Bethesda working on Fallout 3...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Bethesda working on Fallout 3...

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[ Person -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Todd Howard">Person: Todd Howard</a>

<p>Ok, so it's kind of non-news, but <strong>Todd Howard</strong>'s done an <a target="_self" href="http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?optio ... >interview with Next Generation</a> and mentions Fallout 3,</p><blockquote><p><em><strong>1. I'm currently working on...</strong>

Fallout 3.
Another big-open-world RPG. We&rsquo;re still in preproduction building our
first playable of the game and it&rsquo;s very exciting for us. This is the
most fun part of a project.</em> </p></blockquote><p>There's not really anything in the interview though there are lots of plugs for how good the Xbox is. I guess you'd expect that on a site called Next Generation.
</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com">RPG Codex</a></p>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Bethesda working on Fallout 3...

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:though there are lots of plugs for how good the Xbox is.
That ruined my day. Thank you, Bethesda.

I can just smell a Xbox/PC hybrid.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

sight
sore eyes?
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Worst newspost ever :sadblinky:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

What? Since when will FO3 be on Xbox (360)?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yet, he doesn't mention soil erosion. :anger:
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

atoga wrote:What? Since when will FO3 be on Xbox (360)?
Since Beth got the license
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

So how long are they "playing" with it? Three years?
Serious Business.
Dagon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dagon »

WTF still in preproduction? so next e3 we will propably once again see only the poster. :no:
War, war never changes....
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dagon wrote:WTF still in preproduction? so next e3 we will propably once again see only the poster. :no:
That's what they want you to think.

And then, suddenly... they announce it's done and it sucks and there is nothing you can do to revert it. I'd guess a late 2007 release, hype starting sometime in Q2.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

They related Fo3 to obivilion with "another big-world game." That means its going to be a exploreathon like obilvion.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

On a related note, I tried to uninstall Oblivion but it gives me this weird error message. I've tried to delete it in every conventional way. Question: Can I just delete the game folder and use a register cleaner software or am I stuck with that 4.6 gig POS on my computer forever? :aiee:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Of course.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

The Once And Future ... DAC Questionnaire

Post by 4too »

The Once And Future ... DAC Questionnaire

V.:
On a related note, I tried to uninstall Oblivion but it gives me this weird error message. I've tried to delete it in every conventional way. Question: Can I just delete the game folder and use a register cleaner software or am I stuck with that 4.6 gig POS on my computer forever? aiee
I suggest that DAC sail out it's own questionnaire.

Ask advice from all the trendy young dev's on how they slashed and burned Obliv off their hard drives. Considering the scaling fault in Obliv, expect no aide from Beth or their multitude of native guerillas.

A question or two more would titillate the intelligentsia of the computer game entertainment industry about FO 3.
Mayhap, what genus species of hyphenated hair splitting may one anticipate from Beth, when their open ended radioactive sand box runs out of fun at 10, 20, 40, 80, or 100 hours.
When does the ACTION lose SATISFACTION?
When was the ""morning after"", when was the ''thrill"" gone? When did this or that Beth game get BORING? When did the RPG, swallow it's 'R', and become a "PG" baby sitter?

10, 20, 40, 80, or 100 hours ...

Place your bets on when FO 3 fades into the 256 shades of gray that all the masters of misdirection aspire to: focus group lowest common denominator, and the shrill shilling of hard sale propagandizing.

10, 20, 40, 80, or 100 hours ...

Would be an interesting calibration point for entertainment attention deficit syndrome, and the relative intelligence water mark above ones' Toilet Trainable Threshold.

After the fluff about T-Howard, this infotainment screed name dropped another milker of the media.
This Nex Gen entertainment commercial mouth piece had an article about 'product placement' in games.

DAC could ask what other subliminal inducements could increase the profit vector of mediocre entertainment products.

At which event horizon will computer games be indistinguishable from Commercial TV?

4too
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm just waiting for Beth to start buying up other dead/decaying licenses, so we can go "It'll be Fallout 3 with guns" at them.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Re: Bethesda working on Fallout 3...

Post by MadBill »

some monkey wrote:Another big-open-world RPG.
:(
: ((((((
:::: (( ( ((

Its just another rpg : ((((((((((((
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Marco
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Marco »

They´ll fuck Fallout....I hate their for that...Shit, its shame...
Scorpion
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Scorpion »

Soil Erosion? I'd like to see destroyable ... everything. Cars, buildings, weapons if you shoot at them, etc. I was always a fan of realism in games but.... soil erosion?

It would also be cool if your targeted shots actually made damage to them onscreen, not like in Fallout 2 where a shotgun blast to the groin always had the right side of their torso and their right arm blown off, and they just fall to the ground. I want their groing to be blown right off, dissapearing from existance. Their hands grasping their eyes when I target my spear there, not them falling over.

:drunk:
DAC- For all your fallout needs.

^ No, it's not for all your fallout needs. I think this site attracts more swell guy, shitheads, losers, and thread-hijackers than it does Fallout fans. This site should be renamed the Steamy pile of Horse shit or aka SPHS- For all your not-Fallout needs.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

:rofl: What was soil erosion about anyways? It was used in level creation or was something in case you spent 20 years closing Oblivion gates?
Serious Business.
DeathTouch
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by DeathTouch »

Soil erosion was just in their map editor to create "realistic" enviorment, like it would have looked if the area had undergone the punishment of the elements.

I dont mind the exploring all too much, In fallout it was a map with random encounters, which worked great, but I wouldnt be worse to have more locations to visit.

I am sure I will buy it no matter what, just so I can take pictures and email them to beth and write "you're kidding right ?"

The PR guy has said earlier they are going more for a fallout 1 feel, which is good, I dont need destroyable everything, it isnt a shooter, if they focus on what you can destroy, then it will be oblivion with guns.

I thing VasikkA's note on how it will be done is right.

the message on their boards will be "Sorry, you're too late, you should have said something earlier, it has soil erosion and you can destroy stuff, isnt that great ? we are going with 13+ year sticker on it, so no ewy gore or that."

Is what I think they will say, and to fuck with fallout so all 14 year olds will remember it as the worst franchise ever, since they didnt bother the first 2, they will buttfuck the license and say

"We really think we captured the spirit of fallout 1 in our game"

I am actually mad right now.....DAMN YOU BETH ! DAMN YOU TO HELL !
-------------------------------------
Why hide, Why scream ?
You will die anyway.
Our Host!