First Real Fallout 3 News!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

Hehe, yeah, I wear my Power Armor pretty much 24/7 these days; comes with the territory...
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

johnnygothisgun wrote:I don't think I played Oblivion long enough to get exposed to that, but I do remember thinking the Arena sort of stood out as being more developed than the rest of the game, so kudos.

Please don't be too shocked by what you might find on these forums, we're inherently a pretty hostile community when we feel the Fallout franchise has been threatened, but this is a wonderful opportunity for interesting discourse between the next installment's lead designer and people who are so notoriously crazy about Fallout that it's safe to assume everything you've read about us is true. I know you must be very, very vague at this point, but can you reassure us? We'd like that.
Agree with everything here. The FO community has been hostile ever since I can remember, often with good reason though - the last decent FO game was in 1999 or whenever FO2 was released. I do sometimes think collectively it's a little too hostile if anyone has any desire for constructive input into a future game, though. Maybe that would change if a future game looked promising, as for the last 7 years we've had games that looked like disappointments from the moment they were announced, not even attempting to be in the RPG genre. Some stricter moderating may be required as well in some forums, but I'm staying clear of that :P

Another way of looking at it is there are some very vocal, hostile members of the community. I am personally keeping an open mind about FO3. But... meh. tired. bed time.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:I did the Dark Brotherhood.
that was actually the one part of oblivion that (for the most part) didn't make me wanna kill myself. it looks to me like we could've ended up with a far worse dev than you, so this gives me some confidence.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I also religiously start every sentence with "Heh, yeah" so I guess you and me could be best friends or maybe soulmates.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

hehe yeah
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:Dark Brotherhood
Killing that pirate was awesome, there was a lot of ambience and "feel" to it, especially the crewmates putting the keys in and trying to unlock it while it was already open was great.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
_Mefisto_
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by _Mefisto_ »

he's not god :) but I hope f3 won't be mistake ;)

Hi Emil

now protect your mail box and lock your trash xD
Forlorn World - a post-frost cRPG

"A god is someone who never says anything, nor does anything for you and more than anything else, he never expects anything in return. He just watches over you. Over the foolish humans who are lost."
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote: *gasp* I have read the Fallout bible. More than once, even! :)
*gasp*

Reading something doesn't automaticly mean understanding something... :hahano:
I think you, as a developer (if not a hoax), should give the community confidence. You don't have to give us any specific information about the game, the plot or anything like that... just tell us:

1. We're gonna keep it SPECIAL.

2. We're gonna keep the turn based combat.

3. We're not gonna make Oblivion with ultra-super-hyper-sick-eye-molesting-minigun-3D-particle-FX.

Anything else... even pink power armors... would be acceptable. (ok... that might be too much, but you get the point)
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I thought that it was already established that:
#1: It shall be SPECIAL.
#2: It shall be real-time combat.
#3: I'll leave this one for Emil.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yes... but there's a tiny shattered piece bit of hope left behind a wall of furious anger.

I hope one day I wake up out of a coma and Fallout 3 (Van Buren) was released and there never was a Fallout:POS and Steve Irvin never died... *dream*
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Maybe that would change if a future game looked promising, as for the last 7 years we've had games that looked like disappointments from the moment they were announced, not even attempting to be in the RPG genre.
guess you're talking about not-released stuff? VB did look promising; not perfect, but still promising. Heck, I really liked that 3D mimicking top-down iso, real neat interface, stylish art. Perhaps even some changes to SPECIAL proposed by JES looked okay, but I can't recall correctly.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Dear Bethesda softcocks,

look at ALL successfull (large fan base over years and years) RPGs. Even those with fairies. They all stay true to the same scheme. No X-TREME KNEW 1337 shit. Sometimes just minor changes or simple adjustments.

Let's take those emo-games like D&D or Shadowrun.

Both very successful and sure they developed over the years, but they never fucked it up.
People like the abstract way of gaming with dice and all the crap. All of a sudden the developers say "nah. only emos play our games. We need more of the mindless cunts called CONSOLE GAMERS.
Screw tradition. Screw die hard fans. Screw honor and ideology."
So they change, let's say, Shadowrun's dice based game mechanics to a giant buttplug. And now you win the fight if you manage it to goatse your ass to the max.

That's methaphoricaly that what's gonna happen to Fallout 3 if it's gonna have real time combat or FP view. Or if it lacks in SPECIAL.
Last edited by Dreadnought on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

We all told you he should be asshatted :(
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

asshat/ban dreadnought for being a naughty tard.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

:bored:
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

I miss the SPECIAL too dread... really i do.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Thief, huh?

Bye bye dialog trees.

You guys are funny when you're fawning, btw.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
PiP

Post by PiP »

eh what's fawning? saying that he looks like a jovial viking or that he's Ryno's long lost siamese brother?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I consider anything that doesn't fall under the umbrella of "verbal assault" to be fawning.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Killzig wrote:Thief, huh?

Bye bye dialog trees.

You guys are funny when you're fawning, btw.
I agree. There's no reason to start sucking each others' dicks quite yet. I'd prefer to stay cynical.
Our Host!