New walls and floors for Fallout Tactics

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
INDIANOS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by INDIANOS »

I see a lot of negative opinions about my work.
I will post here a picture with some of my walls (i have total 63 new walls for Fallout Tactics) and the walls of requiem(some of his walls are converted from Tactics and the others his work).
From the top of the picture the lines 1,4,5 are mine and
the lines 2,3 from the top of the picture requiem walls.
Requiem needs sunglasses for my walls what he needs about his walls ?
And i have to say this to all who said that all my walls are ungly and crap:
The fanatic cant think the only he can do is to hate and to write silly comments so stop repeat ( like writing that all the work is crap) again and again and act like real moderatores not like fanatics
See and compare:

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: New walls and floors for Fallout Tactics

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

INDIANOS wrote:From the top of the picture the lines 1,4,5 are mine and
the lines 2,3 from the top of the picture requiem walls.
Requiem needs sunglasses for my walls what he needs about his walls ?

See and compare:
Helps to read the whole thread.
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I'm not a modeller, I started to mess around with the tiles to make something I needed for my maps.
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Not all of my tiles were simple recolours, several were made from scratch, which were awful, which is why I stopped making tiles. Something Indianos should consider.
And whatever my tiles look like has nothing to do with how yours look. My wood and bamboo walls were experiments at making tiles from scratch, experiments I learned from. The other tiles have all been used in my maps and they fit in quite well thank you, more than can be said when I tried using yours.

Hmm re-reading this,
I did not change colour or copied walls from FALLOUT TACTICS, they are all my creations apart from two types which
the drawing of them was lented by FALLOUT 2 ( Shady and Vault 15) .

The windows design was lented by FALLOUT TACTICS.
after reading this,
AJAX wrote:Before one year or more i dont remember exactly i downloaded tiles for Fallout Tactics from requiem. when INDIANOS saw requiem walls he said to me requiem is a common thief and a rat who stoles the art work from fallout tactics creators then requiem changed the color and the brightness
It seems you 'two' started attacking me even before I had even heard of you and seen your work.

Get it straight morons, to take something from a game, modify it and return it to the game isn't stealing it's modding! No I didn't say I'd recoloured some tiles in the readme, I just said I'd edited some tiles and gave a few examples. Since it was pretty obvious which were which and I'm not anal retentive I didn't go into more detail, though I would of done if any of my edits had replaced the original tiles. If only so people would know what to uninstall.

Hell over half the mods I've ever downloaded didn't even have read me files.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
INDIANOS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by INDIANOS »

I have to say to you all who think that i am not able to create a good wall for Fallout Tactics and that i am stupid like someone wrote:
i can make walls for Tactics from any image and design. give me the image and you will have the new wall in two days.
the image must have resolution 640x480 and i can make any wall like :
2x6x12, 2x4x12 ,2x2x12, 1x2x12, or doorcaps 2x2x6 or just caps 1x1x6 1x1x4 1x1x2 1x1x1 and i can make and walls like: 1x6x12,
1x4x12, 1x2x12, 1x1x12 and also i can make huge walls like:
2x24x12, 2x12x12 or 2x24x24.
Give me the image and to anyone of you who believe that he can make better walls than me
To_an
SDF!
SDF!

Post by To_an »

> To Indianos, It's true that your walls need some re-work and instead of blaming and attacking Req, get your hand back on your work and make something descent ... at least.
Req isn't a "thief", i have work a bit with him and he had never stolen my work ... nor yours.
INDIANOS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by INDIANOS »

No one from you has the courage to compete with me ?
I proposed something very simple you will choose the drawing,
the type and the size of wall and i will compete with everyone
of you or all of you(who posted to this topic).
Now they is the hour for you to show what genuinely you are:
Real moderatores that will try at least to compete with me
or Fanatics with big mouth.
The Fanatics will repeat again themselves.
What are you ?
Real moderatores or fanatics with big mouth, your choice.
The noobs will say again try to improve your work
or your work is crap.
i dont take orders from noobs who are not able to
create(walls for Fallout tactics).
I am the creator until now here so i will give advice to you
not the noobs to me.
I want the moderatores to post here not the fanatics.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

FOT modding isn't about competing with people, making tiles shouldn't be about stroking your wounded ego but about making the tiles mapmakers have requested. I've made a simple request, tone down the colour saturation and lower the gamma on your textures, perhaps turn on some anti-aliasing if your software allows and vary the thickness of your walls. Let’s see if you can do that?

