Real world fallout locations!

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Real world fallout locations!

Post by fallout ranger »

Yes, people, some of the places in FO and FO2 are indeed real. The hub, some may say, is made up...not so. There is in fact a city named Hub nearly in the correct position in relation to Maricopa (a real place also, although no secret lab is there).

If anyone else has little bits like this, POST THEM.
does this work
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'm only guessing, but there might be a San Francisco somewhere on the West Coast.
palm fist hit
SDF!
SDF!

Post by palm fist hit »

That's just an urban legend.

Using arcane and terrible methodology I have heard whispers of a "Las Vegas", though.
Last edited by palm fist hit on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I'm pretty sure every city in Fallout and Fallout 2 that was a "pre-war" city was based on a real location.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

That's more or less correct. Even Navarro is real, and actually, is just about as big (I'm refering to the gas station here, there's no base). Actually, if you look at it seriously with a comparative element I'm pretty sure that they drew everything and placed ruins from sattelite photos. With growing up in that region and living there when the games came out and I played them, exploring known locations was a sort of sureal added bonus to playing the games.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

My mom took some trips to Navarro as an IBM service tech.

There is a base, circular staircases and plexiglass elevators, it was R&D or something, probably computer developement and armaments testing.
of course I am remembering something from a question I asked Mom a year ago, so I could be partially wrong, all I remember is that mom said there was an entire hallway of computers(some reel-to-reel. this was shortly after my brother was born(1977)
Last edited by minigunwielder on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

This same thread was made a few months back and we came to the same conclusion: you're an idiot.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
lizardking
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lizardking »

all those palces exist in cali every single one, but not all under tha same name of course , from klamath to sam sisco to the ncr , just look @ a map of southern cali man
wilderness of pain
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

lizardking wrote:all those palces exist in cali every single one, but not all under tha same name of course , from klamath to sam sisco to the ncr , just look @ a map of southern cali man
Klamath and modoc and shit are in oregon, way the fuck north of san fran... kinda like in fo2.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Re: Real world fallout locations!

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

fallout ranger wrote:Maricopa (a real place also, although no secret lab is there).

If its sekret, would you know of it :?
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I wuz in Reno D;
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Our Host!