Fallout collection : a few questions

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
vatefsly
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout collection : a few questions

Post by vatefsly »

Hi all ! First post on this forum but I've enjoyed the website and it's been in my bookmarks for a while, now :-)
I've posted the same message on another Fallout forum, so don't be surprised if you feel some kind of "deja-vu" :-)

OK, so, my birthday is very soon and I want to offer a good gift to myself, so I thought a little Fallout pack would be nice (what else ? Inside of it I'll get girls and Cola, so it's perfect :) ).

My Fallout 1 is a French version and I can't find it anymore, my Fallout 2 is French too (yeah I'm French, that's why :) ) and the CD is a bit damaged.
I know that "Tactics" is not exactly a real Fallout game but I'm just curious about it, if the pack is cheap I'll take it.

So I'm interested in buying the " Fallout Collection " White Label special pack.

I've read a few threads about it : as far as I know it seems that even if I buy the Fallout Collection from a US store, I'll get the European versions, right ?

So it means : no child ? Other censored stuff ?

Until now I've played the French version and well...it's censored and the localization was quite bad.

So I'd really love to play the game again, using an English version, without anything censored.

It seems there are patches to bring back the children, right ? Well, not that I'm especially planning to kill them or anything else (I'm always a good guy) (except with bad guys ;) ), I just want to taste the "authentic" Fallout.
Can I get the patches for Fallout 1 AND Fallout 2 ? (is Tactics censored too ???)
Isn't too bothering to install ?

Well, I'll keep checking the forum to find as many infos as possible about it, before buying the pack.

If you have other advice that may be useful to me, they're welcomed

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain aka Sly.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't know about any pack that included Fo1, 2, and tactics in america. I think that was only a european thing and it would probably depend on where the pack was released to figure out if they have the children in them or not. Either way you can just download the children patch from NMA or something. I might be easier just to get the games seperate if its hard to find the pack, I doubt the pack has anything special in it. I don't think the games are censored other than the missing children, atleast I haven't heard anything about that.

Though it would probably be a lot easier to visit an online store instead of a fallout forum.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Well there was a double jewel pack that included 1 and 2, but not tactics. I bought all the copies of it from Fort Knox so I had enough back up disks to last me for the rest of my life.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Yeah, I think Fallout Radioactive was only released in Europe. :aiee:
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Most of these guys will probably tell you to avoid Tactics, but it's a good game, as long as you're not going into it with the 'omg its not black isle this is gunna be ghey' attitude. I guess you could say Tactics is more censored than the other two games, because there are no children and there's no sex, but it's still plenty violent and the language would offend Tipper Gore on a good day.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Nicolai wrote:Yeah, I think Fallout Radioactive was only released in Europe. :aiee:
I got the Radioactive pack a few years ago. The version of FO2 is normal (includes children). I'd definately recommend buying Tactics, it's an interesting game in the Fallout atmosphere, but has little replayability. Once you finish it, you will forget about it.
vatefsly
SDF!
SDF!

Post by vatefsly »

Thanks a lot for the infos !
I guess I'll buy the "Fallout Collection" pack. It seems to be exactly the same as "Fallout Radioactive".

And if there are no children, well, as afr as I know a little patch completely solves the problem no ?
So let's go...:-)

Sly.
Our Host!