.
he was clearly referring to the "Do you guys actually read your own forums ?" part of amaru's post, puta :M
oh, i hadnt read that
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Snake's a personal friend of mine.

There is no reason to flame anyone.
Our Host!