Morrowind mod released. Why God, WHY?!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Haris wrote:
Will probably get the same derisive mileage as a Haris mod gets here.
Except that my mods are actually played by a huge amount of people. And have a decent fanbase by now.
Russians doesn't count as people.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Russians doesn't count as people.
You dont count as anything.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Hah, this is why I love DAC.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Haris wrote: Except that my mods are actually played by a huge amount of people. And have a decent fanbase by now.
Sorry, I don't count those who would play mindless MMOG mechanics in place of a real game as "people". So you have managed to catch the interest of a few people with OCD. Yay.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I wouldnt call closing up to 15000 downloads not counting Russian websites where its downloaded even more few people. Its like saying that you just baned few people from nma.
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

OH MY! Rosh is pretty harsh today...! Let's make a new debate forum!
SeanyD
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by SeanyD »

I thought that was Rosh on a good day. Ha!
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Haris wrote:I wouldnt call closing up to 15000 downloads not counting Russian websites where its downloaded even more few people. Its like saying that you just baned few people from nma.
Something that is popular does not necessarily mean it's good, flaming swede.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

That many downloads are really the result of pimpage by NMA and DAC. Now, if you charged money for downloads...
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

ApTyp wrote:That many downloads are really the result of pimpage by NMA and DAC. Now, if you charged money for downloads...
The question should be, would anyone pay money for it?

Oh, wait, you can get far better gameplay as an AO froob.
I wouldnt call closing up to 15000 downloads not counting Russian websites where its downloaded even more few people.
FYI, those with OCD comprise about about 2.3% of the population. So you could have 138,000,000 people download your mod (still far less than the amount of those who play GOOD OCD games like Diablo), and your shitty mod will still be shitty because it has shit design behind it that doesn't even have online interaction to overcome the absolute non-existence of any real RPG play or any gameplay whatsoever. MMOG mechanics are crap for a reason, because it has to be neutered down for multiple people to mill the fuck out of it.

And you make a single-player game of it and try to use that as an argument for a Fallout online, without addressing any of the real important points and aspects of the setting, leading it to be unplayable because it closely followed Fallout's universe and someone decimated the towns (and not invuln guards, because that isn't part of Fallout's universe), or it is turned into the mindless crap that has no resemblence to the original games like UO. Considering I had "purple" involvement with that game, I think I know what I am talking about, including when I could easily see the reactions from the other original Ultima devs at how the game was skullfucked.
Its like saying that you just baned few people from nma.
Well, the 50 or so out of the thousands are just, like those with OCD, a percentage of the whole population. I still care more for the titles made well that sell millions and which actually have a game, which doesn't happen much anymore due to publisher stupidity that you make look outright brilliant by comparison.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Fallout 1 & 2 dont have 138000000 players put toghether so your saying they sucks big time? Specially cause they apeal to rest of population that dont have OCD. They should have at least 6 billion players according to you. And they dont.

And you are totaly big fat attention whore. You are trying to get in to fallout 3 as you did in fallout tactics by flaming alot of stuff. That again i understand you there. Its fun to have your name mentioned even if its not that positive all the time.

I really dont see no point in defending my mod. I got nothing to prove to you. My growing forum is proof enough for its success.

What your as usually fat post ment is "i played your mod and it pissed me off that it was actually pretty decent total conversion mod cause i dont like the creator of it. So now i will try to insult it with regular phrases usually used on Morowind and Diablo.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Yeah, your mod was obviously too good for Rosh. B)
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Yea. Whats your point?
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

My growing forum is proof enough for its success.
A million or so people using AOL is proof enough that AOL is the best ISP in America.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Haris wrote:I really dont see no point in defending my mod.
Yet you do. Leaping and jumping. Screaming and yelling.

Hilarious. :drunk:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Once again...whats your point? Why do people write down the obvious and try to pass it as a wisecrack?
bforp
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by bforp »

Korn's shit, Haris.

(lolgetit?)
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Once again, you redefine density, Haris. I am in awe.

Twat. :drunk:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

You suck. :drunk:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Take it to The Wasteland, y'all D:
Our Host!