If you can't follow a simple request without resorting to character attacks and teenage posturing then there's no place for you in any modding community.

Besides the FOT modding community is pretty much dead, there's not even a third of the people around who used to frequent this forum.

I'm still not sure why your 'friend' Ajax posted all those screenshots usually people just release their tiles so others can use them with maybe one or two preview screenies like your comparison shot not a 4 dozen 'hey look at me I can make tiles worship at my feet' virtual masturbation marathon.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

The thing is INDIANOS, Req can map. Who the fuck cares if you can make tiles if you can't make a map to put them on. Please, show us your maps so we can compare them with ours.

AJAX, no one cares who you are or if you hosted some pictures. I can go get one of the many free pic hosting sites to do that stuff for me.
INDIANOS wrote:Real moderatores that will try at least to compete with me
or Fanatics with big mouth.
1) Its modders.
2) Real modders dont compete with each other. They work together to release quality material, of which you haven't.
3) How are we fanatics? Putting politics into this is retarded.

INDIANOS wrote:i dont take orders from noobs who are not able to
create(walls for Fallout tactics).
Neither does Requiem.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

INDIANOS, the FoT modding has always had a tradition of people working together. You can't declare something you made is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then demand everyone worship you on penalty of them sucking. It's not a way to make friends.

Everyone I know who mods is more than happy to share their work with whoever wants it, just so long as they don't have exclusive plans for it.

If you behave like this, and one day want to make a extensive mod, you'll find that when ask someone for permission to use a map, entity or whatever else, you'll more than likely be remembered as a dick and will be denied.

All right. So you made some tiles. I'll tell you it's far better than I could do. But, as Requiem said, politely if a little bluntly, they don't seem to be very useful.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Some of them look like they might be useful for a large temple or something. Others are quite bright and a little too colorful though.

The thick wood tiles might be useful for an underground complex where the thickness wouldn't be that noticable or would be needed as support.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
INDIANOS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by INDIANOS »

I have to show you 5 pictures to compare my walls with some of the original walls of Fallout Tactics.
In the photos you can see that the most of my walls arent brighter
from these walls of Fallout Tactics.
I think that if my walls dont fit with Fallout Tactics because they are too bright then and some of the
original walls dont fit with Fallout Tactics for the same reason.
From the top right of the pictures the lines:1,2,5,6,7 and 8 are mine and
the lines 3 and 4 Fallout Tactics original walls.
And something else the floor is mine too.
Which is your opinion for this gravel floor ?

See and compare:

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

It's more the colour than the gamma if anything, the colours are too bright, almost cartoony. It doesn't help that the textures on some are stretched making them slightly blurred. And look at their wood walls, the actual wooden slats are quite thin whike your wood walls are the same thickness as your stone and metal walls which makes them any building using them look odd.

You also might want to reduce the size of the textures down on some of the brick and stone blocks so the bricks and blocks are slightly smaller more subtle.

Also your choice of textures is a little questionable, in the top shot what are the pink walls meant to be made from, or the black striped one above them?
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Yes I was wondering about the pinkish wood and the black and white walls myself. Though in that last picture the wall with the large round stones (at the very bottom) looks very interesting for a cave or an interesting unique building.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Still, they're just walls.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

And floors. :)
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

I could really use some unique alienish type walls and floors. Something like the robotic tiles but with a distinctly different style. I need tiles for various underground bunkers and stuff.

Hey how about something like a gigantic behemoth bomb (dud) that you can walk around? Like the size of a large airplane. That would be cool (and useful to me). Make it sticking out of the ground at a 60 to 90 degree angle.

[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Don't give him ideas, he might come back.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:Don't give him ideas, he might come back.
Would that be so bad? I thought the way he talked was quite entertaining, even if he was constantly slinging insults at anyone within his line-of-sight. :)

Our Host!