Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 Quest Ideas / Quests setups View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Dreadnought
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FO3 main plot quest:

Find all FO3 files on your hard drives and delete them.
TriangleDragon
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

St. Toxic wrote:
I'd shorten these less "meaningful" interactions ( no offense, but y'know ) to, say, a 5-6 option maximum.


Absolutely, I can see how it might be overbearing.
View user's profileSend private message
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about deletion of all the "usa is great" quests?
I'm not a fan of this great nation which history is younger than many trees elsewhere and i'm sick whenever i see something like rebulding stupid lincoln statue there for my proposition is to add quest in which you can blow up every stupid statue or another crap like it.
At the end there should be a reward like blowing up whole states icon_evil_laugh
View user's profileSend private message
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 3187
Location: Junktown, Phil's doorstep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoy the states. I don't have to worry about getting murdered too often so that's cool. Also, please leave Lincoln out of this. He was probably the chillest ruler of any country ever, and I was proud to get that head back.

One of my main goals in life is to get the fuck out of the country but its still a beautiful place, and has created some of the finest women ever...
It's not its fault if the people in it went a bit crazy.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3382
Location: One-man religion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

niejadek5 wrote:
How about deletion of all the "usa is great" quests?
I'm not a fan of this great nation which history is younger than many trees elsewhere and i'm sick whenever i see something like rebulding stupid lincoln statue there for my proposition is to add quest in which you can blow up every stupid statue or another crap like it.
At the end there should be a reward like blowing up whole states icon_evil_laugh


I like you. Lets be friends.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 3187
Location: Junktown, Phil's doorstep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The above is a trap. He will eventually want to trade child porn, and then its all over.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3382
Location: One-man religion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dogmeatlives wrote:
The above is a trap. He will eventually want to trade child porn, and then its all over.


Why? I could sure go for some child porn right about now. Mm-mmm. icon_dribble

EDIT: Oh, you mean me. Yeah, it does happen sooner or later. icon_dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Castille
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

niejadek5 wrote:
How about deletion of all the "usa is great" quests?
I'm not a fan of this great nation which history is younger than many trees elsewhere and i'm sick whenever i see something like rebulding stupid lincoln statue there for my proposition is to add quest in which you can blow up every stupid statue or another crap like it.
At the end there should be a reward like blowing up whole states icon_evil_laugh


We have trees in our own country that are older than the country, thank you. But I do like the idea of adding more options. Maybe we should have the option to re-launch nukes at pesky, jealous countries in europe, too.

The most important thing I think in these kind of video games should be the ability for the players to visibly and actively shape the wasteland. These quests should result in some sort of real change, like a town being formed, or a trade route being re-routed, or a baby being conceived. I want to be able to blow up buildings without a quest being related. I want to shape the wasteland according to my own desires and I want the NPC's to realize whats going on.
View user's profileSend private message
Redeye
I lied
I lied


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 4164
Location: filth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Castille wrote:
... I want to be able to blow up buildings without a quest being related. I want to shape the wasteland according to my own desires and I want the NPC's to realize whats going on.
View user's profileSend private message
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3720
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

...this shit is MAD gey.

-anyway-

1- Stop a pack of rampaging Deathclaws that includes a Matriarch, who's superior to regular ones. The pack would constantly be moving, and it would be up to the player to keep up with their tracks/droppings in order to figure out where they are (assuming of course, the player doesn't run into them before finding their trail). A massive amount of Deathclaws would be a serious deathtrap on any difficulty above Easy, and the reward for said murderous conquest would be just as gracious.

Depending on how the player deals with the Matriarch, he/she may be able to attain a special weapon, or be able to have Deathclaw followers.

2- A quest during which the Enclave is making serious efforts to expand their operations; the player has to clear out several major fortifications and until it happens, all splinter Enclave outposts have more troops and are better outfitted.

Depending on how the player deals with the Matriarch, he/she may be able to attain special weapons or armors.

3- A mission in which the player has to survive encounters with/ assassinate/ locate the prime members of DACK.
View user's profileSend private message
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 932
Location: Vault pi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I never did find the Enclave. Suppose I forgot they were in the game.
:OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-fist:
View user's profileSend private message
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3720
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol.
And why am I a spammer?

EDIT: Odd... it was just for post number 666... for a moment I was Jerry Falwell. Disturbing.
View user's profileSend private message
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3382
Location: One-man religion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our little Danny is becoming a man. :sob:
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3720
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Were I to post the pictoral proof that it'd already had happened through genetics, we'd really be no better than 4chan. Standards to maintain, Tox. But I love you nonetheless. Rad Resistance, on the other hand, is pulling us back down towards 4chan. I vote we ban and block his IP immeadiately.

VOTE BY ACCLAIMATION, SAY AYE!
View user's profileSend private message
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dogmeatlives wrote:
and has created some of the finest women ever...

That would be...
If You going to write some one like Britney or that baywatch one than i'll send you receipt for cleaning my pants
Castille wrote:
jealous

Of what?
View user's profileSend private message
Castille
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

McDonalds.
View user's profileSend private message
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 2427
Location: Vőro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about more emphasis on mutations? Would be interesting if you could develop brain cancer (an obvious sympton of being exposed to radiation) and it would over time reduce your intelligence and make you disturbed and psychotic (until you get it removed), which would obviously be reflected in conversations. Like the Malkavians in Bloodlines.

In addition, if you could have disturbed trait or something. You go through frequent emotional breakdowns (limited to female characters) that increase some stats (perception, agility, strength) and reduce others (charisma is substantially reduced, intelligence goes down to 0). Kind of like frenzy'ing in Bloodlines. Without the loss of control of character, but induced by the same consequences.


Perhaps the entire perks option should be revised.
For example, UNLESS you are playing a stupid character in Fallout 2, your INT should always be like 8-10. This is a kind of a drawback to enjoying the game, because the vast majority of access to content and experience is through equations involving intelligence.
The "two ends to the stick" is quite well adapted to the perks approach, why not have perks display a more radical change in personality, as opposed to just governing simple base stats. I.e. Bloodlines style (wtf do I keep bringing this game up).

Brb taking a shit.
View user's profileSend private message
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 2427
Location: Vőro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
How about more emphasis on mutations? Would be interesting if you could develop brain cancer (an obvious sympton of being exposed to radiation) and it would over time reduce your intelligence and make you disturbed and psychotic (until you get it removed), which would obviously be reflected in conversations. Like the Malkavians in Bloodlines.

In addition, if you could have disturbed trait or something. You go through frequent emotional breakdowns (limited to female characters) that increase some stats (perception, agility, strength) and reduce others (charisma is substantially reduced, intelligence goes down to 0). Kind of like frenzy'ing in Bloodlines. Without the loss of control of character, but induced by the same consequences.


Perhaps the entire perks option should be revised.
For example, UNLESS you are playing a stupid character in Fallout 2, your INT should always be like 8-10. This is a kind of a drawback to enjoying the game, because the vast majority of access to content and experience is through equations involving intelligence.
The "two ends to the stick" is quite well adapted to the perks approach, why not have perks display a more radical change in personality, as opposed to just governing simple base stats. I.e. Bloodlines style (wtf do I keep bringing this game up).

Brb taking a shit.

DOUBLE POST
View user's profileSend private message
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Castille wrote:
McDonalds.

I just hope that You answered my second statement...
View user's profileSend private message
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 238

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have sex with people, both kinds. Well all kinds I mean. icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group