NPCs don't follow in Fallout 2

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.

NPCs don't follow in Fallout 2

Post by Guest »

Hey all. Got a problem with my npc followers...in that they don't follow me anymore.

Been playing for quite a few hours and at first everything was fine, Vic and the rest would scamper across the map with me everywhere I went. Now when I enter a new map area, they spawn with me at the start location, but don't move anywhere unless I get into a combat and they are close enough to see and get involved. Otherwise, they just sit there until I go to a new map.

Suggestions on fixing this anyone?
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Maybe you could push them around a bit? :che:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Talk to NPC -> Change distance -> Stay close to me.

That should do the trick.
Danny Boi
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Danny Boi »

i have this same problem and those suggestions dont fix a thing. anyone have any ideas? i even tried to tell them to wait here then follow me again, but it still doesnt work.
Miscarriage milkshakes...mmm creammy...
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Level 12 guest?
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

VasikkA wrote:Image

Level 12 guest?
He is hiding something! ITS A TRAP
Strider
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Strider »

Take your father's place.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: NPCs don't follow in Fallout 2

Post by Redeye »

Anonymous wrote:Hey all. Got a problem with my npc followers...in that they don't follow me anymore.

Been playing for quite a few hours and at first everything was fine, Vic and the rest would scamper across the map with me everywhere I went. Now when I enter a new map area, they spawn with me at the start location, but don't move anywhere unless I get into a combat and they are close enough to see and get involved. Otherwise, they just sit there until I go to a new map.

Talk to them and adjust follow distance then exit conversation and walk around then go back into conversation and change follow distance again.

Perhaps save and reload in between changes.

Frater beat me to it.

Gotta read further down before replying.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NPCs don't follow in Fallout 2

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Redeye wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hey all. Got a problem with my npc followers...in that they don't follow me anymore.

Frater beat me to it.
With about 17 months :>
Our Host!