NBA Playoffs 2002

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Hi guys, since the playoffs have already been tipped off, which team, do you think, will have the greatest chance to win the 2002 title?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:58 am

LA Lakers
33%
Dallas Mavericks
No votes
San Antonio Spurs
No votes
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Detroit Pistons
33%
Others
33%

Total votes: 3

Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Mike Bibby makes a difference for the Kings. To tell the truth, I didn't expect the Kings to win a game with such a score...
Thrillkill
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Thrillkill »

I think New Jersey will win the series and agree he shouldve been the mvp
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

I also agree that the Nets will win, unless sth weird happens... Since JK really makes the team, he deserve the MVP.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
aeternus_adamo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeternus_adamo »

Im a huge celtics fan but I do have to say the way they have been playing they dont deserve it unless they come up with a big game today even if they somehow pull out another last quater comeback im going to root for the nets in the last game , but if they can control the first quater than they will win .
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Not likely for the Celtics, they are still losing now in 4th quarter with 6 down less than 7 min to go. It's logical for NJ to win,
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Thrillkill
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Thrillkill »

:D

lakers win game 7

that was a good game, probably the best called one this series, both teams got about the same amount of fouls, the kings just didnt hit them (less than 60%, ouch....)
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

The Kings weren't able to hit anything late in the game just look at Peja's three point attempt. Oh well, it was a great series, the best I seen for awhile. I'm not going to watch the finals until the elimination game which just might be Game 4.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Don't really know what the Kings are thinking. I believe I saw Chris Webber shooting 3! If Peja couldn't make it and Bibby couldn't either, what made him think that he'll score? And when they are 2 down, and some time left, they opt for 3 pt again... Too bad they lose.

I'm gonna boycott the finals. :bad-words:
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Thrillkill
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Thrillkill »

no one will watch the finals anyways :wink: 8)
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Have you heard that the Lakers are saying that the Nets CAN win this thing?? They are afraid that people got too tried of them and don't watch the finals!
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

heh heh...the NBA has to spark some interest in the Finals, so what better way than a little talk. :onfire: :sleeping: :drinking: I like all these purdy emotions
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

If you think of it, the Nets have some(albeit tiny) chance to win. They're more fresh(fresh as in not that tired), have a good coach, and they're stronger than the Kings in the PG area.

Bibby along with Divac made all the difference for the Kings lately, two bad Eidelman made a bad call and replaced Pollard with Divac while Pollard was actually contributing. He could've saved him for the last minute and might kept him for overtime.

Frankly speaking, I seriously think that kings didn't lose because of their poor FT shooting, or Webber being a W**h he is in crusial moments(I mean really was he the best choice for that 3-pointer after an entire night of not being able to save the game for the Kings?). Turkoglu wouldn't be a good choice either, since he is not what we call "a classic shooter" in Europe. Despite the previous airball, Peja should do it because he is, plus I've seen him do it(being worthless in the game and just making that last crucial shot) or maybe Bibby, or Jackson(boy he was missed in that last half minute)

I can't believe the Kings payed that much for Webber and him being unable to score in the end. He'll better not have many expectations in the coming years. At least Shaq and Kobby payback for their salaries. And another thing. Bibby is probably the second best PG in the NBA now and has a tremendous heart. He just lose one shot after shoting all the time for the Kings(noticed how Webber avoided shooting and kept passing the ball to him, even when completely free? Verifies the W**h char., I gave him too.) I think kobby said to him "come with us next year", too.

I would go. Wouldn't like to spend the rest of my life in a team of losers like Webber. Kings'd better trade him for someone with guts, or some veteran PF a guard and another center, better than Pollard. And they'll better practice these free throws!!!(Though I think its a matter of weak hearts rather than practice in that case).
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

If you think of it, the Nets have some(albeit tiny) chance to win. They're more fresh(fresh as in not that tired), have a good coach, and they're stronger than the Kings in the PG area.
That chance is so tiny that I'd prefer calling it miracle. :lol: If they can push the ball, they might have the chance to win, just like the Kings. But the difference is, Nets are good at playing fast, and there might well be miracle... I think during the playoff, Bibby is as strong as Kidd, just in a different way.
Frankly speaking, I seriously think that kings didn't lose because of their poor FT shooting, or Webber being a W**h he is in crusial moments(I mean really was he the best choice for that 3-pointer after an entire night of not being able to save the game for the Kings?). Turkoglu wouldn't be a good choice either, since he is not what we call "a classic shooter" in Europe. Despite the previous airball, Peja should do it because he is, plus I've seen him do it(being worthless in the game and just making that last crucial shot) or maybe Bibby, or Jackson(boy he was missed in that last half minute)

I can't believe the Kings payed that much for Webber and him being unable to score in the end. He'll better not have many expectations in the coming years. At least Shaq and Kobby payback for their salaries. And another thing. Bibby is probably the second best PG in the NBA now and has a tremendous heart. He just lose one shot after shoting all the time for the Kings(noticed how Webber avoided shooting and kept passing the ball to him, even when completely free? Verifies the W**h char., I gave him too.)

I would go. Wouldn't like to spend the rest of my life in a team of losers like Webber. Kings'd better trade him for someone with guts, or some veteran PF a guard and another center, better than Pollard. And they'll better practice these free throws!!!(Though I think its a matter of weak hearts rather than practice in that case).
Ha! I doubt if Webber was playing at all! 20 pts with OT? That makes less than 5 a quarter. Either he's sleeping or he's crippled. I wonder if that 3 he shot is coach order or his own will. I agree the ball should go to Bibby/Jackson/Peja. Bibby is bigger and bigger, he will probably become the league's best PG. I've always like him since he was w/ the Grizzlies, it was the team that limits him.

As for Webber, he is mentally weak, very weak. Instead of jumpshooting, he should take the ball to the rack. That's his function! We don't need another shooter (and one who failed). May be he only have guts to rape. I'm totally disappointed by him. *tear his poster off the wall*

If the King's gonna trade next season, who do you think they should get/sell?
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

The Kings need another big man or two since Valde isn't getting any younger. Their guard positions are pretty well filled with Bibby, Peja, Jackson, and Christie. I don't have any recommendations since I don't know who is out there for the taking.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Yeah, they are urgently in need of a young and strong center. This is a very good year for them but they can't win, next year Divac will only get older. But I don't think they can trade easily as most of their bench players don't worth a dime...

You're right, I was thinking about researching into who's free agent and who's open for trade, but that's far to time consuming. :wink:
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

There are five big men in the draft that I can think of right now. Those being: Yao Ming, Chris Wilcox, Carlos Boozer, the 7 footer from Western Kentucky, and Lonnie Baxter. The first four will probably go in the first round. The Kings might be able to trade up and get a decent big man, most likely the guy from WK or trade to get someone from another team. I don't think the Kings have that much money to spend on free agents.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

With that money signing Webber, I would be surprised to see they have money for someone else.

All those center are fine, except Yao Ming. But they'll need time to develope and by that time, there may no longer be a "team". I think they need a ready to go center, but once again the salary cap. As for Yao Ming, no, he's a shooter rather than a center, he's too thin and probably will never be able to level up. Phew, the Kings are so doomed.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

The only two guys who might be able to bang it down in the key are the guy from WK and Lonnie Baxter. Chris Wilcox reminds me of Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber so he'll be a good 3 or 4 with some luck. Carlos Boozer is sort of the odd man out because he doesn't have that much size to be a center nor the outside shot to be a versatile forward. Yao Ming is just too much of a risk in my opinion.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

That means the Kings have lost their best chance. End of story.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Theres always Charles Oakley, at least thats one free agent I can think of right now.
Our Host!