"Lo Pan.."

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

"Lo Pan.."

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

Anybody got any ideas on how to KILL Lo Pan without the whole city coming down on us, of course I mean in the ring, I tried the 'underhanded thing' of injecting him with that needle full of poison that I found in NCR, think it was meant for Westin if you took the quest from Bishop, but any way, like I heard before he pulled out a .223 pistol and pretty much turned the tide of the whole fight. So any ideas or suggestions?
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

Take a few hits of buffout and psycho before challenging the Dragon to start all of this. You may need to take a mentat to increase IN enough to get the dialogue. Make called strikes to Lo Pan's arms.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

i just beat the living shit outa him, of course i did have better criticals so i took him down rather quickly
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

I bea him quite easily after the 4th time as the other times I encountered several bugs where If I knocked someone out and won in the next round theyd get up so Id end up fighting 2 people, that happened twice then the 3rd time it crashed. Hes not too tough, I just punched him in the leg and everytime he fell over I'd punch him in the head untill I knocked him out.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

isnt that a little below the belt?
lol

thats not half as bad as the glitch i got:
at the begining of entering SanFran, lopan never disapeared from inside the ring with dragon;
i talk to dragon to do the tests;
lopan is inside the ring with me, so i talk to him;
i end up doing lopan AND dragon's tests, at the SAME TIME!
sooo... i have screenshots, but no site to post them at, they are pretty Fu*ked up, you gotta see it to understand/beleive it

oh, and i was having that problem where after they where knocked out, they would get up wile i was fighting someone else, so thats like 4 ppl at once!
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

Hrrm,
Does anybody know what "Lo Pan" means? Exactly?
I've seen it mentioned in various books n' films as Lo Pan and Lo Fang, but never got the exact meaning of it.
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: "Lo Pan.."

Post by Warlord »

MAZINGER-HYPER wrote:Anybody got any ideas on how to KILL Lo Pan without the whole city coming down on us, of course I mean in the ring, I tried the 'underhanded thing' of injecting him with that needle full of poison that I found in NCR, think it was meant for Westin if you took the quest from Bishop, but any way, like I heard before he pulled out a .223 pistol and pretty much turned the tide of the whole fight. So any ideas or suggestions?

What needle? You mean the one you get from that crazy scientist or what?
Westin can be kiled by injecting one Super Stimpack in him. He will take 1000 damage and die.

The city has never come after me when I've killed him in the ring.

Anybody ever tried to make the city fighting together? It's bloody great.

First shoot a guard on the Dragon's side or on the Lo Pan's side. When the guard comes after you, go behind the other side's people most likely a guard. Then wait for the first guard to shoot you and in some point when he fails to shoot you, he shoots the guard in front of you. Then the whole town comes to the fight!! :twisted:

It's great, but both weapon sellers join the fight, so you can't buy from them anymore although you can then go and take all the weapons from the store on the right side when you enter the city (I forgot the name of the weapon store)
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

No. Killing Westin with stimpacks will make "people notice". You need to assassinate him properly.

You can kill everyone in the fights for extra XP, however note that this often triggers bugs.
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

Kizmiaz wrote:Hrrm,
Does anybody know what "Lo Pan" means? Exactly?
Lo Pan was the villain in the movie "Big Trouble in Little China". I don't know if the name is from Chinese mythology.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

"Poison"

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

I found the hypodermic needle in that house of the doctor that Saltbeef claimed stole the map from him, its on the bookshelf behind him, but use Sneak, I also found 'Heart Medicine.'
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Yeah, but as far as I know, the heart medicine is useless. Even on Cassidy. Maybe they were going to make it so you take the heart pills so Westin doesn't have them, and therefore dies. Sort of like stealing Salvatore's oxygen tanks. Maybe.
fuck
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

I thought you poisoned him then put the heart pills on his body so it looks like it was a complete accident.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

DansingMungki wrote:I thought you poisoned him then put the heart pills on his body so it looks like it was a complete accident.
Yeah, that was the plan so that the death wouldn't have repercussions towards NCR. At least I think so.
:argue:
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

No one in NCR said anything when I stimmed him and the Bishop's were pleased.... who knows.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

There was suppose to be something about Tandi being implicated in Weston's death.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Red

Post by Red »

No, not really... There's a few endings for NCR, and it mostly depends on who you kill. If you leave Westin alive he takes over... if you leave Weston alive he takes over etc etc...
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

And if you do some crazy crap, Westin goes to Vault City and MARRIES that bitch Lynette... I feel sorry for the guy.(another evil character ending i suppose :twisted: )
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I think it might have to do with giving Westin the disk about Bishop, and than he sends you one to give to Lynette..... Red would know. I have a bad headache. Need.....pain killers....
fuck
Red

Post by Red »

- Fix the power plant
- Expose Bishop's plan and deliver the two holodisks
- Do not collect the final reward from Randal (bug)!!!
- Don't kill Westin or Lynette (obviously).
Cerberus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cerberus »

Slave_Master wrote:Yeah, but as far as I know, the heart medicine is useless. Even on Cassidy. Maybe they were going to make it so you take the heart pills so Westin doesn't have them, and therefore dies. Sort of like stealing Salvatore's oxygen tanks. Maybe.
Ive read somewhere that you can use them on Cassidy if hes having a heart attack, such as if you give him too many stims, although this information can be completely false. Does anyone know for sure?
"Masturbation is like procrastination, they both feel good until you realize that you just screwed yourself"
Our Host!