Here are some Screenies from my Mod/Campaign

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Update.

Post by xkcon »

Sorry for lack of updates over the past while, but the Mod is still alive and much work has been done. Including much new work on Prison Island. I don't know when it will be finished (Don't Ask), but the MOD is nearing completion, and the content so far has been thoroughly debugged.

Anyways here's some more screenshots.

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

[/img]Image
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Here's a few shots from Prison Island. You won't want to be a low level character when you enter the joint or you might find yourself being victimized in the worst possible way.

[/img]Image

[/img]Image
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

If you earn respect then you'll be able to join one of the different Gangs.

[/img]Image

[/img]Image
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Mate, you started this thread 8 years ago. Comments?
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Currently available? Tired of playing my own maps.
does this work
SniperPotato
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SniperPotato »

Same, I have been watching this thread for years now.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

We require more vespene gas
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Hey, does an admin have this guys email?
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Alright, time for an update -- If you've been sniffing around some of the FOT Modding threads on the Interweb, you'd already know that I'm still working on the MOD, and now I have a sprite creator helping me out. I am very excited. Still can't say how much longer it will take me to finish, but the Mod is on the Final stretch, with only scripting/trigger work to be completed on 3 Maps. These remaining maps, however, are very large and will require some time to fully populate and script.
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Recently, I've been working on finishing up Prison Island, It is another very large map and I am still adding the NPC population and thier storylines.

Here's a few more screens.

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

[/img]
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

It is very time consuming work to add a sizeable population of NPCs. The editor is very fickle with waypoints, etc. Getting things to run just right requires a lot of testing and retesting. That being said, I am taking my time and making sure that this will be a playable and bug free product.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

:drunk:
falloutfan2007
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by falloutfan2007 »

is this nearly done? im so anxious to play!!!!!
I'm Full Of Ideas With Nothing To Waste Them On!!

Roadwarrior
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Time for an update... I have still been working on the MOD this entire time between updates on this thread. There have been many challenges in my life regarding work and health problems. There is nothing I would like more than to just quit my job and work on games.

The MOD is almost ready for release now. Tiling is 100% done. triggering and scripting is 99% done. Just need to finish debugging Fortress City -- It is huge with over 1200 speech nodes and more triggers than all of the original campaign maps combined...

I will also have to ask the community to help me make a few small item sprites... more on this later.

Some new developments:

- I've expanded the original Fight scene from 8 fights in Jackson City, to over 60 fights total with the addition of the Fortress City fight scene. I wanted to allow the player to explore some high level melee characters builds and to be rewarded. The bad news is, I recently encountered a strange bug that caused the fight engine to fail, so now I have to dig deep and find the problem(s). I may have to load to a previous build, and work from there.

- I've added more recruits to the recruit pool.

- I've added an easter egg / surprise, that will ensure that there will be far more replayability than the original campaign. (even without the surprise, there is a large open world for the player to explore, way more than the original campaign.)

Overall, the mod is awesome and I can't wait to release for you guys.

I'm hoping to release soon within the next months or so. I just need to iron out a few details, and clean up the final files for release. As usual I am taking my time and doing things right...

There will be one more update here, stating the official release date.

No matter what, the mode will be released in some form before the end of 2016.

THIS IS MY PROMISE TO YOU!
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

xkcon wrote:Time for an update... I have still been working on the MOD this entire time between updates on this thread. There have been many challenges in my life regarding work and health problems. There is nothing I would like more than to just quit my job and work on games.

The MOD is almost ready for release now. Tiling is 100% done. triggering and scripting is 99% done. Just need to finish debugging Fortress City -- It is huge with over 1200 speech nodes and more triggers than all of the original campaign maps combined...

I will also have to ask the community to help me make a few small item sprites... more on this later.

Some new developments:

- I've expanded the original Fight scene from 8 fights in Jackson City, to over 60 fights total with the addition of the Fortress City fight scene. I wanted to allow the player to explore some high level melee characters builds and to be rewarded. The bad news is, I recently encountered a strange bug that caused the fight engine to fail, so now I have to dig deep and find the problem(s). I may have to load to a previous build, and work from there.

- I've added more recruits to the recruit pool.

- I've added an easter egg / surprise, that will ensure that there will be far more replayability than the original campaign. (even without the surprise, there is a large open world for the player to explore, way more than the original campaign.)

Overall, the mod is awesome and I can't wait to release for you guys.

I'm hoping to release soon within the next months or so. I just need to iron out a few details, and clean up the final files for release. As usual I am taking my time and doing things right...

There will be one more update here, stating the official release date.

No matter what, the mode will be released in some form before the end of 2016.

THIS IS MY PROMISE TO YOU!
This is great news.

Thank you for doing this.

Take your time. DAC is not a stranger to waiting.
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

This is the final update here for my Mod. Life has been challenging in the last half year, as I sustained another injury that kept me hung up with physiotherapy and healing and whatnot. The good news is that after all the crap going on in my life, I still managed to finish the Mod. And I even learned how to finally make sprites. So at this point, I've finished everything now in regards to sprites, tiles, triggers, etc.

Now, I'm just gonna do one last round of debugging and polishing/tweaking and then release it.

After more than a decade in the making I'm finally going to release this thing. I can't wait.

I hope there are still a few people around that are still interested. I know I've taken far to long with the project, but I wanted to make a product that is completely playable and bug free. I've seen some other FOT Mods, and while the ideas and stories may have been excellent, the gameplay execution and/or maps greatly suffered in a number of those mods. I've strived to make my mod completely devoid of any gamebreaker bugs and a seemless experience for the player on high quality maps.

I'm targeting Nov 15 for the official release date.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

You going to release it on moddb or just on mediafire or something?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

xkcon wrote:This is the final update here for my Mod. Life has been challenging in the last half year, as I sustained another injury that kept me hung up with physiotherapy and healing and whatnot. The good news is that after all the crap going on in my life, I still managed to finish the Mod. And I even learned how to finally make sprites. So at this point, I've finished everything now in regards to sprites, tiles, triggers, etc.

Now, I'm just gonna do one last round of debugging and polishing/tweaking and then release it.

After more than a decade in the making I'm finally going to release this thing. I can't wait.

I hope there are still a few people around that are still interested. I know I've taken far to long with the project, but I wanted to make a product that is completely playable and bug free. I've seen some other FOT Mods, and while the ideas and stories may have been excellent, the gameplay execution and/or maps greatly suffered in a number of those mods. I've strived to make my mod completely devoid of any gamebreaker bugs and a seemless experience for the player on high quality maps.

I'm targeting Nov 15 for the official release date.
And there was much rejoicing!

xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

SenisterDenister wrote:You going to release it on moddb or just on mediafire or something?

Uh... Dunno what a mediafire is? Maybe give to moddb, but I was thinking of makng my own webpage on godaddy or wix and hosting it for a year. But I will give a copy to DAC and NMA just to make sure it gets into the right hands.

Version 0.89 is approx 1.85GB
Our Host!