Bethesda is cool

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

What does anything he's actually said even mean?

It's true - we lack the balls to produce a better game! We have not the courage to force back our enemies, take the lands that are rightfully ours, produce art assets and make gaming code. Woe!

This line about not being open-minded in regards to newer generation games really gets me. Is this the kind of fellow who goes to art galleries, picks out a piece he knows is godawful pretentious selfindulgent pointless shit and says, "Well, I may not like it, but I can respect it!" Because of this mentality, bullshit in every facet of society exists for the sole purpose of perpetuating itself and spreading more bullshit.

How about a few reasons why we should be comforted by Bethesda getting the license? An indicator that they're capable of making an RPG, perhaps? Tell me what was innovative, revolutionary, or, no, forget that, just tell me what was good about Oblivion, without using the word 'graphics'.

Is it really so unfashionable nowadays to be wary about Bethesda? Have we been left behind by the avant garde gaming scene? Rumors? Imperial City?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

sewer midgets
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Anvil?

Grey Fox?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

Jonesing4FO3 wrote:BethSoft has no reason to listen to you. You're not giving them one. You are in a sad state, making a god out of a game of the past, unwilling to be open or even attempt to contribute to a game of the future.
dude, you surely work at beth soft marketing labs.

or microsoft.

fuck, it's all the same anyway.

and since i have no coherent constructive ideas, i'll just give you a finger.

oh shit. almost forgot i'm a clone and shouldn't post anymore. sorry.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

You are in a sad state, making a god out of a game of the past, unwilling to be open or even attempt to contribute to a game of the future.
Wait, did Bethesda send me a job offer I don't know about? Todd, Pete, the boys were only kidding. I'll come work on Fallout 3: A Game of The Future. I am chock full of amazingly constructive ideas.

To the rest of you, please take your narrow-mindedness to another forum. Thank you.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

mutant sewer midgets
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Jonesing4FO3 wrote:Well. You win. I'll never visit these forums again.
I am so glad. Still, let me ponder on your post as if it was a fine young woman recently deceased.
It's obvious that you don't have the balls to make something better, only the cowardice to complain when things don't go your way.
Here you go again with that retarded argument. Then let me tell you for the fifth time dickhead, we are not goddamn game developers. So "balls" have nothing to do with this because we don't have the skills to do it anyway. I could say you don't have the balls to build that fucking space shuttle, the simple comparision every primate on the planet but you could understand. Go on! Build it! I dare you! In your backyard! If you won't, you don't have any balls!
It's also obvious that you don't wish to engage in civil discourse.
When with every sentence you make I see shit flying through the air, I sure as hell won't.
WTF does Nintendogs have to do with anything?
For some unexplainable reason, you seem to think that sales are deciding factor in the game quality. So I just proved that Nintendogs is 4.529 times better than Oblivion.
BethSoft has no reason to listen to you. You're not giving them one. You are in a sad state, making a god out of a game of the past, unwilling to be open or even attempt to contribute to a game of the future. That kind of attitude is completely useless and nihilistic.
Yes, we're not willing to ben over again. We had FO:BOS, we had Tactics. Only complete retard would run to the developer waving hands again.
So you're pissed. Ok. Want people to know you're pissed?
No? We don't give a shit? This isn't LJ. Did you get here by an ad in press or something? "AAAAAADAC: Angry people need someone to scream on"? Do we regulary raid other forums and tell them how pissed we are? Where is the fucking point in your arguments?
What you guys seem to be telling me is that the purpose of these forums is to bitch and whine about something that's not going to change. Then I've made a mistake in joining. It's pointless to talk about such things.
The purpose of this forum is to discuss Fallout 3. If Troika would be making it, I'm sure at least few of us would be happy about the fact. But it isn't. Beth is making it and all signs point to "Fuck". And for the last fuckig time and help me Jesus before I smash the sceen, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WE CAN DO TO CHANGE IT YOU SPERMGUZZLING COCKSUCKER.
Serious Business.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

finally, he's gone
bloody well done, lads :salute: :neverforget:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Koki wrote:help me Jesus before I smash the sceen
:hug:

Better?

Thor Kaufman wrote:finally, he's gone
bloody well done, lads
I vote Koki for MVP on this one. :dance:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Bethesda is cool

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Jonesing4FO3 wrote:I know everyone is worked up about FO3 and how it's going to totally suck and they'll never do it right or whatever. Here's a thought...

What if FO3 was everything you guys don't want? What if it WAS Oblivion with a post-apoc finish? I would totally dig it.

Before I go down in flames, here's what I'm thinking... Remember about 3/4 or teh way through Half-Life 2 when you got to ride the buggy up the coastline and stop at all the houses and go through all the creepy tunnels, etc? Remember how friggin cool Oblivion was until you actually started doing the main storyline? Take those, jumble them together, and sprinkle a good dose of Fallout-y goodness on top. That's exactly what I want.

Oblivion was a great game if you never bothered to care about the main storyline. The quests were awesome and the character development was superb. Then you had to go and do those damned oblivion gates.

So imagine a fallout world, that you can interact with like oblivion with the AIs and the physics and the good writing. Throw in some good Half-Life 2 style attention to detail like the materials the buggy was made of and the makeshift crossbow and the little stories at each house like the burned bodies out front and the booby traps. Now imagine that the end resolution of the game isn't some lame multiple-dimensional portal bullshit and is actually hard to do, like planning a world-wide attack and rebellion against an established gang leader/warlord. Imagine the economics are effected by your actions so that you can firebomb the town that makes liquor and sell your stockpile for a whole bunch. Imagine the makeshift cars and vehicles and how fun they'd be to drive in FPV rather than TPV.

Now, imagine how lame the same old crap would be for FO3 if it was basically just the second game with better graphics.

I'm looking forward to them doing it right, and I think they will.
Play the new expansion for Farcry, I heard they have duel wield machineguns.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Koki totally went patriot, and I missed out. :M
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Welcome home my good Saint :salute:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

So, did you crash the Nordic Games Convention or what? B)
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Threads like these make me glad i got wow addicted. :chew:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

mutual feelings online. enjoy your new life as a magikal furry.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Jesus Christ wrote:Welcome home my good Saint :salute:
Glad to be here.
Nicolai wrote:So, did you crash the Nordic Games Convention or what? B)
Stay tuned for footage.
vx trauma wrote:enjoy your new life as a magikal furry.
I know I will.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

Beth is making it and all signs point to "Fuck".
Trudat. That's why Poland kicks ass.

Also, Redeye, your midget sewer mutants are looking suspciously like goblins. Hmmm...
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

box wrote:
Beth is making it and all signs point to "Fuck".
Trudat. That's why Poland kicks ass.

Also, Redeye, your midget sewer mutants are looking suspciously like goblins. Hmmm...
Grey Fox?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

just tell me what was good about Oblivion
kickass uninstall feature

[edit] Yeah, Anvil. Which reminds me, Lord, that Jones guy said you were full of hate, but I have yet to see it. I recoil from the blinding sear of your infinite compassion. Someday, like maybe on my deathbed, I may even pretend to return to the flock, just to get into Heaven or something.
Last edited by box on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our Host!