What should be developed?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
FattyVictrola
SDF!
SDF!

What should be developed?

Post by FattyVictrola »

My favorite aspects of the atmosphere of Fallout are the 50's/60's references, and the random encounters. I'd like to see, in a new Fallout, those references playing a larger role, as well as there being both more and also more diverse random encounters which, in themselves, could be or lead directly to quests. Seems to me like there are so many just plain awesome or eerie types of encounters possible that anything could happen. :) Have any of you ever seen "A Boy and His Dog"? References to that would be funny/neat. But, just, coming across all sorts of ruins, mysteries, there just to confuse you, just to set an atmosphere. Strange totems, weird patterns, mis-shapen footprints, exposed bones of something completely unknown, strange notes, ghosts, a lone juke-box or record-player -- stuff like that. :) Tons of secrets there solely to set atmosphere. I LOVE that aspect of FO1/2, really would love to see more of it.
Felt like FO2 -- it was a lot bigger, more non-linear, that was great -- but it just seems like it wasn't as harsh or 'eerie'.

I know none of this stuff can really happen so long as Interplay has the wrong ideas about the direction of the game, but....just saying. :)

All of you people rock. :)
Softwisper
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Softwisper »

I fully agree, I would like to see more of the non lineriar aspect from FO2 and I would like to see more interaction with the Special encounters.

In FOT there are Special Encounters like the Bizzar day, or the Trader, where you can go and sell some junk, In FO there was a trader (a little annoying at times cause his inventory never changed) who would appear occaisionally, but never in the same spot, also you would stumble accross caravans. I think it would be neet if you also encounter other "heros" who wander the wastes doing good/bad deeds, you can trade with them if you wish.

But I also feel the need for more of the atmosphere type Special encounters too my favorate so far being the take on 6th sence the poor brahamin, named Cody, wandering around saying "I see dead brahmin" (FOT) :roll: But it would be nice if they play more of a part in the game.

I would still like to see FO move more away from the "kill everything that moves" to more of a "rebuild the wastes into civilization" kind of game. I mean almost 100 years since the bombs anarchy would rule for a while but people generally like to find stability.

Random thought do ghouls reproduce? :D
I am ready to meet my maker. I only hope he is up for the ordeal.

In life 2 things are garenteed, Death and taxs. You spend your whole life paying one and saving for the other.
Our Host!