Quest Ideas / Quests setups

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

A very good, simplistic idea. A minor deed, yet with alot of possible reactions.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Dude, I can't carry Ropes everywhere. It's 10lbs. That's two SMG's!

Seriously, equipment management was always a big bother to me.
Serious Business.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

you need a manager B)
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

i always had sulik carry around a rope, a shovel and some explosives, just in case.

but anyhows, i wanna be able to become a congressman of the ncr or something. that would have to require a lot of quest-solving in the area, a good town rep, and a campaign speach of some kind. ooh, and if i miss too many meetings, i lose the job.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

we need a patriot quest that you get in case you call yourself John Matrix in the game, yeehaa
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

like the buffy thing in FO2
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

the Buffy thing sucked, concept was good, but pop culture references=BAD!!
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Can you SEE it ?

I can.

Random Twit - 'Who the fuck are you !?!?!'
Player Character - 'I am . . . JOHN MATRIX.'

Any response other than the slideshow (oho, wishful) would be a lie, disservice and travesty. Ahahaha. :drunk:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Urizen wrote:but anyhows, i wanna be able to become a congressman of the ncr or something. that would have to require a lot of quest-solving in the area, a good town rep, and a campaign speach of some kind. ooh, and if i miss too many meetings, i lose the job.
That would be boring, 90% of the time you wander on the Wastes. Unless it was some kind of peaceful way to win the game, by gaining support of people then instead of killing all yourself you would make an army of tribals to sturm Mutant Military Base.

Oh, and no BG2 bullshit like when you're in the Underdark and some dolt appears and tells you your castle is in trouble or whatever, then disappears again.
Serious Business.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

the quest of patrolling the wastes w vertibird and moving everything down. afterwards escaping the genocide tribunal / adoring fans.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I don't think having a 'job' is a good idea. The player should be focused on carrying out the main quest and not settle down in the wasteland. Kinda like having a candle under your ass and perhaps a generous time limit. Of course you could have a few quick jobs and seed a few kids in the process, but I like to leave a town with a 'my work here is done' -feeling, may the town be saved or lie in ruins. Owning the castle thing in BG2 didn't feel that special after all.
Urizen wrote:but anyhows, i wanna be able to become a congressman of the ncr or something. that would have to require a lot of quest-solving in the area, a good town rep, and a campaign speach of some kind. ooh, and if i miss too many meetings, i lose the job.
Instead of being a congressman, how about rigging an election or simply doing quests for a candidate thus affecting the ending for that town?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Instead of being a congressman, how about rigging an election or simply doing quests for a candidate thus affecting the ending for that town?
thatd be rather neat, especially if there were two different candidates and one could choose which one to support.
Both should seem like nice guys, but the player may discover that both of em are cockturds.
So the player will have to consider getting rid of both, leaving the town in a state of disorder, or support one.
Or maybe even find a new candidate to support if the player insist on being a goody two shoes.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

What in the hell is wrong with you people? Elections? Congressmen? Candidates? Sheesh. Take over the places through power or random acts of persuasion/kindness...But sounds like you guys are creating a democracy simulator.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

ExtremeRyno wrote:What in the hell is wrong with you people? Elections? Congressmen? Candidates? Sheesh. Take over the places through power or random acts of persuasion/kindness...But sounds like you guys are creating a democracy simulator.
I think we're talking about helping in the corridors of power, dont tell me that youve never wished that there was a way to help McClure to seize power from Lynette in VC?
Last edited by Mismatch on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

There was - Kill Lynette. Written upon a card through closure. :drunk:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

minigunwielder wrote:the Buffy thing sucked, concept was good, but pop culture references=BAD!!
I thought it was a pop-culture reference, too, but it turned out not to be. Rather, it's something one of the designers put in the game for "Buffy" of the Unwashed Villagers, not a reference to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Although if she named herself after the vampire slayer it could be seen as an indirect PCR.)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Oh
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

a truly evil world. the most weak and exploitable are eaten first. literary. only a fool would think that the too comfortably living are going to play civilized, when certain death by starvation awaits you. maybe 15 years of utter madness and carnage. mad max w cannibalism and wars with every type of survived weapons. killing of a village w gaswarefare. all out natural selektion. JA!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Chainsaw-wielding monkeys covered in grenades would be my Evil Overlord weapon of choice.
Last edited by minigunwielder on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

how old are you?
Our Host!