Buggered quests

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Buggered quests

Post by DansingMungki »

In my pip-boy for New Reno it still says "find Endorphin blockers to get a cure for jet" but I already did it, I got the information from Myron, told the Doc in VC about the blockers he had some and made the cure. I've already cured Redding so why does it still have that in my pip-boy.

And in V15 it still says finnish off deal with NCR but neither will talk to me after I killed the Kahns.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

It's a bug, and a stupid one. The quest entry simply isn't triggered off. Lame huh? I should take a look to see if that's actually yhe case or you need to do some obsucre thing to fix it really.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i did that jet cure thing, and gave it to the dude in redding...

i dont remember that it made a good ending for redding or not, i dont think so
Red

Post by Red »

I checked, and you can't trigger the New Reno Jet quest off.

As for Vault15, it's entirely possible. You killed the head guy who has a flamer, return to talke to the v15 guy in the house, return to Lynette, tell her it's fixed, then talk to the guy in front of Lynette and the quest is (finally) done.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I never did the V15 quest, so I may be wrong, but wouldn't that be Tandi, not Lynette?
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

I think I actually either clicked on the wrong things when talking to Tandi about V15 as I sometimes just click through without reading when Im tired so I mightve not fully explained to her about making a deal with the V15 settlers.

Theres nothing more I can say too her assistant either, he just tells me to go away.
Red

Post by Red »

Yeah, I meant Tandi. And if I rmember correctly, there's a bug with Tandi in the unpatched version... So did you patch?
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Yep Im all patched up.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

That's gotta suck... Do you have a back-up file somewhere?If not, I think you're screwed... :/
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

You can cure the Redding jet addiction quest. Just go talk to Councilman McClure when you're done. Than it is marked off. That works for me. You said you are all patched up, so that should work. Always has for me.

As for an ending, not doing the cure makes Redding owned by the Mordino's, IIRC. Curing it and doing nothing else makes it picked apart by New Reno, Vault City, and NCR. I think by giving the mine chip to the woman (sorry, don't remember any names right now), who is affiliated with NCR, makes it join, or deal with NCR. I think it can be independent, Red would know. He looks at those things. I would go look, but my stupid computer can open any of thos .cfg, .int, etc files.
fuck
Red

Post by Red »

Yes, you can cure the Jet addition problem in Redding.

BUT NOT FINISH THE QUEST ABOUT IT IN NEW RENO.

As for the endings, when you return in the main map 1 day after you gave the cure to the Dr - and hence see that the town is cured. This is what triggers the NCR ending (if you don't return there you won't get it though), regrardless of who you gave the chip to. The Vault City and New Reno endings depends on who you giv ethe chip to, and that the town isn't "cured" (ie: don't return in redding to see it cured, that way you still get the xp for giving the antidote to the Dr...)
Our Host!