NBA Playoffs 2002

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Hi guys, since the playoffs have already been tipped off, which team, do you think, will have the greatest chance to win the 2002 title?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:58 am

LA Lakers
33%
Dallas Mavericks
No votes
San Antonio Spurs
No votes
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Detroit Pistons
33%
Others
33%

Total votes: 3

Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

NBA Playoffs 2002

Post by Bishop »

:?:
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Dark horse pick:: Celts. They looked mighty good vs the sixers today. played well in the paint and perimeter.

Indiana's going to beat out the nets in 1st round. Lakers will win it all though.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
gauss
SDF!
SDF!

Post by gauss »

ahhhhhhhhhh fuckkkk!!!! raptors got their asses handed to them by pistons! raptors were my fave, untill this year when vince carter became a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone... so then i was going for the celtics untill vince carter got surgery (i hate that fake pussy) and then now im rooting for the raps again... damnit, they're gonna win this year!!

go hakeem!
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Celtics will also be my dark-horse pick. I just hope the kings can win, but judging by their first game against Utah, it seems to be a long and bumpy road.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I'd like to see the Pistons or Kings win it all.
But the Lakers have that big ole fat guy that goes by the name of Shaq so they'll win unless he hurts his little toe. :twisted:
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

gauss wrote:ahhhhhhhhhh fuckkkk!!!! raptors got their asses handed to them by pistons! raptors were my fave, untill this year when vince carter became a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone... so then i was going for the celtics untill vince carter got surgery (i hate that fake pussy) and then now im rooting for the raps again... damnit, they're gonna win this year!!

go hakeem!
Now weep gauss, the Raptors have just lost. Put your stakes on the Celtics. BTW, Ben Wallace rocks!
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I'd say Kings or Mavericks(though they didn't play that well in some matches). Like Stojakovich and Novitski.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Go Pistons!!!
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Flamescreen wrote:I'd say Kings or Mavericks(though they didn't play that well in some matches). Like Stojakovich and Novitski.
Just curious, are you a "vic"?
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Sorry, don't know what this means.(non-english speaking country) If it has something to do with going with the winner side, not necessarilly. I would support Bulls if Jordan played even if they had 30-54.
I just like those two players' (especially Peja) playing style. It's what I expect to see in a game(plus I like good three points and've seen Stojakovic play in Europe, I don't know if he did such games on the NBA yet).
By the way, as we're talking more or less generally now, keep that name in mind for future drafts: Baby Shaq(He's Greek I believe). Everyone who saw him play in the Mainheim tournament, knows that a great player is born.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

I mean are you a Yugoslavian? But I guess not.

Unfortunately, Stojakovic played the last 2 games very poorly. And the Kings lost to Utah!

Baby Shaq? Is that a name or a nickname?
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I thought Eddy Curry was "Baby Shaq", at least I read it in some magazine article.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Eddy Curry, I see. I thought it's some unknown future star.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Bishop wrote:Eddy Curry, I see. I thought it's some unknown future star.
Yeah, but from what I read in Flamescreen's post is that there is some Greek guy that is baby shaq. So I don't know anything about this new baby shaq, unless Flamescreen saw Eddy Curry then that would clear things up for me at least. :?

Anyways did you see the Kings get their collective asses whipped? I'm starting to think that the only team that can stop the Lakers are the Mavericks.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Actually I did. They are just like a different team ever since the playoff begins. Now, I doubt whether they can proceed to the next round. Critic thought they can sweep the Jazz 3-0. Proved to be wrong.
Have to agree that the Mavs will probably be the only team that can play against the Lakers.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

No, I know about Eddy Curry, but this Baby Shaq is European(Sofoklese Schortanidis or something, I can't pronounce some greek names that easilly).He's 3 years younger than Curry,6'9" I believe, but can grow taller.Scouters were impressed with his skills, I also think he was named the best player, nobody able to stop him in the paint.Greece won the tournament by the way(most major basketball powers compete there, ages up to 18-19 I think).
I hope the Kings can come back, I admire Utah's veterans(and kirilenko), but the don't stand a chance against the Lakers.
Finally, no, I'm not Yugoslavian, just admiring good European players.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Let's see if we'll see him in NBA.

Glad that the Kings finally beaten the Jazz. But still, their chances against Lakers are not high. :cry: Probably they will get whipped by the Mavs in the next round.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Did you see you Yao Ming work out? He looked kinda overrated to me. And the media is just putting too much hype out about him so that they can please China or it just seems like that to me. They keep saying stuff about how they can't wait to have a big guy with a small guy's skills. If they haven't noticed KG and Dirk already have that and are much better than Yao if you ask me. :P

As for the Kings the only way they can win against the Lakers is if they keep on pushing the ball instead of getting into a half court set. Same goes for the Mavs.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Slider wrote:Did you see you Yao Ming work out? He looked kinda overrated to me. And the media is just putting too much hype out about him so that they can please China or it just seems like that to me. They keep saying stuff about how they can't wait to have a big guy with a small guy's skills. If they haven't noticed KG and Dirk already have that and are much better than Yao if you ask me. :P

As for the Kings the only way they can win against the Lakers is if they keep on pushing the ball instead of getting into a half court set. Same goes for the Mavs.
Obviously, Yao Ming is not prepared for NBA. Drafting him will be somewhat like drafting a high schooler, may be a little better but not much. I think they yearn for Chinese players not because they wanna please China, but to grab the Chinese Market. See the Wang Zhizhi effect? It's a commercially smart move, but not in respect of sports.

BTW, I'm not sure if Wang Zhizhi is qualified for NBA. He just stand there and let the offense get pass. He thinks he can shoot 3, but misses everytime.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I have to agree with you that bringing in Chinese players is more of a economic move than actually improving the talent base. I've seen better players while playing in my high school, but they don't have the height to compete in the NBA.

But did you see the Nets get screwed by Reggie Miller's three after the game had ended. Seems like that football isn't the only sport that needs instant replay.
Our Host!