Sprite Editing

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hola todos!

Yes it is up and ready to be DL'd.

Huge thanks to Dak for making the editor.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

Just D/Led it.

You have just created months more work for me...you..you..sprite editor hoster dude!

But it is going to be so much better!
Can you say...Highwayman?!

You rock!
or
You country!
or
You rap!

Have to cover all the bases anymore..

Peace!..and thanks again...

Just opened it...excellent and simple!

Thanks again!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Redeye wrote:Map your barracks... stage a terrorist mission :joy:
Fuck that. If anything I'll get back to work on the "OTB Five Pack", and (maybe eventually) on the In Our Own Image campaign I have so much time sunk into.

OTB

PS For those of you wanting to get into a "back to basics" mod with the weapons from the original two games, you can get the FO2 Sprite pack here. There's also some abandoned maps available there.

PPS Personally, I'm shocked. Do we really, finally have a sprite editor available? :gasp: After all these years... :sob:
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Dak
Regular
Regular

Sprite Editer

Post by Dak »

PPS Personally, I'm shocked. Do we really, finally have a sprite editor available? :gasp: After all these years... :sob:
You got it. I'll even go one better. If you go to TRS to their FOT Downloads, you'll also find a Corrected Male Reaver. If you remember the orignal could not fire the Rocket Luancher while standing, well now he dose. He's complete with sounds and overlay's. Fixed him quite awhile ago. Enjoy.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

It's beautiful! :cry:
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Dak
Regular
Regular

Sprite Editer

Post by Dak »

Thanks. Start slow till you get the hang of how things work. Read the help files and the help menu items, and if you have problems let me know. Oh one thing I don't explain well in the help menu tutorials, you can even edit layers if you want to, and you can edit all the sprites in the game.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Wow, a real-deal FoT sprite editor? Sweetness! I might just have to dig out the maps I was working on when I went poof...

edit: Ooohhh, RedViewer... I remember thee well.

edit again: Ah, crap. Can't use it to convert jpeg to png? Trying to (remember) how to make a minimap image of the map... Tools -> Make Picture, images is a jpeg, convert it (somehow) to png then use the png->zar doohickey right?

Anyway, when I open up the .jpeg the editor made, RedViewer crashes with a "run-time error -2005530585 (88760827) Automation error." Did I break it? :(
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Holy Shit, it's MV!

I guess w/your return after god-knows-how-long my absense of roughly a year pales...

How ya been? Are you gonna update the Hub anytime soon? I'm going home on leave soon after 15 JUL, and so might have some things to send your way...

Why don't you try opening your JPG with something other than RedViewer, like PhotoShop, or ACDSee?

OTB
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

OnTheBounce wrote:Holy Shit, it's MV!
Aiieeee!!!
OTB wrote:I guess w/your return after god-knows-how-long my absense of roughly a year pales...
:drunk:
OTB wrote:How ya been? Are you gonna update the Hub anytime soon? I'm going home on leave soon after 15 JUL, and so might have some things to send your way...
You bet! However, I'm so out of the loop I don't know who'd I'd contact about getting access to the ftp server. :?
OTB wrote:Why don't you try opening your JPG with something other than RedViewer, like PhotoShop, or ACDSee?

OTB

Oh yea, I have an archaic copy of PSP lying somewhere around here...

Anyway, its good to be back :D How have you been, OTB? (And anyone else still around that remembers me :evil_laugh: )
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Dak
Regular
Regular

Editor

Post by Dak »

For the new version of the editer, (49) , first go to the Help Menu, have a look at the Creating a ZAR info. To use the editer will need BMP in 256 color not PNG, or jpg. The trouble with both of these was having a palette that was used by all the images in an animation. With BMP in 256 color you can create a set of images for an animation that all use the same palette. The BMP to ZAR conversion is located in the Edit Menu. The creating a ZAR tutorial in the Help Menu tells about setting up the palette. If you need help let me know. I think I also had some read me file in the ZIP. One was a quick start for doing vehicles. Also in the Help Menu under Sprite Editing it tells you some more good info. Again let me know if you have problems.

