Now just where did I leave my dress...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Kalea
SDF!
SDF!

Now just where did I leave my dress...

Post by Kalea »

I just hate it when I can't remember where I saw something. Any way.... I don't remember exactly where it was at, but I ran across a dress that your player character could wear. I thought it was in New Reno, I don't know for sure, but I can't find it. I remember that I had went on a shooting spree and killed everyone there. Later when I was trying to find some of those greeen pills for strength. I went back and was searching through all the guns and things and found it. The trouble with it was, when you put it on, your character lost their pip boy powers and couldn't leave that town. It didn't give you the option of putting in your inventory. Once you picked it up, no matter what you had on before, it dropped and voila, you looked just like one of the other girls. I never found out the purpose for it being in there. Although I suspect that if one of the guys found it, it may have came as quite a shock when you went back to the main screen. I would love to go back and experiment with it's purpose, but as I said. I can't remember where. Has anyone else found this dress, and if so. Which girl has it and which town is it in? Thanx Kalea
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I didn't understand a thing you wrote. By greeen pills you mean Buffouts, right? And what is pip boy powers? I haven't seen or read of the aforementioned dress and I doubt it exists. You sure you haven't mixed it up with another game? Or maybe you were high while playing.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Eventually, you will realise the truth. Quite. Usually, this revelation will be accompanied by bitter, bitter tears. Iconic screaming and dancing. Personally, I remain sceptical of the whole murky affair, and with good reason(s). Then again, it has been a while. Have you recency ? Exceptional. Really though, why is this particular vestment so alluring ? Is it the likely thrill of pseudo-anonymity ? Not to 'rain on your parade', as such, but I have many reasons to see your post for what it is, Kalea - an especially steamy deposit of horse feces.

Grand. :drunk:
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

To get across this bridge of fate, you must answer me these questions twenty-eight.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Kalea
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Kalea »

I didn't understand a thing you wrote. By greeen pills you mean Buffouts, right? And what is pip boy powers? I haven't seen or read of the aforementioned dress and I doubt it exists. You sure you haven't mixed it up with another game? Or maybe you were high while playing.

Nonest guys it was there. And no it wasn't some other game. I only have Fallout and Fallout 2 rpg's that I like. These are the only games I own that are shoot-em-up types. So, no it couldn't be any other game.

To answer your questions:

Buffout ~ yes. As for as the Pip Powers. It virtually took off your vault suit and exchanged it for the npc's dress. Your character didn't have an inventory. You couldn't acess your pip boy control, it wasn't there. It was really silly, I know but because I had wasted everyone I couldn't experiment with it's purpose. Because I only found it that one time, I thought it may be some kind of a quest. Some kind of undercover thingy, you know? I just thought that someone else may have stumbled across it too, that's all. Funny thing about it was that it wasn't there when I searced the npc the first time. Only when I went back and all the blood had dissapeared did I find it.

Think what you will of me. I don't care. I was truely trying to be helpful and all I get is your sarcasm. Go climb a tack and sit on it!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Not expecting sarcasm out of DaC is like not expecting to get a foul taste when you try to eat a mouthful of shit.

Now, on to the subject at hand. You're obviously mistaken, if not outright lying, because the game has been out for eight years. In those eight years, there's no possible way that you're the only one whose found this.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

I have found it too, it's there!
It is in New Reno, but you can only get it once per install of the game.
How to get it: You have to talk to one of the pimps, but first you will need to talk to the girl in the black dress on the southmost corner of the main street. Then she will give you a dialouge and some blahblahing, and if you click the right dialouge options(don't remember them, but it's fairly easy) and she will tell you to talk to the pimp, and tell you where he is. You will get a quest to find a secret gold nugget but instead of finding that, you just kill all New Reno, and then go away for a while, but still don't find the gold nugget. When you get back, the girl you talked to will be only blood left from and you will find the dress.

Or at least that's how I found it :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Sorry, but I don't believe you.
Serious Business.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's bullshit that can only be overcum ( :chew: ) by screenshots.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Either that or he wants his robes back but those are far from being a dress.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Kalea
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Kalea »

Thanx Kahgan. It's very difficult to find. I always get my directions mixed up on these games. Which way is south? The bottom of the screen? Thanx again. Kalea
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's not in Per's Fallout 2 guide, therefore it doesn't exist.
Scorpion
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Scorpion »

Never heard of any dress.

But as Kahgan pointed out, if he isn't lying, a way of obtaining the dress.

I, for one, never have found this out, but I can't really test this (No Fallout or Fallout 2, only Tactics).

><" :chew:
DAC- For all your fallout needs.

^ No, it's not for all your fallout needs. I think this site attracts more swell guy, shitheads, losers, and thread-hijackers than it does Fallout fans. This site should be renamed the Steamy pile of Horse shit or aka SPHS- For all your not-Fallout needs.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Scorpion wrote:if he isn't lying
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh, at least the window is there. :drunk:
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

Kalea wrote:Thanx Kahgan. It's very difficult to find. I always get my directions mixed up on these games. Which way is south? The bottom of the screen? Thanx again. Kalea
:lol:
Scorpion wrote:But as Kahgan pointed out, if he isn't lying, a way of obtaining the dress.
:lol:

:clap: oh yeah, that gave me a laugh, I just hope that "Kaela" is trying this out now just to find out it was pure bullcrap, just as bullcrap as the first post in this thread harr harr, I win :joy:

:chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

Scorpion
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Scorpion »

The first post in this thread is bullcrap?.....

D:
DAC- For all your fallout needs.

^ No, it's not for all your fallout needs. I think this site attracts more swell guy, shitheads, losers, and thread-hijackers than it does Fallout fans. This site should be renamed the Steamy pile of Horse shit or aka SPHS- For all your not-Fallout needs.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

You're all stupid. The dress is in the lockers that are impossible to get to unless you use your pipboy powers on the velvet Elvis painting after eating the green pills and two blue ones.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Xion
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Now just where did I leave my dress...

Post by Xion »

Kalea wrote: I don't remember exactly where it was at, but I ran across a dress that your player character could wear im lien.
look really closely and the end of this sentence it shows it all very small it says "im lien" so that shows shes a lier this whole forum is bull crap
I would put something here but i dont know what.... HEY! I did put somthing here whoa now Im confused
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

so what i just wanna lien next to ya and hold ur penis tight bitwin me thighs
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

*joins the thread resurection*
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

Our Host!