NavCom parts/Oil Tanker help

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
DestrictiveDrunk
SDF!
SDF!

NavCom parts/Oil Tanker help

Post by DestrictiveDrunk »

I ran into a little oddity just recently: I'm in SanFran, I have acquired all the parts necessary for the tanker to run. I have the FOB and the NavCom parts, in my inventory mind you, but when I approach the computer terminal and select "go" it says in so many words that I'm missing the NavCom parts, which are again, in the old inventory right there. (it displayed "navigational computer not functioning" or something along those lines). I can't imagine anything I did that would screw up this part, but its kind of anticlimactic, and weak. So any ideas as to what's up? Is my game not reading that I have the parts right there? Or am I just missing something huge (wouldn't be the first time).
DestrictiveDrunk
SDF!
SDF!

Jesus, never mind, I did totally miss something. As in the hull where Badger's girlfriend was. Incidentally, after playing a great game all the way through up to this point for my first attempt, and after gaining copious amounts of karma, I'm going to totally massacre San Fransisco (they *did* whack Badger). I was born in Oakland, see. And I already knocked off the Hubologists, so leaving the Shi alive is just plain discriminatory.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Have you tried installing the NavCom parts into the NavCom computer? It is usually required to get the ship up and running and I wouldn't call that either weak or anti-climatic. More like… logical.
DestrictiveDrunk
SDF!
SDF!

You misunderstand me. I was fiddling around with the computer in the Captain's quarters. It took me some exploring to discover the FOB door in the lower levels. It's weak and anticlimactic to be ignorant of something staring you in the face, dude, I'm not blaming the game. thank you.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

FOB, mang?
Our Host!