Edit: Viewer 49 dose create ZAR's from the BMPs for you. I did this because not everyone had a paint program that could create the right type PNG, and RAW was to hard to mess with.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Ahhhh, OK :) Thanks, I didn't even see that.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Dak
Regular
Regular

Editor

Post by Dak »

No problem. If you need help or find bugs just let me know. I check here every day or so.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote::drunk:
Ah, I see.
MV wrote:...I don't know who'd I'd contact about getting access to the ftp server. :?
I suppose you could look around for some of the admins. Insane Lark's still around from the "old days" and could mayhaps hook you up.
MV wrote:Anyway, its good to be back :D How have you been, OTB? (And anyone else still around that remembers me :evil_laugh: )
Yes, I'm sure it's good to be back. I felt that way about a month ago when I finally got back online.

What have I been doing? Well, I've been back in the Army for about a year-and-a-half now. Made my sergeant's stripes back a couple of months ago. I'm currently attending one of the hardest (academically speaking) schools the Army has to offer (Bradley Master Gunner School). My brigade is in limbo as to whether or not we're deploying to Iraq...and...er...well, you can see it's a mixed bag.

Who's still around? Well, JJ86 is currently in Spain, but pops in from time to time. Requiem is also still around, and active as ever. (He's been keeping the faith while the rest of us went off globe trotting, disappeared, enlisted, etc., etc.)

Well, rather than completely derailed this thread -- which is most interesting even though I don't have the means nor the time to explore it further right now -- how about you email me and we'll catch up. I'm swamped right now with school, but things will be easing up by the middle of nextt week. (Right now I've been up for 37 hours with only a 20 minute nap and I won't get to bed until about midnight, then I'll get back up no later than 4:30 AM...)

Good seein' you around again, though.

Cheers,

OTB
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

OnTheBounce wrote: Who's still around? Well, JJ86 is currently in Spain, but pops in from time to time.
I was in Spain but not anymore. I had to move back after only 6 months to take a good job opportunity back home. :sadblinky: It was a tough call but income is better than no income.

It's good to see you back MV, I thought maybe you had died or something....
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:It's good to see you back MV, I thought maybe you had died or something....
:evil_laugh:

But seriously though, all that died was my ability to get some quality time in with the land of make-believe :lalala:

edit: Oh yea, the reason I actually wanted to post: Has anyone made new vehicles yet?
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Dak
Regular
Regular

Vehicle

Post by Dak »

I've made several. However I'm not an Artist. Only could do 2-4 directions, (need 32 directions for turning). When placed in the game with a turn rate of 0 they do fine, in the direction they are set to face. Since I don't have the other directions it looks kind of Odd when it turns and suddenly becomes the Hummer. They can be entered, exited look ok considering the art I have to work with. If you want can dig up a screen shot of one.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: Vehicle

Post by Max-Violence »

Dak wrote:If you want can dig up a screen shot of one.
Sure :-) I'm no artist either but I'd like a looksie.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Dak
Regular
Regular

vehicle

Post by Dak »

Will get one posted shortly.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:I was in Spain but not anymore. I had to move back after only 6 months to take a good job opportunity back home. :sadblinky: It was a tough call but income is better than no income.
Yeah, I had to make that call about a year-and-a-half ago, m'self.

I guess I'll cross "Visit JJ86 in Spain" off my list of things to do in Europe. (Then again, the way my travel plans have gotten fucked up time and time again I'm not sure I'd have made it anyway...)
ecnelioV-xaM wrote:Oh yea, the reason I actually wanted to post: Has anyone made new vehicles yet?
Wasn't someone (ogreb?) trying to get us a Highwayman sprite?

That would be tre bien! (See, I picked up more in France than nasty rash and moped license...)

I guess it's back to ammo forecasting now. After that I'm gonna bust out my new Soylent Green DVD before I turn in...

OTB
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

OnTheBounce wrote:ecnelioV-xaM
I see someone else has been :drunk: ing besides me!
OTB wrote:I guess it's back to ammo forecasting now.
Ammo what?
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Our Host!